Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
just had to talk my wife out of wanting a hedgehog
Hedgehogs are kinda cute, but the last one I chilled with was a major *********.

That's new, more advanced language filtering. Interesting......

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Today is a new day :) day off work, still in bed with Steph!! Connors trying to pull her eyes out....

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
People are sure excited about this superb owl today? Does it talk or do tricks or anything?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Stupid Mac Mini HDMI connection. "I think that your monitor is a TV, so I'll screw up the color scale." I just threw away a couple of hours trying to fix that to no avail. That, and the fan that my brother has "literally never heard" isn't much quieter than the computer that I already had. And, yeah, it's audible. It's not loud, but it's sure not silent.

On the plus side, $900 has just about doubled my frame rate when playing StarCraft II on medium settings. Woo...wait for it...waaaiiittt for iiiiittt...hoo.

Remorse Level: Expert.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
That, and the fan that my brother has "literally never heard" isn't much quieter than the computer that I already had. And, yeah, it's audible. It's not loud, but it's sure not silent.
How is the ambient temp/breathing room for it?

On the plus side, $900 has just about doubled my frame rate when playing StarCraft II on medium settings. Woo...wait for it...waaaiiittt for iiiiittt...hoo.
So about 15-20fps then? :D

Baa! Baa!!!! (a little more angrily) BAA!!!!!!:p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
How is the ambient temp/breathing room for it?
His room is about 5°F cooler than mine. Breathing room should be just fine. Right now, it's on top of a table with nothing blocking it and about a foot to the wall from the fan vent.

So about 15-20fps then? :D
Ha! Nah, it's about 80 on the Mini, and about 45 on the Dell.

Baa! Baa!!!! (a little more angrily) BAA!!!!!!:p
Hey, sheep must be smart to regret their purchases. :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
His room is about 5°F cooler than mine. Breathing room should be just fine. Right now, it's on top of a table with nothing blocking it and about a foot to the wall from the fan vent.
Well you could always try cranking up the AC more to see if that helps :D

Hey, sheep must be smart to regret their purchases. :D
(with a bit of anger and regret, but an air of intelligence as well) Baa!!!

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
So moveing the master bedroom around and Connor pulles all the cables out of the wall unit as I stick them in there, little man dosnt like the idear of working as a team.....

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Stupid Mac Mini HDMI connection. "I think that your monitor is a TV, so I'll screw up the color scale." I just threw away a couple of hours trying to fix that to no avail. That, and the fan that my brother has "literally never heard" isn't much quieter than the computer that I already had. And, yeah, it's audible. It's not loud, but it's sure not silent.

My Mac Mini is silent. Not a peep, whirl, or barking hedgehog. I have my mini connected to my tv via hdmi and there was no color scale change. You paid $900.00 for you mini?! Dude, that's insane. Which model did you get? Mine was like $350.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Just finished watching 'Watchmen'. That was some weird sh!t. I'm not sure if I liked or not.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My Mac Mini is silent. Not a peep, whirl, or barking hedgehog. I have my mini connected to my tv via hdmi and there was no color scale change. You paid $900.00 for you mini?! Dude, that's insane. Which model did you get? Mine was like $350.
I got the late 2012 quad-core i7 model for $800, and I also got 16GB of RAM to put in it. I also got a disc doubler kit to put an SSD in (but I haven't gotten the SSD, yet).

My Mini is acting like my monitor is a TV. PCs use a different RGB range than video sources, and if my monitor is set to the PC range and the Mini is outputting the video range (because it thinks my monitor is a TV), then it won't look right. Fonts look kind of blocky and aren't easy to read. If I use the DVI input, it works okay - but I already have a computer connected to that input, and the darn thing should work, IMO.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I got the late 2012 quad-core i7 model for $800, and I also got 16GB of RAM to put in it. I also got a disc doubler kit to put an SSD in (but I haven't gotten the SSD, yet).

My Mini is acting like my monitor is a TV. PCs use a different RGB range than video sources, and if my monitor is set to the PC range and the Mini is outputting the video range (because it thinks my monitor is a TV), then it won't look right. Fonts look kind of blocky and aren't easy to read. If I use the DVI input, it works okay - but I already have a computer connected to that input, and the darn thing should work, IMO.
Oh, okay. I have the core i5 with no extras. I am going to add more memory. Eventually.
Why not hook it up to your tv? I have 47 inches of kittens riding roombas. :eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, okay. I have the core i5 with no extras. I am going to add more memory. Eventually.
Why not hook it up to your tv? I have 47 inches of kittens riding roombas. :eek:
It's just way too expensive for a media streamer, IMO. I bought it because my brother said it was silent. My Dell is quiet, but not silent, so I thought it would be cool to have a silent computer that was a bit better than the Dell. I really should have bought an HP that I saw on sale a couple of weeks ago for about the same price. Oh, well. The silver lining is that I won't feel so bad gutting the thing to put in an SSD now. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
While cleaning up one of my rooms, I found an unopened package from Amazon that arrived in November 2011. Bing Crosby's White Christmas on CD.

Maybe I'll find an amp somewhere... :D

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe I'll find an amp somewhere... :D
Or a scorpion. :eek:

Have you had anymore in the house? Man, I would keep a black light on all the time. I used to breed reptiles. But, bugs? No thanks.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Or a scorpion. :eek:

Have you had anymore in the house? Man, I would keep a black light on all the time. I used to breed reptiles. But, bugs? No thanks.
Good memory! I haven't seen any since last summer. Thank goodness. They make me a little nervous.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis