What are you watching tonight?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Watched Cars 2 at a family friendly volume level last night. I might pop it back in tonight after everyone goes to bed and push the volume up a couple more notches.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just finished State of Play a 2003 BBC minisires that was later remade as a Hollywood film reset in DC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Play_(TV_serial)

It is a murder mystery revolving around UK parliament, but instead of following the police you're watching a group of reporters investigate the crime. Highly recommended, it was quite captivating from start to end.

Last edited:
roleydre

roleydre

Audioholic
Matrix revolution,and starwars episode V,then maybe a short movie fore i go to bed...

H

hjustin

Audioholic
Crazy Stupid Love on HBO HD last night. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter on Blu tonight.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
War Games on blu-ray.

Man, this movie brings me back. I was 10 when this came out.

This is also where I learned (after my older brother noticed it) how to butter corn on the cob using a piece of bread. :)

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
The Black Adder and Sherlock Holmes (the one with Jeremy Brett) on Netflix.

Last edited:
G

Grador

Twin Peaks
Word of warning, I would suggest just dropping it after the main mystery is solved, it goes downhill very fast after that.

If you were me though, I can't stop something in the middle of something so I would disregard this suggestion myself.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Word of warning, I would suggest just dropping it after the main mystery is solved, it goes downhill very fast after that.

If you were me though, I can't stop something in the middle of something so I would disregard this suggestion myself.
The beauty of that post is that, if he doesn't mind stopping something in the middle, he'll never read the disclaimer to just keep watching. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Seen it before, but I guess they recently added to Netflix streaming so we started watching it again :)

Tonight: Brave BD because Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter was out at Redbox.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Seen it before, but I guess they recently added to Netflix streaming so we started watching it again :)

Tonight: Brave BD because Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter was out at Redbox.
I got BDs of Expendables 2 and Lincoln Vampire as well for tonight, I think in my rural area of "Beaver County" :)D) not many people with BD players, so they are always available, plus I have at least eight Redbox kiosks within a half mile area...:) Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Cheers Jeff

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I got BDs of Expendables 2 and Lincoln Vampire as well for tonight, I think in my rural area of "Beaver County" :)D) not many people with BD players, so they are always available, plus I have at least eight Redbox kiosks within a half mile area...:) Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Cheers Jeff
I have about 10 redboxes in the area, but a lot of people have BD players and the boxes only have so many copies on BD (the boxes had it on DVD). I had actually checked if it was available but they were all rented by the time I got to my two "favorite" machines. I had a left over promo code that can only be used at the box, so I couldn't reserve it.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The Hunger Games.

I'm only 50 minutes into it so far. Okay, I've spent my life detesting comments of, "the book is so much better than the movie." Book snobs, just shut up. I figure, if I wanted to read the book, I would have read the book. So, it pains me to say - as someone who read the book (well, listened to the audio book) - so far, the book is SO much better than the movie. For one thing, if I hadn't listened to the book, I'm not sure that I'd really know what's supposed to be going on in the movie.

G

Grador

The Hunger Games.

I'm only 50 minutes into it so far. Okay, I've spent my life detesting comments of, "the book is so much better than the movie." Book snobs, just shut up. I figure, if I wanted to read the book, I would have read the book. So, it pains me to say - as someone who read the book (well, listened to the audio book) - so far, the book is SO much better than the movie. For one thing, if I hadn't listened to the book, I'm not sure that I'd really know what's supposed to be going on in the movie.
As someone who has not read the book, I had no problem understanding what was going on. I imagine that the book had a completely different tone to it as for me most of the enjoyment from the movie was getting a feel for what this world was about which I found enthralling.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
As someone who has not read the book, I had no problem understanding what was going on. I imagine that the book had a completely different tone to it as for me most of the enjoyment from the movie was getting a feel for what this world was about which I found enthralling.
Okay, within a couple of minutes of me typing that, it picked up. I thought the beginning was sparse on details, but it's getting better.

It does have awesome bass at times, too. :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Okay, within a couple of minutes of me typing that, it picked up. I thought the beginning was sparse on details, but it's getting better.

It does have awesome bass at times, too. :D
That movie was kinda slow to get going.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis