Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I got the SSD installed, but in retrospect, I should have seen if Norton Ghost would have worked well. I reinstalled from the recovery discs, and I'm trying to get the software back up to speed on this thing.

Huh. It looks like Microsoft Office, which was on here, isn't here now. Maybe I need to redo this after all.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Geesh, I've been away for a while clearly--- Did you do the SSD install on the Mac or.......???

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Geesh, I've been away for a while clearly--- Did you do the SSD install on the Mac or.......???
I got a new Dell, and it's pretty quiet. I thought that the SSD would make it really quiet - but turns out, the fan is most of the noise. Oh, well. I was kind of curious about getting an SSD for a desktop (I have one in my MB Air), so I don't regret it.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Btw, how's golf been treating you? You still doing that full time?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Okay, I've decided to reinstall my original hard drive and try to make an image of it. All-in-one computers really aren't optimized for doing that... :)

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
NICE! I think I did read that actually, now that I think about it. The advantages of the SSD reach far beyond the noise level- but I'm sure you already know that. Its a really nice upgrade for OS and apps...

Saw your SVS review. Let me get warmed back up in the forums and I'll take a crack at critiquing it.. Just kidding.. nice work...

Yeah- its been a busy summer with lots and lots of golf. Its looking like I'll be either heading out your way this winter or down to FL for a shorter mini-tour before bigger stage qualifiers again in the spring. Its been tons of fun and I feel incredibly fortunate to get to chase this dream.

I hope everybody else is well...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
If you make it to Tucson, let me know! It would be cool to meet you in person. Well, that, and finally getting that bracelet you promised. :p :D

(Actually, I forgot all about that until just now.)

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
If you make it to Tucson, let me know! It would be cool to meet you in person. Well, that, and finally getting that bracelet you promised. :p :D

(Actually, I forgot all about that until just now.)
Its not a bracelet... Its a "device" that every aspiring awesome person should have...

I do still have a couple. AND- I did get your message. I'll continue that conversation there.

The mini-tour there is in the greater Phoenix area, but its not far. I'll have plenty of down time. Just don't lock me up like Doug did.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Its not a bracelet... Its a "device" that every aspiring awesome person should have...

I do still have a couple. AND- I did get your message. I'll continue that conversation there.

The mini-tour there is in the greater Phoenix area, but its not far. I'll have plenty of down time. Just don't lock me up like Doug did.
Gimp...............

Last edited by a moderator:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
If you make it to Tucson, let me know! It would be cool to meet you in person. Well, that, and finally getting that bracelet / ring you promised. :p :D
This is getting me just a bit misty eyed.
To think they say long distance relationships don't last.
To the naysayers I say, "The heart wants, what the heart wants."

majorloser

majorloser

Its looking like I'll be either heading out your way this winter or down to FL for a shorter mini-tour....

But you said the restrooms in the mall food courts here in Florida just weren't what they used to be. :confused:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Am I the only one that thinks this looks like an icy Death Star?! :eek:

"That's no moon..."

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Having a bad Monday :( I have to replace my headphone cord when I get home since some idiot thought it would be a good idea to see how far the cord would stretch. The things I have to deal with going to a school for learning disabilities -.-

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'll probably take part in Episose III too guys :p
Wow! Welcome back, Harald! I think the last post I saw of yours ended something like "...and the horse you rode in on!":D

Glad you decided to come back.:)

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
I'll probably take part in Episose III too guys :p
:D YAY HE'S BACK :D

just bought a cheap $40 racing wheel... regretted it the very second i felt the wheel... i really hate how all cheap ones have the stupid return to center feature.... not realistic at all. but i took out the spring and it works great now. also has a weird sequential/h shifter hybrid thingy. its a normal sequential shift in the sense that you move it forward to shift up and backwards to shift down... but then you can shift it to the side to shift into reverse. not sure what games would allow me to do that... even nascar 2003 wont let me do it... only sequential or h shifting patterns... no hybrid :(

but i am content with it.... i dont do much racing right now so it will do... but one day.... logitech g27... one day...

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
So the Perreaux 6000B is going away. Not worth $550 to me, especially since it has issues that don't appear to be a quick fix. On the bright side got my cables back so I can hook the Cinepro back up. Maybe if lightening strikes I'll have a second one headed to me. Long odds there.

Played the train crash scene from Super 8 with the measurement gear rollin' and saw some interesting stuff going on. SPL meter and Behringer mic with REW.

Need more spare time to get a subwoofer built.

Grad school can't be over soon enough.

Getting a real job can't come soon enough.

Don't look forward to taking the HT setup apart to make a few adjustments.

Birthday is soon. I feel old.

Got a new lawn ornament.

Came out of a store to find my tail light cracked.

Win some, lose some.

Refrigerator is leaking a little, oil tank is half empty, glass is half full.

Need a new computer. Note to self: win lottery.

Brain vomit over. Now back to your regularly scheduled government approved and monitored program material.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis