Philharmonic Audio - 3-way open back ML-TQWTs designed by Dennis Murphy

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Found this quote from Paul K. sometime ago, found to be encouraging reading......

...... "I really enjoyed designing the TLs for Dennis' creations. We worked together over several months and we're both very much satisfied with the outcomes. We tried out several different woofers before settling on the SB 8" for the Models 1 and 2, and the SS 8" for the Model 3. John Atkinson of Stereophile Magazine saw and heard the Model 3 at the Capital Audio Fest the same weekend as MWAF, and he had high praise, especially considering their list price."
Paul
Yup - a lot of people don't know that the Editor and Chief from Stereophile magazine (arguably the most popular audio mag in the world) gave major props to the Philharmonic speakers. Chew on that, DenPureSound! :D

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
Yup - a lot of people don't know that the Editor and Chief from Stereophile magazine (arguably the most popular audio mag in the world) gave major props to the Philharmonic speakers. Chew on that, DenPureSound! :D
Gave up Snuff a long time ago -- different strokes for different folks... :D

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
Just haven't heard from you for awhile, good to see you back....watch out for those 120# boxes!
Just warming them up today -- since it was 22 Deg. F outside this AM, and I had to let them work progressively through their Thermal Time Constant (Tau for Nuance) for Heat Transfer Equalization. ;)

Don't want to blow any drivers out, as they might of been Frozen! :eek:

I am waiting to hear from PENG, if he PULLED the Trigger on his NEW Darlings there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

yveletnik

Junior Audioholic
Phil2 Monitors

Does anybody know the price of Phil2 monitors, the ones that have 0.75 cu ft, with RAAL tweeter?
Don't wanna bug Dennis with something that's already public information...

Thanks

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Does anybody know the price of Phil2 monitors, the ones that have 0.75 cu ft, with RAAL tweeter?
Don't wanna bug Dennis with something that's already public information...

Thanks
There is no Phil 2 with a RAAL tweeter. It is only designed with a Fountek; I think mostly just as a surround speaker.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
GranteedEV
There is no Phil 2 with a RAAL tweeter
'"From the website'
The Philharmonic 2 features the RAAL 10D ribbon tweeter

Drivers : SB Acoustics 23NRXS45-8 woofer, BG Neo8 planar midrange,
RAAL 10D ribbon tweeter

F

frsimms

Junior Audioholic
My friend’s Philly Twos were delivered Friday. I had guests so I only now got a chance to set them up and give a first listen. Wow! They are transparent and musical! What a frigging steal! :D

Bob

woodsart

woodsart

Audioholic
awwwwwwe....I gonna tell, you stold DM's speakers!!!!:cool:

Listen on, Bob,.......:D and please report back......yyyyyyes!

Rob

F

frsimms

Junior Audioholic
awwwwwwe....I gonna tell, you stold DM's speakers!!!!:cool:

Listen on, Bob,.......:D and please report back......yyyyyyes!

Rob
Yes. I will post a review in a couple of weeks. God willing.

Bob

PS The speakers look nicer than that do in the picures.

M

M S

Enthusiast
Yeah, the P362 are in my family room. My voice sounds really good through them when I sing karaoke. :D
......and you say they reproduce sound accurately?!? :D

:eek: Sorry ADTG, I couldn't resist. Hopefully stepping on toes (in all good humor) is not too risky a way to make my first post here. I'm sure that if your voice sounds good through the speakers, it must sound at least as good live:)

I have been interested in DM's new commercial offerings since I first saw a post on the PE forum a while back. I have just waded through this thread in the last couple of days hoping to find actual reviews. Will continue to watch.

I have considered Jim Holtz's miniStatements (the full Statements are too big for my room), but these may suit my needs even better.

I am still not certain whether open back design is best for me or not.

Any comments appreciated,
Marvin

woodsart

woodsart

Audioholic
Welcome, Marvin, check out post #516 for an excellent review, how did you miss that!:eek::D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
......and you say they reproduce sound accurately?!? :D

:eek: Sorry ADTG, I couldn't resist. Hopefully stepping on toes (in all good humor) is not too risky a way to make my first post here. I'm sure that if your voice sounds good through the speakers, it must sound at least as good live:)

I have been interested in DM's new commercial offerings since I first saw a post on the PE forum a while back. I have just waded through this thread in the last couple of days hoping to find actual reviews. Will continue to watch.

I have considered Jim Holtz's miniStatements (the full Statements are too big for my room), but these may suit my needs even better.

I am still not certain whether open back design is best for me or not.

Any comments appreciated,
Marvin
You know the secret to karaoke is a good mixer and beer.:eek::D

But seriously, what is your thinking on the open back design? Lack of room for the speakers?

Although you can always fill the top cabinet with the cabinet stuffer.

F

frsimms

Junior Audioholic
Philharmonic Twos

Here are a picture of the first Twos with China Cabinet.

Bob

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Bob congrats :) You have any pictures of the back of the Phil2's, as I've only seen pictures of the fronts

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis