Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Originally Posted by AdamI got a new dishwasher last year. The installer hooked the drain hose to that air-gap, but they did some other stuff wrong - so I'm not saying that I need it. Thanks for the note. I'll look into that.

Originally Posted by lsiberian
I didn't know you got married.

It'll help if you don't let her see stuff like this^;)
You don't think she'd like the 'drain hose to air-gap' comment?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It's serious, but we will work through it. If I can land a better software position it sure could help the situation.

I hear you. Hopefully we can both work it out.
Chin up :)

Brian and Adam give great "back rubs" if that would help ;)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
It's serious, but we will work through it. If I can land a better software position it sure could help the situation.

I hear you. Hopefully we can both work it out.
I'm all for dumping them and you can move in here. How you look in a skirt?:eek:

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know how brining it first would go either. The thing about meatloaf, is that preparation is relatively simple and it's convenient for a weekday supper. If I'm going to start brining and grinding it, I may as well not bother. I got the recipe from a low fat cookbook, just to try and expand on my healthier option repertoire.

I read your posts about brining meat and I've tried your suggestion of salting well in advance of grilling, which I've found to improve the moistness and tenderness of the meat. :)

As for the turkey meatloaf seasonings, there's grilled onion, chopped apples (to add moisture, I guess), marjoram, parsley, garlic, sage, black pepper and salt (just 1/2 tsp). I figured that all that stuff would be sufficient to give the loaf some flavour. But, it just didn't meet expectations. I don't know if it's just a psychological thing - expecting a meatloaf to taste a certain way and when it doesn't, it seems something is lacking.:confused: I have to be conservative with adding salt to food, because my wife has hereditary hypertension. She's not overweight and she exercises, but she still has to be mindful of it.
That actually sounds really good! :D:confused: The salt thing is a tough one. If that recipe didn't cut it, and some semblance of convenience was necessary, the only things that come to mind take a very different direction. How are you guys with spices? As in, cayenne/pepper flakes combo, or perhaps chopped jalapeno? Either would add a little color too I imagine, besides dramatically changing how it tastes.

The way I typically cook garlic in a bigger dish is minced near the end of the "mirepoix" (which I pretty much never remove in my limited rep, unlike with many other recipes) constantly stirring, or instead sometimes as whole or almost whole cloves right at the beginning, in oil on a cast iron skillet. Either way, I go by smell to know when I think it's ready for the next step. I'm just saying that because I wonder what your process is, not that I would know a damn thing about how to improve it.

Anyway, the other out of left field idea was turkey chili! :D I really like this title, and it seems to be extremely well reviewed.
Ground Turkey Chili For People Who Hate Ground Turkey Recipe - Food.com - 79308

Yeah you'll have to think in advance to soak beans, but at least that's only opening a bag and dumping the contents. I would give you a tip on a super fast soak, but it can result in great saltiness, so I withhold. Healthy, economical, good fiber. :) Just take it really easy if at all with the sour cream and cheese.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis