adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Did you order that online or is there someplace in Placid that sells them?
Actually we got it from Modern Design in Burlington, VT. Funny thing about this was that my wife was all about staying in our initial budget but after going to several stores we realized what a huge quality difference there is between the stores like Ashley Furniture and a place like Modern Design. Once she found what she liked the budget suddenly tripled.:rolleyes:

I'm still in shock that it will take 4 months to get it.:confused:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Once she found what she liked the budget suddenly tripled.:rolleyes:
She's trying to teach you how to set your budget for subs. :)

I checked out an Ekornes high back sofa that ran about 7 grand. It was incredibly comfortable and put every one of my other seating experiences to shame. I mean I know I can't afford that but it's lucky my girl didn't like the look of the one we saw. The cost of the whole set with accessories, love seat and chair was around 13K.

A friend of mine says that when you go to this discount furniture store around here called Bob's and go to pick up a couch by one of the legs, the other three legs stay on the ground. The cheap stuff really is a joke.

Maybe those Italian couches are like Steinway pianos and they just take time.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
You know what is really funny is we almost got the Ekhornes lowback that they had on display and had discounted down to around 2600. We really needed a highback though and they did not make the add on headrests for the one on display. Those were by far the most comfortable couches I have ever sat on. The high back was around 4800 which was more than we were willing to part with. The funny thing was Lynn actually considered it for a minute.

This is the one. It was paradise.:)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
This is the one. It was paradise.:)
I think that was the one I sat on ... but I'm sure the price was more. I remember thinking the whole set was about the price of an FJ1300. I'm not getting either anytime soon. I'd rather have the bike ... if I wasn't such a fraidy cat.

This is the first post typed on my 2nd ever and new for me keyboard.
Goodwill ... 2 dolla ... I hope it love me long time like keyboard #1.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
It could have been the same one with a higher grade leather. It is amazing the difference in prices depending on what grade leather you choose. And isn't everything in RI more expensive?:D

Congrats on the new keyboard. Is this one USB?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Is this one USB?
What's USB? :D

No, it's a generic Dell but the letters aren't worn off and the keys feel tighter. It dropped some of the 'Deluxe' features that my eMachines one had but I never used them anyway so it's all good.

I was actually playing around with wire management and my ADD is in overdrive. I gotta go clean my glasses but we should take this up in TBT before Doug shows up. :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
ADK - extremely nice setup you have !
With my new tv coming soon (eventually) I'll have to rework wiring and reprogram the remote (s) ..

I will probably need to a) retire urc rfs200 and b) take the dust of my urc mx-900 and MRF-350 RF base and start finally to learn to use CCP ... Guess where do you come in here :rolleyes:;)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
ADK - extremely nice setup you have !
With my new tv coming soon (eventually) I'll have to rework wiring and reprogram the remote (s) ..

I will probably need to a) retire urc rfs200 and b) take the dust of my urc mx-900 and MRF-350 RF base and start finally to learn to use CCP ... Guess where do you come in here :rolleyes:;)
Thanks.

I'll be glad to help if you need it.

I'm going to be in the City from April 1-3 and will have some free time on Monday while the wife is at a conference. Maybe we can grab lunch and a beer. I'll PM you my hotel when the wife sends the info to see if I am anywhere near you.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Good news I finally ordered our new couch for the theater!

Here is a pic except in our model the chaise is on the left and we will have the head rests on all three seats.

Now the bad news. I have to wait 4 months for it to arrive.:( Anyone going to Italy and want to pick it up form me?
Is that a Natuzzi? A buddy of mine has a couch that looks very similar to yours.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks.

I'll be glad to help if you need it.

I'm going to be in the City from April 1-3 and will have some free time on Monday while the wife is at a conference. Maybe we can grab lunch and a beer. I'll PM you my hotel when the wife sends the info to see if I am anywhere near you.
Sounds like a plan, I work in the midtown and here are tons of places to do just what :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Yes it is. Good catch.

How does he like it?
He loves it!

We bought a Natuzzi reclining couch a few months ago. I wanted to get Home Theatre seating, but the room isn't wide enough.:mad: We waited 3 - 4 months for it, but it is very high quality. Ours actually arrived with a defect though.:eek: The colour on one of the arms was noticeably faded. Might've been rubbing on the packing during shipment - who knows. Anyway, Sears sent somebody over right away and he was able to re-dye the area and now, you would never know there was ever an issue with it.:) He said that it's because it's good quality leather. With cheaper furniture, it would not work as well.

V

Vart

Audioholic
Actually we got it from Modern Design in Burlington, VT. Funny thing about this was that my wife was all about staying in our initial budget but after going to several stores we realized what a huge quality difference there is between the stores like Ashley Furniture and a place like Modern Design. Once she found what she liked the budget suddenly tripled.:rolleyes:

I'm still in shock that it will take 4 months to get it.:confused:
I remember seeing their commercials on TV back in the day when I lived up your way and we got the Burlington TV stations. They always mentioned Natuzzi. I wondered who bought that stuff and now I know! :D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
A few new images of the rack. Always good to have nice picks of a rack.:D I still need to buy the new face plate for the Blu-ray player. Also installed the fan system I purchased years ago. Intakes at the bottom and exit fans at the top. The small white thermostat can be set to automatically come on at any temp. It works really well. Opps, just noticed I forgot to put the trim piece back on the front left of the rack.

The Denon player is a beast! It weights almost 20lbs. With receivers getting lighter all the time it was odd to get a new piece that weighted much more than the Oppo it replaced.

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Smart way of doing the fans. I may have to bother you with details once everything here settles down.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I am hijacking my own thread to show off my new 2-channel setup.

Speakers are not new but this is the first time they have been home. I have used them in my office system for a few years so they have not had a chance to "breathe" in a long time. All I can say is wow. Amazing detail and bass for a bookshelf speaker.

Yes, I have bi-amped/bi-wired them. The integrated is actually set up for bi-amping. All four posts are an all the time. No switch for A/B speakers.

I made the wires yesterday. Canare 4S11 made pretty with items from Parts Express. I would not recommend those banana plus to anyone. Very tight fit in my gear that I have not experienced with any other plug in the past.

Monoprice seems to have lost their mojo. I order the stands on the 13th and they didn't even ship them until the 18th so boxes for now.

The screen is a Raspberry Pi with 8" screen running RoPiee as a Roon endpoint connected into the Denon's DAC.

system.jpg

amp.jpg

biwire.jpg

terminations.jpg

wire.jpg

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I see most of my pics of the theater are gone now. Here is an update picture of the rack.
Denon 7200
DirecTV HD DVR
Amazon 4K Fire Cube
Parasound zDAC (whole house audio)
Sony X700 UHD Player
Niles SI-245 Amp (bedroom zone)
Parasound A23 (whole house audio amp)
ATI AT2000 Amp for Mains
rack.jpg

New Vizio 65" TV for daytime viewing.
tv.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Love the equipment rack! Those Dalis in your 2 ch setup look sexy on them boxes!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis