Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been cranking at work all week.
You and poor Adam, slaving away ... and all the rest of the guys who post from work. :p :)

I will rep you as soon as I can.
I repped him for that too. I was back and forth with the emails to Owens Corning trying to find people who just had the 700 series. I wanted so little of it that I figured that even if they didn't sell to the public that I could make some sort of arrangements based on simian-human diplomacy. Like how can you not let the monkey have a little freakin' insulation?

It took me over a year to find a place that had it ... a 1/2 mile from home ... and they just gave me about a bag of loose pieces that they had kicking around. :confused:

Now it's sitting in storage ... :rolleyes: :(

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
My new ATI AT2005 amp arrived today. At a 92lbs. shipping weight I was a bit worried and FedEx destroyed the outer box. Fortunately all is well with the inner box and the amp itself. It was funny at first I thought wow I've never had a package arrive with the box looking so good.:rolleyes:

Here are some pics:

Front

Back

It is a 200wpc modular design fully balanced Class A/B amp. It is also made in the USA. I will be adding a 2 channel model just like this so I can go back to 7.1. A nice touch is it came with a trigger cable. It does not sound any different than the MPS-1 it replaces (which I'll be selling:)) not that it should.

I'm off to go do some x-country skiing and drinking.:D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Love the looks of it.

Hold up and I will met you for skiing and drinking. Sounds like fun.
My new ATI AT2005 amp arrived today. At a 92lbs. shipping weight I was a bit worried and FedEx destroyed the outer box. Fortunately all is well with the inner box and the amp itself. It was funny at first I thought wow I've never had a package arrive with the box looking so good.:rolleyes:

Here are some pics:

Front

Back

It is a 200wpc modular design fully balanced Class A/B amp. It is also made in the USA. I will be adding a 2 channel model just like this so I can go back to 7.1. A nice touch is it came with a trigger cable. It does not sound any different than the MPS-1 it replaces (which I'll be selling:)) not that it should.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I love the industrial look. I know you said "shipping" weight, but holy cow that is a heavy beast, and I thought my NAD was heavy, pushing 70 lbs or so.

Do you use something like this? :p

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Craig, enjoy the new gear:D I know about weight(innuendo) My 2ch weighs in over 110#:eek: oVER BUILD IS GREAT

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Love the looks of it.

Hold up and I will met you for skiing and drinking. Sounds like fun.
It was a good time. We only skied 5 miles or so but built a fire and had a few beers. Snow was a bit crusty and I broke trail so I got a little workout.

I love the industrial look. I know you said "shipping" weight, but holy cow that is a heavy beast, and I thought my NAD was heavy, pushing 70 lbs or so.
Thanks Josten I'm really digging the look as well. It is very well built. All the wiring inside is super clean. When the two channel one comes in I will try and pull the cover and take some pics.

Do you use something like this? :p

Close but I prefer PBR cans.:D

Craig, enjoy the new gear:D I know about weight(innuendo) My 2ch weighs in over 110#:eek: oVER BUILD IS GREAT
Thanks Scott I will. The mac gear is super nice but I don't think I ready to go there yet.:)

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Does the amp have enough clearance to breathe with the other componet on top ? Nice amp though. ATI makes some the best amps in the business.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Does the amp have enough clearance to breathe with the other componet on top ? Nice amp though. ATI makes some the best amps in the business.
Thanks. I swapped some gear around and put the fireball on top of the amp for now. My wife does not notice if the correct number of "black boxes" are in the rack so while I am waiting for the AT2002 to arrive I will leave it there.:rolleyes:

Now I want an amp!:mad: Nice looking piece of gear.:cool:

Funny, that's what Alex calls it too.;):D
Thanks Doug. You can blame this on Acudeftech starting the ATI thread. I really wanted the 300wpc model but the extra money and the size of my room would not have made it a smart purchase.

Alex can only be in so many places at once so I had to cover for him.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks. I swapped some gear around and put the fireball on top of the amp for now. My wife does not notice if the correct number of "black boxes" are in the rack so while I am waiting for the AT2002 to arrive I will leave it there.:rolleyes:

Thanks Doug. You can blame this on Acudeftech starting the ATI thread. I really wanted the 300wpc model but the extra money and the size of my room would not have made it a smart purchase.

Alex can only be in so many places at once so I had to cover for him.
You're the wind beneath Alex's wings.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
That looks SWEET!:D

Were did you get those Balanced Connectors? They look nice too. I love the colors on them as well.:D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Thank you. I got them from a guy on ebay. They use Canare Star quad cable with Neutrik connectors. Yes the colors make it easier to figure out which wire is which. I've had them for a couple years. I think I paid around $110 for the set of seven.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Thanks Glock.

I'm hoping to get $1300 for it. I have sent it back to Emotiva because one channel would not always turn off using the trigger. They said it was a minor fix and I should have it back next week. Once I have it back I will put up with photos here. If someone here gives me my asking price I will split the shipping which will be expensive due to its weight and the multiple boxes.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I may be willing to chip in half the price of the Emo if you will video yourself lighting it on fire and then trowing it down the mountain.

Ok, I really want to do an audio closet like yours. Do you have any vacation time, that you would like to use up, on a trip to Texas?
Thanks Glock.

I'm hoping to get $1300 for it. I have sent it back to Emotiva because one channel would not always turn off using the trigger. They said it was a minor fix and I should have it back next week. Once I have it back I will put up with photos here. If someone here gives me my asking price I will split the shipping which will be expensive due to its weight and the multiple boxes.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
We did shoot some video yesterday but the visibility was so bad it did not turn out. Now if we would have lit ourselves on fire that may have worked better. Where were you yesterday with this idea. Although even with my flask and 80 proof I don't kow if it would have lit in the storm.:D

Lets talk vacation after the snow melts.:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis