Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
$10 says that Grand Prix hit the light pole right after that picture was taken.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Dave, I just got through tracking down my BIA SACD to listen to Track 3 in Mantown and I could see what you mean about the detail of the acoustic guitar that was missing on the BeoLab 5. It's right at the beginning of the tune. Obviously when Time Magazine awarded them the Product of the Year Award they had not heard of the Dayton BR-1's coupled with a $36 fleabay sub driven by an antiquated H/K rec'r and used $50 Denon DVD 2200. I think my system may sound better than one costing roughly 112.5 times more ... and I included the cost of wires and installation. Can they match that? :cool:

Okay ... their display does smoke mine. :rolleyes:

Note: We stopped at a Bang & Olufsen where the sales dude was nice
enough to demo a $45,000 set up for us. They had BIA on their server.

Oh yeah, their speakers have some sort of Adaptive Bass Control (ABC)
which might account for the different sound signature of different tracks.
Yeah, as much as I like the style and technical features of B&O's equipment, I would not be happy with the music reproduction of the set we heard. There! I just saved myself $23,000.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
$10 says that Grand Prix hit the light pole right after that picture was taken.
If she wants a ride in the direction she's thumbing, she's on the wrong side of the road. If I was the Grand Prix driver, I'd turn around for her though...:D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Dave, I just got through tracking down my BIA SACD to listen to Track 3 in Mantown and I could see what you mean about the detail of the acoustic guitar that was missing on the BeoLab 5. It's right at the beginning of the tune. Obviously when Time Magazine awarded them the Product of the Year Award they had not heard of the Dayton BR-1's coupled with a $36 fleabay sub driven by an antiquated H/K rec'r and used $50 Denon DVD 2200. I think my system may sound better than one costing roughly 112.5 times more ... and I included the cost of wires and installation. Can they match that? :cool:

Okay ... their display does smoke mine. :rolleyes:

Note: We stopped at a Bang & Olufsen where the sales dude was nice
enough to demo a $45,000 set up for us. They had BIA on their server.

Oh yeah, their speakers have some sort of Adaptive Bass Control (ABC)
which might account for the different sound signature of different tracks.
Yeah, as much as I like the style and technical features of B&O's equipment, I would not be happy with the music reproduction of the set we heard. There! I just saved myself $23,000.
Was it a lossless file?

I was auditioning a pair of Focal Chorus 826 V's and every thing on there server sounded grainy for lack of a better word. For some reason the files were a lossy format!:confused::confused::confused:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I know where Rick will be on Saturday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I know where Rick will be on Saturday!

At a dollar a pair, I doubt they have the critical arch support needed for competitive Twister.:rolleyes:
Really Doug.....what were you thinking?:confused::D

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I've decided to put off learning guitar until after my bike racing season is over in mid-January. There's not enough time in the day to be decent at both.

Maybe I can compose a song for your Twister "competitions".

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I've decided to put off learning guitar until after my bike racing season is over in mid-January. There's not enough time in the day to be decent at both.

Maybe I can compose a song for your Twister "competitions".
"Your":D

Can't wait!:eek::p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So Davemcc has left the building. If anybody else ever gets a chance to meet
him and his wife I think they should ... and if anybody else wants to swing by
here from another country with chocolate ... buh-ring it! :)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Alex has been a gracious host. To that end, he did leave the duct tape a little loose so I could get out early and be back on the road early tomorrow morning.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Was it a lossless file?
The two dumbest guys on this site get together and you think either of us thought to ask a technical question like that?:D

I was just happy to get out the rain and look at some expensive gear.:p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I was just happy to get out the rain and look at some expensive gear.:p
Their server had BR quality movies so I assume they had the BR audio codecs. Ifsofacto there would be no reason for them to have their music stored in a lossy format ... especially when they are selling equipment costing as much as theirs does.

Despite the lack of resolution with the acoustic guitar, the bass and overall volume was very impressive. The speakers didn't flinch when cranked way too loud for that space so they do having something going for them.

I'm sorry I didn't figure out to use the 'Johnny Depp in a Speedo' line earlier.
I would have liked a chance to wear that one out.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Their server had BR quality movies so I assume they had the BR audio codecs. Ifsofacto there would be no reason for them to have their music stored in a lossy format ... especially when they are selling equipment costing as much as theirs does.

Despite the lack of resolution with the acoustic guitar, the bass and overall volume was very impressive. The speakers didn't flinch when cranked way too loud for that space so they do having something going for them.

I'm sorry I didn't figure out to use the 'Johnny Depp in a Speedo' line earlier.
I would have liked a chance to wear that one out.
I would have thought so too, but the ding dongs at the store I was at did it so...:confused:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
the ding dongs at the store I was at did it so...:confused:
Was that a B&O store? What was it you listened to?

I'm sure that B&O's sales would be minimally affected by the resolution of their music. I mean what do you think the chances are of them having a real potential customer knowing a piece of music so well that they are actually able to perform an accurate analysis of their gear based on it being played? I know 'we' listen to music like that but I don't know anybody else who does and I don't know anybody who can afford that stuff so I think the chances of finding a potential buyer who does listen like that diminish exponentially ... I use the term loosely as I am not a mathematician so don't ask me to help you with your homework.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Was that a B&O store? What was it you listened to?

I'm sure that B&O's sales would be minimally affected by the resolution of their music. I mean what do you think the chances are of them having a real potential customer knowing a piece of music so well that they are actually able to perform an accurate analysis of their gear based on it being played? I know 'we' listen to music like that but I don't know anybody else who does and I don't know anybody who can afford that stuff so I think the chances of finding a potential buyer who does listen like that diminish exponentially ... I use the term loosely as I am not a mathematician so don't ask me to help you with your homework.
It was a Tweeter store. Various songs. The server was a store wide computer driven something or other and I think it was 256mbps MP3's. It's been like 4 years so I'm sketchy on he details.

I just brought it up because it still strikes me as odd that they would do that but you're right. Very few people would notice the difference...I'm not sure how I did!:eek::confused::D

majorloser

majorloser

Double secret probation edition!:cool:
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/u48PvBTl3u8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/u48PvBTl3u8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/3AohA367VVk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/3AohA367VVk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/6PYb_anBMus?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/6PYb_anBMus?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis