Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just finished with my termite inspection. My warranty ended in March, but I (par for the course) forgot to renew it. On Monday morning, I saw a tunnel around the back of the house. Called the company, they came out to inspect, didn't see anything except that spot, renewed my warranty, and set up an appointment to have someone come out and treat that area.

Real nice company, but they aren't fools - the renewal cost was for a whole year, but it's only good until my original expiration in March. Fine by me. I should have renewed it back then.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
AH translation of last night's events: "Hey, Rick - if you let me have your sandals, you can show me if that's a pitcher's hat that you're wearing."

:p :D
It's like you were there, a fly on the wall.:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Teva makes the most comfortable things I've ever put on my feet.
These are what I've been wearing since the late 1980's. http://www.amazon.com/Teva-Mens-Terra-FI-Sandal/dp/B0055MI8K2/ref=pd_sbs_shoe_1
We've walked around EPCOT all day (12 to 14 hours) feet will never know it.
Used to think my Wolverine boots were comfortable, they're nothing like Teva sandals.
I remember you mentioning that those were super comfortable. I just thought that nature had made you give up on the Jesus hair cut but you weren't giving up the Jerusalem footwear. I now see my mistake. These are not regular sandals at all. I stumbled upon them in the clearance rack of a Bob's Store.

I've moved onto Red Wing for my work shoes. The sizing on my last pair of Wolverines wasn't to my liking. I think loosing about 30 pounds might make my feets happy as freakin' clams.

Work is wearing me out ... and it's nasty to boot. I so should have gone to school. :rolleyes:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If it's any consolation, six years of college kicked my a**...and work still wears me out.
6 years? Ughhhh ...

For me the ninth grade was the best 3 years of my life. :D

Saturdays are beautiful. I slept in til 5:30 and am now fixin' to get me a cup of freshly ground Organic Italian Roast coffee. There are steaks in the fridge that I'm probably gonna have with farm fresh eggs before too long and that's gonna lead to my first nap of the day. Hey ... don't judge me. :rolleyes: :p

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
6 years? Ughhhh ...

For me the ninth grade was the best 3 years of my life. :D

Saturdays are beautiful. I slept in til 5:30 and am now fixin' to get me a cup of freshly ground Organic Italian Roast coffee. There are steaks in the fridge that I'm probably gonna have with farm fresh eggs before too long and that's gonna lead to my first nap of the day. Hey ... don't judge me. :rolleyes: :p
How's work going? Do you have a long term gig or are you doing small jobs?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
How's work going? Do you have a long term gig or are you doing small jobs?
There aren't any big construction projects going on in Boston at the moment. There are some on the horizon and if I got on one of them it could be a job that lasts for a year or maybe even two but that's down the road a ways.

The last job the hall sent me to lasted about a couple of weeks, maybe three like many of the jobs I have been sent to in the last couple of years. However after the last job a small company that I worked for (for three weeks) last year called me directly and said they had 2 or 3 months worth of work lined up. Oddly enough right after that the hall called to send me to a month long gig for a really big drywall outfit. The hall didn't know I was already working. So that's a good sign. Work is popping up here and there. Being called on by the hall is a rare honor in these times but working for a big drywall company is pretty brutal. It means competing with guys who have been doing drywall steady for years. They're tough tough to keep up with. Working for a smaller outfit is easier because the skill set of the competition is more varied so they are not as proficient at at any one phase of the scope of work and they are never organized well enough to keep you on task for the course of the work day. As it is I easily end up handling enough material to equal a Lincoln Navigator in 75 pound increments ... that's what the steak and eggs are for, well for that and I'm am trying to stay in shape ... round is a shape.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Good to hear that work has been pretty steady for you lately, Alex. Well, assuming that's what you want. :D With your intelligence, wit, and skill with tools, I bet that there are a lot of opportunities out there for you - construction being just one of them.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I keep my eyes closed.
With the blind fold there will be no peaking.
Your escape from the box has left me with some
trust issues that I'm working out in 'group'. :D

With your intelligence, wit, and skill with tools, I bet that there are a lot of opportunities out there for you ...
That's the stuff you need to be sayin' to some girl at the dog park ... not to some construction rat masquerading as a monkey on an audio forum. That sentence needs to be yelled in Lewis Black fashion. :)

Editting just to edit:

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
With the blind fold there will be no peaking.
Your escape from the box has left me with some
trust issues that I'm working out in 'group'. :D
Sorry for the mental trauma that I might have caused. Me just leaving was the nicest option that I could think of. The other was this:

:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Okay, I just had to post this. It was the "Up Next" video after the Pulp Fiction clip on YouTube. I couldn't stop laughing from both the unusual association of the videos and the video itself. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
A new Burn Notice is on Hulu today - I know what I'll be watching later.

And a new Suits, too. Sweet. The afternoon is filling up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis