Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
You just can't make this chit up.I was just listening to one of our sales reps on the phone with a customer.
First off, we sell parts to repair laptops.
Here's what I heard.
Hello, how may I help you?
You're saying that you can't connect to your wireless Internet?
Oh? It works when you go to McDonald's, but not when you're home?
Do you have a wireless router at home?
Well, it's a router that lets you connect to the Internet without wires.
Do you have one?
Then it sounds like there's nothing wrong with your laptop.
But if you don't have a wireless router, then you can't get wireless Internet.
Yes, I'm sure it does work at McDonald's, but they have their own router.
No, you'd have to have your own wireless router at home.
No, I'm sorry. It doesn't work that way.
No, there is nothing wrong with your laptop.
Yes, we do sell repair parts, but that.....
No ma'am. That won't help.
I'm sorry, I can't help you.
No, why don't you try ........'s tech support.
Yeah, here's their number.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
You just can't make this chit up.I was just listening to one of our sales reps on the phone with a customer.
Here's what I heard.
Do you have one?
This is why the tech guys bring the hard stuff for the Christmas party.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
That's one of the funniest things I've seen in a good long while. Although it sounds nearly identical to 90% of the conversations I hear teachers having with students, just substitute laptops for any and all subjects.

Here's what I heard.
Do you have one?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
That's one of the funniest things I've seen in a good long while. Although it sounds nearly identical to 90% of the conversations I hear teachers having with students, just substitute laptops for any and all subjects.
Yeah when a kid asks me a question I remind them their phone has google on it.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
They actually enforce rules at your school.
Of sorts. Teachers try to enforce the rules, but are hamstrung. You kick a kid out of class so the rest of the class gets too learn (or do some approximation of that) but that kid you kicked out still has to take the state exam and therefore is a black mark on your record. Add that to the fact that students only ever get up to 3 days of detention for nearly anything they do and they really don't care. There essentially is no punishment, in their eyes, for doing whatever they want. ISS was done away with due to budget concerns and the ongoing war between the administraation and teacher's union over them not having a contract for the past 3 years. The district is a mess, which is also why I'm going back to school next fall :rolleyes:

Crazy that this was an excellent profession to go into 5-7 years ago.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Of sorts. Teachers try to enforce the rules, but are hamstrung. You kick a kid out of class so the rest of the class gets too learn (or do some approximation of that) but that kid you kicked out still has to take the state exam and therefore is a black mark on your record. Add that to the fact that students only ever get up to 3 days of detention for nearly anything they do and they really don't care. There essentially is no punishment, in their eyes, for doing whatever they want. ISS was done away with due to budget concerns and the ongoing war between the administraation and teacher's union over them not having a contract for the past 3 years. The district is a mess, which is also why I'm going back to school next fall :rolleyes:

Crazy that this was an excellent profession to go into 5-7 years ago.
Yeah I'm not for abusing kids, but they need consequences with teeth. The quality of public education is progressively getting worse in Texas. My wife is working at a private school now(the pay stinks even more), but the quality of education is much higher. I think we need serious education reform in our country maybe a reversal of no child left behind, but I'm probably preaching to the choir. Teaching is a calling for sure.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah I'm not for abusing kids, but they need consequences with teeth. The quality of public education is progressively getting worse in Texas. My wife is working at a private school now(the pay stinks even more), but the quality of education is much higher. I think we need serious education reform in our country maybe a reversal of no child left behind, but I'm probably preaching to the choir. Teaching is a calling for sure.
I'm with her. If you actually want to do any teaching you have to go to private schools. I did some of my student teaching in an excellent private school and it was such a shock to have directions followed, parental involvement, interested and active students, but I guess that's what you get when they're paying $25K a year to go there.

NCLB is a big problem, but keep creating more. With the implementation of the common core standards, but the constant emphasis on results based evaluations of teachers and students it's completely contradictory. Common core emphasizes a more holistic approach to education and learning, at least a little bit closer to an idealistic version of teaching, but there is a huge push country wide to base pay on the results of standardized tests or create incentives based on student performance. Obviously this makes no sense anyways, but the contradiction between what teachers need to align their lessons with and the reality of the situation makes it so much worse.

Oh well, enough ranting :D

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Kids these days!! No guidence from another, if only school was still the way it ues to be!!!

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Kids these days!! No guidence from another, if only school was still the way it ues to be!!!
Someone should speak to their guidence counsellor!! They ues to take us back behind the kangaroo milking station to rap us on the knuckles!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Someone should speak to their guidence counsellor!! They ues to take us back behind the kangaroo milking station to rap us on the knuckles!
And if you were really bad ues got sent on walkabout for a couple months.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
How bout ewes guys just nock it of.
Obiously Aussie to English the translor is brok. Stupd upgrade.
Geez lte it go.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if You copy pasted this from one of his old posts.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis