Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I'd rather drive something cheaper than finance. Not big on payments except for maybe a house mortage or business loan...
I hate debt and avoid it at all costs.
I'm right there with you guys.

On a different note, the plug-in transformer for my new Move quad charger buzzes loudly. The other transformer that I had that did that failed pretty fast. I see that Amazon now has that charger for less than I paid for it. A return might be in my future (although I did e-mail the company to give them a chance to send me a new power cord).

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
:D With the Fusion, though, I paid up front for a maintenance package - in part to make sure that I followed the schedule! :)
I looked into that with the '08 Malibu and figured out that I it was more money than I thought I wanted to pay for an oil change using conventional oil in intervals that I thought were too far apart especially in the early stages of a motor's life. Besides that I don't like going to dealerships. I usually get the feeling that to them I'm a chump. I can get that from people I'm not paying. :rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I looked into that with the '08 Malibu and figured out that I it was more money than I thought I wanted to pay for an oil change using conventional oil in intervals that I thought were too far apart especially in the early stages of a motor's life. Besides that I don't like going to dealerships. I usually get the feeling that to them I'm a chump. I can get that from people I'm not paying. :rolleyes:
Fair enough. I go to the dealer for maintenance because, well, I am a chump. :) Besides, with it being a hybrid, I figure that it's a good idea to have the dealership do the maintenance, at least for now. Plus, they'll replace my windshield wipers for FREE. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Fair enough. I go to the dealer for maintenance because, well, I am a chump. :) Besides, with it being a hybrid, I figure that it's a good idea to have the dealership do the maintenance, at least for now. Plus, they'll replace my windshield wipers for FREE. :D
Blues Brothers on Blu-ray just came in.
I bet you're wondering why I quoted your post.
I was kind of wondering that myself. :confused:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Blues Brothers on Blu-ray just came in.
I bet you're wondering why I quoted your post.
I was kind of wondering that myself. :confused:
My Shun knife just shipped from Amazon.

I sense a new and short-lived trend of random quoting.

majorloser

majorloser

I paid for 6 years of oil changes and lube up front on my Dodge truck. I get 4 changes a year for 6 years. It works out to be about $25 per oil change. My truck takes 12 quarts of oil. I couldn't buy the oil alone for that price, much less add a Mopar filter and get a 4-wheel drive lube job.

I'm getting my oil changed today. :cool:

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
I hate debt and avoid it at all costs.
Yeah, to me it's just not worth the pressure.

Like for a home I'd have to mortgage reasonably since the rates are pretty decent now and there are some advantages due to the stimulus legislation for first time home buyers (I rent now and have never owned). Plus, a home has equity, hehe, which a car/boat/airplane/other-crap-people-finance doesn't.

If I ever had a larger business I could see myself having a line of credit or something for cashflow purposes, but, that's about it.

A lot of people though have no concerns with debt, it just scares me.

You notice what they are putting on credit card statements now? They must have passed some legislation that makes them say stuff like 'If you make the minimum payment it will take you X amount of years and cost you X dollars to pay this bill off." I think my AMEX if I didnt pay it off each month is like 22% interest lol, that's insane. I can't believe people rack up credit cards, it would be impossible to get yourself out of that debt!

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
No kidding! With the DMP-BD60 being only $20-$30 more, I wasn't sure if that was a great deal. The fact that good blu-ray players are now that cheap, though, is excellent!
Its nice here today... I'd love to sneak away for a few minutes to the driving range. I'm beginning to think that too much work is counterproductive. I can't see the forest.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, to me it's just not worth the pressure.

Like for a home I'd have to mortgage reasonably since the rates are pretty decent now and there are some advantages due to the stimulus legislation for first time home buyers (I rent now and have never owned). Plus, a home has equity, hehe, which a car/boat/airplane/other-crap-people-finance doesn't.

If I ever had a larger business I could see myself having a line of credit or something for cashflow purposes, but, that's about it.

A lot of people though have no concerns with debt, it just scares me.

You notice what they are putting on credit card statements now? They must have passed some legislation that makes them say stuff like 'If you make the minimum payment it will take you X amount of years and cost you X dollars to pay this bill off." I think my AMEX if I didnt pay it off each month is like 22% interest lol, that's insane. I can't believe people rack up credit cards, it would be impossible to get yourself out of that debt!
I financed my car at 1.9% and left the money in an annuity collecting 7%. I'll take that deal any time.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I paid for 6 years of oil changes and lube up front on my Dodge truck. I get 4 changes a year for 6 years. It works out to be about $25 per oil change. My truck takes 12 quarts of oil. I couldn't buy the oil alone for that price, much less add a Mopar filter and get a 4-wheel drive lube job.

I'm getting my oil changed today. :cool:
That is a great deal.

I put Harald on ignore and all the other posts went to normal size for on the page.
It works like a charm.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
That is a great deal.

I put Harald on ignore and all the other posts went to normal size for on the page.
It works like a charm.
Quick. Everyone toss in a few posts so we can make it to the next page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis