Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I cant stand the Nissan commercial where they beep the horn like ten times, when the surround is on it always and I mean always sounds like someone is in my driveway.:mad:

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I'm seriously considering ordering The Avengers on blu-ray. If I order it today, it will be delivered on release day (Tuesday). Hmmmm...
I'm looking at How To Train Your Dragon, Finding Nemo, and Kung Fu Panda. If I've got to get kid movies, they should at least have pretty good bass.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'd pay the extra 5 bucks for the four disc version. Not because of the 3D but because of the digital version that is included. Mostly because I'm actively willing myself not to start ripping movies and going down the HTPC road because I know I'll end up with some very angry credit card people if I start down that path :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm looking at How To Train Your Dragon, Finding Nemo, and Kung Fu Panda. If I've got to get kid movies, they should at least have pretty good bass.
I don't know if you've seen How To Train Your Dragon or not (probably have) but that has some awesome bass in it. I love popping that movie in to feel the rumble from those dragons. Surprised the heck out of me.......until I saw that the Master List on AVS had it ranked as a 4.5 star I think. Well worth it.

Can't wait to see how the Finding Nemo Blu-ray turns out.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I finally gave in and bought reading glasses yesterday. When I saw my optometrist a few months ago, she told me that I'd probably be needing them soon. I didn't realize how much I needed them until I got them.:( But then, I'm 47 and had perfect vision until recently. That's pretty good, considering both of my parents and all of my sisters have been wearing prescription glasses since they were kids.
Sucks getting old, doesn't it? :D Just messing with ya - sorry that you needed to get glasses. My dad had perfect vision, but he uses reading glasses now. And, no, I'm not going to start calling you daddy. :eek:

In my case, "getting old" was (I think) sixth or seventh grade. That's when I started wearing glasses. I'm near sighted, so the opposite of you. I try to wear my glasses while using the computer, though, because my left eye (the weaker one) will start to hurt if I don't.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I was all geared up to order Dominos tonight, but the combination of the calories and the order going over $20 has changed my mind. For the fourth non-breakfast meal in a row, I'll be throwing down a 15-ounce can of black beans. I tell you what - they're good! I finally thought to add in a mixture of spices, and now it's like a spicy black bean soup that I buy at the store.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Sooo a can of beans for dinner?

C'mon man, break out the cook book. Heck youtube and you can get step by step directions. Where are the kitchen skills? :p :D

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I was all geared up to order Dominos tonight, but the combination of the calories and the order going over $20 has changed my mind. For the fourth non-breakfast meal in a row, I'll be throwing down a 15-ounce can of black beans. I tell you what - they're good! I finally thought to add in a mixture of spices, and now it's like a spicy black bean soup that I buy at the store.
Nothing wrong with spicy black bean soup, my wife makes it and I love it, a couple of chunks of sour dough bread for dippin and I'm all set.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks to Mike for once again being speedy to clean up a spammer! :)

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I don't know if you've seen How To Train Your Dragon or not (probably have) but that has some awesome bass in it. I love popping that movie in to feel the rumble from those dragons. Surprised the heck out of me.......until I saw that the Master List on AVS had it ranked as a 4.5 star I think. Well worth it.

Can't wait to see how the Finding Nemo Blu-ray turns out.
I've seen How to Train Your Dragon, but since it was just a kids movie that the wife wanted to see, I didn't bother pushing the volume beyond relatively sedate levels. It was only later that I saw it on the master list at AVS and cursed myself.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Nothing wrong with spicy black bean soup, my wife makes it and I love it, a couple of chunks of sour dough bread for dippin and I'm all set.
Wolfgang Puck makes my spicy black bean soup for me, although I prefer his tortilla soup. All the same, it's nice to have a chef of that caliber at my beck and call.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Sucks getting old, doesn't it? :D Just messing with ya - sorry that you needed to get glasses. My dad had perfect vision, but he uses reading glasses now. And, no, I'm not going to start calling you daddy. :eek:

In my case, "getting old" was (I think) sixth or seventh grade. That's when I started wearing glasses. I'm near sighted, so the opposite of you. I try to wear my glasses while using the computer, though, because my left eye (the weaker one) will start to hurt if I don't.
Yeah, it does suck.:mad: But, as the saying goes - Nobody gets out alive.

I don't need them for the computer, but small print has been giving me trouble. When I take them off, everything looks blurry for a few seconds, :eek: but my eyes re-adjust quickly. I'm glad reading glasses are cheap.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sooo a can of beans for dinner?

C'mon man, break out the cook book. Heck youtube and you can get step by step directions. Where are the kitchen skills? :p :D
Hey, I should be making YouTube videos for people. "Quick-n-Easy Spicy Black Bean Soup." From raw ingredients to dinner in just a couple of minutes of prep time. I could be an overnight internet phenomenon. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My new bluetooth headset has made it to Tucson, so hopefully I'll get it today. My new juicer has been shipped, and my Audioholics shirts from Cafepress shipped. Not bad for a Monday morning. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis