Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe there just aren't any bass in that pond. That's what you're fishing for, right?
I don't know.. its one of the premiere fishing lakes in SC... lake Marion.. big @ss fishing tourneys held here.. I assume bass.. I'll settle for anything that'll take the bait at this point... that is my motto afterall.

What should I be fishing with at night?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know.. its one of the premiere fishing lakes in SC... lake Marion.. big @ss fishing tourneys held here.. I assume bass.. I'll settle for anything that'll take the bait at this point... that is my motto afterall.

1/4 sticks

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
There are two in there but they are located incorrectly so there are cancellation issues....What?
This is serious stuff here. Unless we can help him all he's gonna catch is a buzz.

I've always used artificial lures. Black Berkley worms on Carolina rigs with worm rattles in them. That way you can work a wider area even from the dock. I always just used a bullet weight and tied my line right to the hook with something called a Palermo knot.

These are the bullet weights to get.

If you work the worm slow the weight slides down the line leaving the worm floating. The worm will go down to the weight as you slowly draw the line. That's when 90% of your strikes happen.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
This is serious stuff here. Unless we can help him all he's gonna catch is a buzz.

I've always used artificial lures. Black Berkley worms on Carolina rigs with worm rattles in them. That way you can work a wider area even from the dock. I always just used a bullet weight and tied my line right to the hook with something called a Palermo knot.

These are the bullet weights to get.

If you work the worm slow the weight slides down the line leaving the worm floating. The worm will go down to the weight as you slowly draw the line. That's when 90% of your strikes happen.

I have the Berkley worms and the bullet weights in the tackle box! How do I string them up?

And yes, this is serious stuff. I need a fish. I'm hungry.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Just read the Carolina Jig link.. I was worried that was a racist link so I hesitated... I have everything I need and a little know-how...

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Will that work at night?

Also.. the bugs are eating me alive.. is 29 deet good? I found some of that here and smells like it'll keep just about everything away

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Will that work at night?

Also.. the bugs are eating me alive.. is 29 deet good? I found some of that here and smells like it'll keep just about everything away
I'm pretty sure I've caught fish at night but I was always drunk so it didn't matter much. Spay Listerine on yourself to keep bugs off.

The Carolina rig plants the hook back in the worm unlike a Texas rig which tends to get caught in weeds more. It took some doing for me to learn to work a worm. You draw the rod up like 3 or four feet (worm and weight) and then let the weight slide down. Slowly reel the line in making the worm go down to the weight ... then repeat ... slowly.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It's not often that people actually make me seriously wonder, "WTF?!" Tonight was one of those times. I'm out walking Niki about 45 minutes ago when a couple of dogs from down the street come trotting up. Really nice dogs, but I can't grab them with Niki there because Niki goes all alpha-dog on the larger one whenever she gets too close to me. One of the daughters (college age) walks out and calls for the dogs, but it's dark out, so she can't see us - so I call out that the dogs are over by me. "Hey, thanks. Let me grab a leash." It's kinda dangerous around here for a dog to be out at night, as the road about a block away is kinda busy, and it's really quite dark around here. If Niki was out, I'd be freaking until I got her back. The girl and her (I think) sister seem to take forever and a day to come back out, and then they get in the car. Presumably to be able to find the dogs easier...until they drive right past them and...leave. They just left. :eek: I couldn't believe it. I took Niki home and headed out to find the pooches. Luckily, one went home by itself and I found the second one after about five minutes, so they're back home again.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
The girl and her (I think) sister
Wow... that is crazy... threesome ops with siblings involved is very exciting.. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story...

I'm gonna make popcorn.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Wow... that is crazy... threesome ops with siblings involved is very exciting.. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story...

I'm gonna make popcorn.
I might as well make popcorn, too, 'cause those girls aren't going to have anything to do with me...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I completely forgot to buy a lottery ticket. No surprise, as I've bought about two in my life. That said, I hope that no one wins...seeing it hit $1B would be a heck of a thing.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I completely forgot to buy a lottery ticket. No surprise, as I've bought about two in my life. That said, I hope that no one wins...seeing it hit $1B would be a heck of a thing.
I completely agree and I hope it happens... I've never bought a lottery ticket but I think that I would if it hit a billion.... It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to realize that the odds are beyond conceivable to actually winning, but somebody somewhere has to. Might as well throw my hat in the ring...

Ok, ok.. the college chicks... scale of 1 to 10? :cool:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Ok, ok.. the college chicks... scale of 1 to 10? :cool:
Can't say that I've ever gotten a good look at them, but...what are we talking about? They're college chicks, man. Young, in shape. When I see them, it's a refreshing reminder that I haven't gotten any lamer as I've aged. I've been shunned since an early age.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Can't say that I've ever gotten a good look at them...
I'm sure Amazon has something that can help you there...

You gotta quit thinking "lame"... You're the only guy I know who owns a dethatcher and can explain its features... If they are hot, you know they have an ugly friend, and that ugly friend has a mom. A little networking goes a long ways towards getting on an ugly mother. These are the rules I live by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis