strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've been busy today: 4 posts or something like that. :eek:

EDIT: I guess this makes it 5.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I've obviously just crawled out from under my rock.
When was the "Lifestyles and Portables" forum added?

I clicked on it expecting to find Alex and Rick hanging out, only to find it's about Ipods and stuff. :p Things that make ya go Hmmm.;)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
When was the "Lifestyles and Portables" forum added?

I clicked on it expecting to find Alex and Rick hanging out ...
For that you have to click on the Members Only forum. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Men's Wearhouse is having a sale. I'm probably going to buy some shirts.

Did I win the boring thread?

Last edited:
Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
With wife and daughter out of the house it gives me a chance to sit down and really listen to my tunes.......as loud as possible.:D

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Raining again, cold with an incoming Noreaster about to drench the Jersey Shore even more, good day to watch the HT however I have no choice but to slip on the Grundens, :(.
Be back after a good soaking.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd look up Grunden but I've got a big day planned and it starts with getting away from the computer.

... hold my calls. :D

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Self-Doubting Monkeys

From the Freakonomics website we have the following.

There’s been a lot written on this blog about the amazing things monkeys can do. Here’s more evidence that monkeys can be rational actors just like us: a new study reports that monkeys can feel self-doubt and uncertainty, and then make a rational decision based on that information. The study first trained the monkeys to play a video game with a joystick. The reward-based game had three choices: a correct answer (which rendered a treat), an incorrect answer (which gave a pause in the game), or “I’m not sure” (no effect). Scientists found that monkeys chose to pass when they found the question too tricky. John David Smith tells the BBC: “Monkeys apparently appreciate when they are likely to make an error…they seem to know when they don’t know.”

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
From the Freakonomics website we have the following.
There’s been a lot written on this blog about the amazing things monkeys can do. Here’s more evidence that monkeys can be rational actors just like us: a new study reports that monkeys can feel self-doubt and uncertainty, and then make a rational decision based on that information. The study first trained the monkeys to play a video game with a joystick. The reward-based game had three choices: a correct answer (which rendered a treat), an incorrect answer (which gave a pause in the game), or “I’m not sure” (no effect). Scientists found that monkeys chose to pass when they found the question too tricky. John David Smith tells the BBC: “Monkeys apparently appreciate when they are likely to make an error…they seem to know when they don’t know.
Donald Rumsfeld was one of the study participants?:D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I have become a mod on a another no-audio site. How messed up is that?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I have become a mod on a another no-audio site. How messed up is that?
Politics or watches ... probably watches.

I drove the fofo home after changing the water pump and timing belt.

lsiberian, the regular 2.0L Zetec is not an interference motor as is the SVT Zetec. I didn't have to change the belt in order to not risk blowing the engine.

Anyway I also flushed brake fluid through the calipers and wheel cylinders, rotated the tires torqued the wheel nuts down to 63 ft/lbs like the book says. It changed the way it behaves on the highway ... well at least near as I could tell driving through slush.

These cars are like Bic lighters but I keep replacing the flint and adding lighter fluid. I wonder how many miles I can get out of it.

Changing out the caved in hose that connects the PVC valve to the manifold might be responsible for a smoother idle and I'm hoping for an improvement in fuel economy. No matter what it will be an improvement over my truck's 17 MPG.

I used a small bead of high temp sensor safe silicone on my valve cover and thermostat housing gaskets. Those leaks just kept reappearing but that should be over now.

Replacing a rotted out bracket that straps the middle of the cat to the block might be responsible for further smoothing the idle out. I threw in a new fuel filter too and let me tell ya, none of it was easy. It's pretty amazing the way a car held together by plastic clips falls apart an inch at a time but I had nothing better to do with this part of my life anyway ... oh, wait ... I have an audio hobby. :rolleyes:

Matt34

Matt34

I just conducted a few speedtests on my internet speed compared to others in my building and confirmed that there is something seriously wrong with my connection.

My download speed average: .51 mbps
Others in the building average: 10.59 mbps

I'm glad I'm paying $60/month for this.:rolleyes:

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I just conducted a few speedtests on my internet speed compared to others in my building and confirmed that there is something seriously wrong with my connection.

My download speed average: .51 mbps
Others in the building average: 10.59 mbps

I'm glad I'm paying $60/month for this.:rolleyes:
I see that your downloading at smoke signal speed.:eek::D Seriously though have you been able to get answer as to why it's that bad.

Matt34

Matt34

I see that your downloading at smoke signal speed.:eek::D Seriously though have you been able to get answer as to why it's that bad.
I have a tech from LG coming out tomorrow to take a look.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis