Some new GIK panels and Tri-traps

R

robc1976

Audioholic
I am starting to replace this awful foam and decided to take some pics!

Here is the foam I had with all reflection points "Left side MLP"

GIK suggested 3 panels on this side and the farthest panel is not touching the "tri-trap" although it looks like it LOL!!

Here is the foam I had with all reflection points "right side MLP"

GIK suggested 3 panels on this side also.

Here is the Tr-trap in the corner, I have 2 tops coming also that will stack on these full size ones and will extend it to the top.

Here is the foam I have on the ceiling with reflection points (all 3 seats) and I have 6 242 panels on the way to put in place of the foam.

So far the bass has improved dramitaclly and the detail has also increased dramitacly over the foam.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Very cool! Thanks for taking the time to post so much detail about the transformation!

gtpsuper24

gtpsuper24

Full Audioholic
Do you noticed a difference between the Auralex Lenrds and the Gik Tri Traps?

I did my own superchunk style corner traps, but though about the lenrds for wall to ceiling junction to tame some upper bass.

baniels

baniels

Audioholic
God it would be nice to have such a large space to let this hobby spread out like that.

R

robc1976

Audioholic
Do you noticed a difference between the Auralex Lenrds and the Gik Tri Traps?

I did my own superchunk style corner traps, but though about the lenrds for wall to ceiling junction to tame some upper bass.
I am not just saying this but the bass is literallly totally different...bass is a LOT tighter, hits WAY harder and you will hear bass in movies that you didn't before and I only have 1/2 of each corner done...I have the tops comming in on tuesday and 12 panels coming in on monday for ceiling and front. But trust me the TR-Traps are WELL worth the $$$. I have been told from VERY experienced people that the foam actually absorbs the bass you want to hear and does nothing for the low end whatsover. If you do go with foam go with the "Mega lenrds".

R

robc1976

Audioholic
Very cool! Thanks for taking the time to post so much detail about the transformation!
Not a problem at all...I just hope some see this and do not get the foam...I mean the foam honestly doesn't do much. I am not saying it didn't do anything but not worth the money. Plus therese GIK panels have a air gap with 703 in them wich is FAR superior to foam. I have a lot more updates I will be adding to the thread also.;)

R

robc1976

Audioholic
Got my 6 242 GIK panels today and mounted them on the drop ceiling (that was NOT fun!!) and thought I would post some before and after pics....I havent ran Audyssey on it yet but the sound is a lot more crisp and smooth sounding. 9.1 has a lot of reflection points LOL!!

Here is the foam before:

Here are the new panels:

gtpsuper24

gtpsuper24

Full Audioholic
Looks great! Makes me want to get out REW and start measuring again and see what else I can do :cool:

Took your advice and think I will just skip those foam traps. Might just DIY like I did for my front corners, instead of those foam. Looking for an easy way out instead of cutting all that fiberglass.

R

robc1976

Audioholic
Looks great! Makes me want to get out REW and start measuring again and see what else I can do :cool:

Took your advice and think I will just skip those foam traps. Might just DIY like I did for my front corners, instead of those foam. Looking for an easy way out instead of cutting all that fiberglass.
GIK can make you any size "tritrap" you want...just got my custom sizes in today...will post pic in a few!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Love seeing these tri traps. Can't wait til I can build my house. I'm thinking secret theater room with hidden entrance, like pull a book to open or something. Thanks for the ideas and the envy!

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
WICKED room.

Pity it's wasted on klipsch speakers.. I'd get some JTRs in there :p :p

R

robc1976

Audioholic
LOL!!! my buddy actually has some JTRs...loud but not very clear...but good speakers for music!
I thought you meant JBL LOL!!....yeah JTR are awesome but If I upgrade to another brand I am going with Triad platinums!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
what no art on the panels? I see just plain color. :mad: :p

I'm against treating first reflection points, but it is better to use high density fiber(gik uses that) than foam for sure. Make sure you replace that foam behind you too. I'm sure Glen has already told you that. ;)

R

robc1976

Audioholic
what no art on the panels? I see just plain color. :mad: :p

I'm against treating first reflection points, but it is better to use high density fiber(gik uses that) than foam for sure. Make sure you replace that foam behind you too. I'm sure Glen has already told you that. ;)
I agree....these are old pics...no foam in my room lol! I just put up so monster traps and filedon the back wall and have 6 QRD diffusor's on the way.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis