Any knife nuts here?

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
So I know there are several folks on the board who are into guns, but what about knives? I just recently went on another knife kick and ordered myself three brand new knives. I got a Kershaw Leek, Kershaw Speed Bump, and a SOG Aegis. I normally carry Spyderco knives, but decided I wanted something different, and got some knives with auto assist opening, and so far I'm digging it.

So what does everyone else here carry, what is your favorite edc knife? I'd say my favorite is my Endura 4 with the black combo edge blade.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
That title mad me flinch a little...never put the words "nuts" and "knife" in the same sentence...

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
didn't really think about that... any knife enthusiasts here?

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
My everyday carry is a Kershaw Onion Blur with a smooth blade and I love it. It's the fastest assisted opening knife that I've ever owned. My dress clothes knife is a Kershaw Scallion with a Damascus steel blade. But being a knife nut I just had to buy a Ka-Bar Becker BK9 Combat Bowie for my bug out bag. Huge but surprisingly light and sharp enough to shave with. The perfect survival knife. Note the sheath in the Amazon photo is incorrect - it's nylon not kydex.

Last edited:
C

chas_w

Full Audioholic
I'm not a knife-nut but can appreciate a nice knife. My favorite edc is an old Spyderco Merlin.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
My everyday carry is a Kershaw Onion Blur with a smooth blade and I love it. It's the fastest assisted opening knife that I've ever owned. My dress clothes knife is a Kershaw Scallion with a Damascus steel blade. But being a knife nut I just had to buy a Ka-Bar Becker BK9 Combat Bowie for my bug out bag. Huge but surprisingly light and sharp enough to shave with. The perfect survival knife. Note the sheath in the Amazon photo is incorrect - it's nylon not kydex.
My buddy has a couple of Blurs, and I like them, that is most likely going to be my next knife purchase, but I don't know if I should spend the extra money for the model with the S30V blade steel, or just stick with the black blade. But I do like the little Kershaw Leek I just got, but the blade is so thin at the tip, I'm scared I may snap it off.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
I'm a knife nut...

I have a 7" custom one off knife that a friend made for me, and a nice little Gerber Profile that I use around camp for little stuff.

I would love to get my hands on a Hoods Woods ATAX and his new "Hood Hunter"

Matt34

Matt34

I carry a leatherman skeletool cx with me. I have damaged too many pocket knives by using them for something other than cutting. I do have around 20 different knives from over the years.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I carry a leatherman skeletool cx with me. I have damaged too many pocket knives by using them for something other than cutting. I do have around 20 different knives from over the years.
I ended up with a Made in USA Schrade Tough ST1 multi tool talked about here. The thing is great and I never knew anything about it until just now. Turns out they started making cheaper ones in China later on.

I really like knives but about the only one I ever had that I thought was cool was a Buck 119. I got arrested on account of that once and went through the trouble of getting it back from 'The Man' only to have it stolen from a vehicle while buying gas in crack town. :(

... the crack was pretty good though. :eek: :D

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I keep a buck knife just like that in my car... hopefully it won't get stolen, and hopefully I never have to use it...

Here are a couple quick pics I snapped of my new SOG Aegis that just came in today. It's really light, 3.1 oz. and super sharp, has a AUS-8 full flat grind blade, the lockup is pretty good on it, but the pocket clip is super tight, gonna have to loosen it up a tad. Overall I like it a lot, got it for $60 on ebay, so not a bad price at all. The auto assit open on it is reall quick, but overall I think I still prefer my Spyderco Endura.

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I really like knives but about the only one I ever had that I thought was cool was a Buck 119. I got arrested on account of that once and went through the trouble of getting it back from 'The Man' only to have it stolen from a vehicle while buying gas in crack town. :(

... the crack was pretty good though. :eek: :D

I figured this was more your speed...

:D:p

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I not nuts on pocket or hunting knifes, but kitchen knifes is a different story.
I'd love to have full wustoff set, but for I get by with higher end ikea blades.
Btw http://www.bladeforums.com is huge forums for knife enthusiasts.
By best investment so far is dmt deluxe kit

Matt34

Matt34

I not nuts on pocket or hunting knifes, but kitchen knifes is a different story.
I'd love to have full wustoff set, but for I get by with higher end ikea blades.
Btw http://www.bladeforums.com is huge forums for knife enthusiasts.
By best investment so far is dmt deluxe kit
I got my wife a Wustoff set a few x-mas's ago, still going strong and she uses them just about every day.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I figured this was more your speed...

:D:p
Man, you're funny. :rolleyes:

:p :D

Actually that is funny. I don't want you to think you've hurt my feelings.

A few years back I got the girl a set of middle of the road Hinkels because I like knives. I like good cutlery too but haven't quite gotten to the point of owning a nice cake slicer.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Man, you're funny. :rolleyes:

:p :D

Actually that is funny. I don't want you to think you've hurt my feelings.

A few years back I got the girl a set of middle of the road Hinkels because I like knives. I like good cutlery too but haven't quite gotten to the point of owning a nice cake slicer.
You have feelings?:eek::p Just kidding!!!:D

I just couldn't resist with your reputation for having a sweet tooth.:)

I like a good pocket knife but I just don't carry them. We buy ok lower end stuff at work for customer gifts at the holidays so I have quite a few of those I can use as "disposables".:)

I would like a better set of kitchen knives but that's so far down the list of things...like a new kitchen.:)

I always wanted a good machete...

for hiking of course.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Do swords count? They're just big knives right? :D

My cutter is a Hanwei Tsunami.

The custom blade that I use for kata is a Cheness blade that I basically stripped down to the bare blade and rebuilt.

The sword with the purple Ito on top is the Cheness blade and the one on the bottom with the black Ito is the Tsunami.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis