B&W 802D: 3rd Time's a Charm on Friday the 13th

C

canelli

Audioholic
ADTG

The CVD diamonds are extremely hard and strong. Another material characteristic that normally comes with hard and strong is being brittle, and you found out what happens when a brittle material is dropped. :(

I have designed using beryllium alloys and it makes for a really fantastic material. Beryllium can cause some very nasty and fatal lung diseases. It takes special setups to machine and to trap the beryllium particulates and fumes. Due to this, I used it for more specialized applications.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I really don't think these 802's are going to sound any better than your Salon speakers but they look cool.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Any update ADTG?
Just got off the phone with owner.

My new speakers will be this:

B&W 802 Diamond Piano Gloss Black is being ordered today. I forgot to ask for ETA, but will ask later this week.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord

B&W 802 Diamond Piano Gloss Black is being ordered today. I forgot to ask for ETA, but will ask later this week.
Not that anyone would really want them, but do these come with grills?
Don't remember ever a picture with grills in place (and I wonder how they would style it for the mid and tweet).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I like the color. ;)

Are these D1s or D2s?
Your post about the Salon2 in piano gloss black might have slighted swayed the decision. :D

I didn't want to say 802D2 because it sounds like R2D2. :D

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

Pretty much hate you with every inch of my being.

just saying.....

:p

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Not that anyone would really want them, but do these come with grills?
Don't remember ever a picture with grills in place (and I wonder how they would style it for the mid and tweet).
You know me. I gotta have grilles. :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I didn't want to say 802D2 because it sounds like R2D2. :D
And it looks like him too.

Good choice, because I think the D2 is an audible improvement over the D1. Yeah, I know so-and-so says they measure alike.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Good choice, because I think the D2 is an audible improvement over the D1. Yeah, I know so-and-so says they measure alike.
Like they say, measurements are only half the battle. ;)

Everyone I've talked to also say the D2 is better than the D1.

Some even say the 805D2 sounds better than the 800D1, which is hard for me to believe, but it is possible since quite a few people say that.

The owner was telling me that when you buy the 802, you are actually paying $500 just for the 2 cartons/boxes. He said if he ordered just the boxes for his dealer, he would have to pay $500. :eek:

He also said the dealer cost for any of the 3 finishes are the same, but that they should have charged $1,000 for the piano gloss black.

InTheIndustry also told me KEF charges the dealers $1,000/pr for the piano gloss over the satin finish.

J

Jeepers

Full Audioholic
Congratulations with the 802Di; I have these as well but in Cherrywood. They take a while to break in.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis