Philharmonic Audio - 3-way open back ML-TQWTs designed by Dennis Murphy

woodsart

woodsart

Audioholic
Your review is gonna be "these have TIGHT accurate room shaking bass just like the infinity primus p363!"

;D
Ha Ha!!!Hey leave our P362/3s alone.....anyway my Servo will handle that!!!:D

Didn't know ATDG had the 363s!!!:confused:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Your review is gonna be "these have TIGHT accurate room shaking bass just like the infinity primus p363!"

;D
Wwwwwwwhy yyyyyyou, I oughta .......:D

It's going to be like "Dog gonit these darn speakers sound so dog gone super duper totally awesome, dude.:eek: Just totally awesomeness, man.:eek:"

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

Yeah, the P362 are in my family room. My voice sounds really good through them when I sing karaoke. :D

One day I was in my HT room listening to music on my Salon2. My mother in-law came in with her friend and said, "You know these speakers will sound great for karaoke! ":eek:

I thought, "R-------I---------G--------------H--------------T, now get the hell out of my room!:eek:":D

woodsart

woodsart

Audioholic
Yeah, the P362 are in my family room. My voice sounds really good through them when I sing karaoke. :D

One day I was in my HT room listening to music on my Salon2. My mother in-law came in with her friend and said, "You know these speakers will sound great for karaoke! ":eek:

I thought, "R-------I---------G--------------H--------------T, now get the hell out of my room!:eek:":D

Ha Ha!! LOL!!!!:D

Still laughing!

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja

Your Phil 3 review HAS to include kareoke!!!!!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Your Phil 3 review HAS to include kareoke!!!!!
R-------------------I-----------------------G----------------------------H-------------------------T.:D

I doubt if the warranty covers karaoke. :eek:

I think Dennis Murphy is rolling his eyes like this right now:rolleyes::D

R

Ricardojoa

Audioholic
R-------------------I-----------------------G----------------------------H-------------------------T.:D

Life concert at home without any fans! :p :D

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic

ADTG has had I think every speaker out there.. well almost, even the DT BP7XXXSC's and their little brother 7001! :D

He buys speakers faster than I can change my Levi's.

DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
Yes we do :D

I wonder how banjo music will sound with the Phil's
I wonder if the DT BP7001SC's will keep up with that fast picking Banjo, like the Phil 3's? :D

But I would not even come close to Roberts review of the Phil 2's, for any speaker, I guess I just want to cut through the chase and get the sound we want, or wanted as the case may be. Heck, if they last a few yrs. by then DM will have out his Phil 5's, and then we will upgrade.

Last edited:
DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic

Maybe soon an Avatar change is required ADTG, as I tried that folded ribbon in the Golden Ear TT's (plastic ribbon) and it to us did not sound good at all -- but I bet the RAAL would just put it to shame!! :D

ADTG -- Noticed woodsart has a speaker in his Avatar -- but I will let you be even more creative, have free will at it -- Dual D'Appolito Arrays maybe or ? ;)

ADTG - is PhotoShop online still?

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe soon an Avatar change is required ADTG, as I tried that folded ribbon in the Golden Ear TT's (plastic ribbon) and it to us did not sound good at all -- but I bet the RAAL would just put it to shame!! :D

ADTG -- Noticed woodsart has a speaker in his Avatar -- but I will let you be even more creative, have free will at it -- Dual D'Appolito Arrays maybe or ? ;)

I don't use the online Photoshop. :D

I notice there is always that "D" in your name. Like Dennis Denon Definitive?:D

Maybe just DD, which could stand for Dare Devil/ Definitive Dennis.:D

woodsart

woodsart

Audioholic

Ha Ha!!! Dennis....exactly how long at you two been at it?:D

And, please don't bring my speakers into it and I mean after all they are Dennis' creation!!!!!:(

But....I will put them up to anything you guys have!!!:D

ooops where's Dennis, has he left for G......... yet?

I used a camera program on my iphone....:p......and....wwwwwooooooddddssssaaart!l doesn't my user name mean anything. I would have to be creative???:cool:

Last edited:
psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I know you're joking, but I wonder how versatile these speakers are? Can they keep up with my musical tastes. I can go from Muddy Waters to Metalica. You know Abba to Zevon. Motown to Mozart, all within a few hours. Did Dennis build these speakers with a specific type of music in mind?

I can feel ADTGuy's slap on the back of my head for asking this, but, do all versions of the Phil's have matching centers?

woodsart

woodsart

Audioholic
An earlier post from DM.....

"Hi The 2's should play as loudly and cleanly as the 3's if crossed to a sub, although the Scan woofer in the 3's might do a little better than the SB Acoustics woof in the 2's if the crossover point is 40 Hz. At 60 Hz I don't think there would be any difference. I do have plans for a center channel, but it uses the Fountek, not the RAAL. In order to make the minimum order for the cabinets, I need to share the design with someone who will market them in Taiwan, and the Asian-built Fountek makes much more sense there. I also have a monitor with the Fountek that could be used as a center if your setup allows a vertically mounted cabinet. For a center, I'm not sure you would hear the difference between the RAAL and the Fountek, and the voicing is the same as the Philharmonic TL's."end quote!

My tastes vary as I listen to just about anything. As soon as I find an artist I like I research, find and play.

The monitors I now have are DMs and they do a great job of all types of music!

And, of course these are fullrange speakers, i believe.......the definition......A full-range loudspeaker drive unit is defined as a driver which reproduces as much of the audible frequency range as possible, within the limitations imposed by the physical constraints of a specific design.

Last edited:
N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
I know you're joking, but I wonder how versatile these speakers are? Can they keep up with my musical tastes. I can go from Muddy Waters to Metalica. You know Abba to Zevon. Motown to Mozart, all within a few hours. Did Dennis build these speakers with a specific type of music in mind?

I can feel ADTGuy's slap on the back of my head for asking this, but, do all versions of the Phil's have matching centers?
That sounds like the same stuff I listen to. Considering Dennis designed the crossovers for the Salk speakers I have, I'd say yes, they'll keep up just fine (I have the SongTower's which use much smaller woofers).

They don't all have matching centers yet, but he'll make them for you if requested. I know he's working on a center for the Fountek tweeter right now.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpp View Post

I know you're joking,
Nope not joking at all. I happen to enjoy Irish and Celtic and bluegrass music.

Last edited:
DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
I don't use the online Photoshop. :D

I notice there is always that "D" in your name. Like Dennis Denon Definitive?:D

Maybe just DD, which could stand for Dare Devil/ Definitive Dennis.:D
I see, Nuance might agree w/ you... Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest -- Interesting... we have it in the "D"'s... great one, right on.

It might be "D^3" you will have to use the SuperScript function! :eek: Other half said, ADD one more "D" so it is D^4.

and make sure you put the 4 in BOLD for a serious STATEMENT! :)

Last edited:
DenPureSound

DenPureSound

Senior Audioholic
Ha Ha!!! Dennis....exactly how long at you two been at it?:D

And, please don't bring my speakers into it and I mean after all they are Dennis' creation!!!!!:(

But....I will put them up to anything you guys have!!!:D

ooops where's Dennis, has he left for G......... yet?
OK, bring it on... we are up to it, but let me get the 120# boxes into place first, then they will be first (Laughing). :D

That is assuming I don't break my Back first!

Way to many Dennis', and/or "D"'s here. Denon, Dennis, Definitive, Dogs... (I pray they are not Dogs! Should I believe in ADTG, Ugh!)

Geez, I hope your SPL meter will come up to mine ... does yours go to 115dB ... hahahaha... maybe yours only goes to 100dB [kidding ya] :eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis