Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nine months tomorrow, and barely over 1500 posts? I'd say that you aren't on here enough.

:D
Tell that to my GF. I'm lucky I get on here at all :(

Temple of Doom, all that biotch did was scream...
Hmmm could be a movie..........could describe this place and any number of members...........

The Force is with you young fuzz. But you are not a Jedi yet. Adam on the other hand...
The only way I'm going to catch up to Adam is if he dies and I live to 100 :eek::D

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Tomorrow is my advertising final project.
Wednesday is my international marketing final project.
Thursday is my strategic marketing paper.
Friday is Spain! :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Tomorrow is my advertising final project.
Wednesday is my international marketing final project.
Thursday is my strategic marketing paper.
Friday is Spain! :D
That's fantastic! No, I'm not jealous. :rolleyes:

I'm reminded of the punch line, "Wha'd ya expect for 5 bucks, lobsta?"

Try not to catch nothin'. :p

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Me neither, good morning Steve, here it's after midday already :)
Good mid-day to you then Haraldo!

Just gimme a few Crown amplifiers, and I'd be happy. Of course, an orange could probably generate enough power for my setup & tastes, but that's another story. Certainly it won't have any shortage of juice :p

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Good mid-day to you then Haraldo!

Just gimme a few Crown amplifiers, and I'd be happy. Of course, an orange could probably generate enough power for my setup & tastes, but that's another story. Certainly it won't have any shortage of juice :p
Thx Steve

To be honest, I really would like to check out some of these amps....

They're not killer price, and from what I hear they're pretty good :p
P-S Series | Power Amps | Products | Yamaha

Even the smallest one P2500 is interesting.... if you ask me....

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Even the smallest one P2500 is interesting.... if you ask me....
I certainly wouldn't have any questions about whether I have enough power or not. Still, for my listening habits in my system, I need about 5 watts into a 4 ohm load for peaks. I just can't bring myself to even bother with heavy duty amplification because of this.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
I certainly wouldn't have any questions about whether I have enough power or not. Still, for my listening habits in my system, I need about 5 watts into a 4 ohm load for peaks. I just can't bring myself to even bother with heavy duty amplification because of this.
It's good to have some extra for the crescendos :D
the smallest P2500 would be more than enough, and it's not that expensive too, over here its' about €350, which is about $450

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
It's good to have some extra for the crescendos :D
5W includes the crescendos! 99dB sensitivity + 8.5 feet distance = I need next to nothing in the way of power. Running 5w into an SPL calculator and making a sensitivity adjustment for 4 ohms (-3dB), that puts me right around 95dB.

Of course, it helps me sleep at night that I've seen third party measurements of my receiver dumping well over 100W into a 4 ohm load with 2 channels driven at 1kHz, and a bench of it dumping 100W into 4 ohms from 10Hz-50kHz with very good performance.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
5W includes the crescendos! 99dB sensitivity + 8.5 feet distance = I need next to nothing in the way of power. Running 5w into an SPL calculator and making a sensitivity adjustment for 4 ohms (-3dB), that puts me right around 95dB.

Of course, it helps me sleep at night that I've seen third party measurements of my receiver dumping well over 100W into a 4 ohm load with 2 channels driven at 1kHz, and a bench of it dumping 100W into 4 ohms from 10Hz-50kHz with very good performance.
Ahhh, which speakers do you have? :rolleyes:

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Klipsch RF-5s on the fronts; RC-35 center, and RF-15s on surround duty (the RC-35 and RF-15s being 96dB sensitive with 2.83V)
I see...... somehow I got a strong wish to audition Klipsch lately
You didn't make this less interesting Steve

Thanks.... enjoy the music :p

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I see...... somehow I got a strong wish to audition Klipsch lately
You know how it is: you either love em or you hate em. Of course, I'm still aiming to hear some of their other flavors (Heritage and Palladium) one of these good days.

You didn't make this less interesting Steve
aardvark
aard·vark
[ahrd-vahrk]
noun
a large, nocturnal, burrowing mammal, Orycteropus afer, of central and southern Africa, feeding on ants and termites and having a long, extensile tongue, strong claws, and long ears.

How's that?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
You know how it is: you either love em or you hate em. Of course, I'm still aiming to hear some of their other flavors (Heritage and Palladium) one of these good days.

aardvark
aard·vark
[ahrd-vahrk]
noun
a large, nocturnal, burrowing mammal, Orycteropus afer, of central and southern Africa, feeding on ants and termites and having a long, extensile tongue, strong claws, and long ears.

How's that?
Now you made it less interesting..... LOL

Prepare your wallet, when you audition the palladium's..... LOL

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis