ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Rode the Yeti for the first time yesterday. All I can say is wow. Not sure how much was psychological but I flew up a couple of climbs that I have never made before.

I named it Cornelius(miner on rudolph the rednose reindeer) to stay with the Abominable Snowman theme...

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
Nice. I just wish I could afford bikes like that. I guess I will keep riding the Trek 6500 disc HT and pounding it harder and harder to keep up.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Rode the Yeti for the first time yesterday. All I can say is wow. Not sure how much was psychological but I flew up a couple of climbs that I have never made before.

I named it Cornelius(miner on rudolph the rednose reindeer) to stay with the Abominable Snowman theme...
Light makes a big difference. I have a steel framed Trek and it is fine. My Santa Moda (I told you it was old school) is all aluminum and it weighs less than half and I can haul a$$ a lot more on the Moda, especially when climbing. It was POURING here this weekend so I didn't even bring the bike out.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Nice. I just wish I could afford bikes like that. .
I wish I could too...:eek:

What the heck...you only live once...right?

You also know that the Dawg doesn't pay sticker price for anything. I got a really good deal on the bike.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Light makes a big difference. I have a steel framed Trek and it is fine. My Santa Moda (I told you it was old school) is all aluminum and it weighs less than half and I can haul a$$ a lot more on the Moda, especially when climbing. It was POURING here this weekend so I didn't even bring the bike out.
Yep weight makes a difference.

Yesterday my wife and I was doing a 10 mile, easy, recovery ride. A couple of guys passed us at a good clip and I told her that Cornelius didn't like getting past by other bikes. She said "go get them" so I jumped it up and caught them in about 1/2 mile.

I stayed on them for about another 1/2 mile waiting for a time to pass as it was some twisty singletrack with a lot of trees. They kept picking up the pace but I got them at the first open spot and then really poured it on for the next mile or so until there was no sign of them. I did hear one of them slide out and crash.

I knew I was flying but was schocked when I got home and downloaded my computer. Max speed was 21.4 mph which I would of never guessed I could have done on that trail. I bet we held speeds of 15-16 the whole time the chase was on.

I was really more proud of my wife yesterday, she decided she wanted to go clipless and yesterday was her first time. She did great and loved it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
When my g/f and I rode, average was pretty low, but with my friends we normally run a 15-17mph average. I haven't been up to the single tracks around here in a while, and they are pretty dangerous this time of year here anyway.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
When my g/f and I rode, average was pretty low, but with my friends we normally run a 15-17mph average. I haven't been up to the single tracks around here in a while, and they are pretty dangerous this time of year here anyway.
Our average speed at the 2 tracks we most frequent are ~7mph, that's me and my riding buddy. You are going 2mph a lot.

The wife and I average ~8 on "her" trail but that's a lot different.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord

I haven't weighted it, but it think it's under 20lbs.

SheepStar

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
LOL, Hydraulic-rim brakes?

Yeah sure that was the shiz back when three inches of travel was an insane downhill bike...

Times have changed and ParadigmDawg is right...
Except try using a disk brake in the rear on a trials bike. You'll get sick of the snapped rotors. There is a reason these are still used. Nice try though!

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
On your car?

and what's up with the platform pedals...are we gonna go do some "sweet jumps"? :D
No, on my bike. I guess you guys don't know... I've bent rims with these brakes before. They also lock up harder then any other brakes I've used.

Platform/BMX/dirtjump/anyonethatdoesn'tneedclips pedals.

Keep it coming.

SheepStar
EDIT: Only a sucker pays $400 for car brakes.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
No, on my bike. I guess you guys don't know... I've bent rims with these brakes before. They also lock up harder then any other brakes I've used.
Why would you want to bend your rims?

I use clipless pedals, so therefor so should everyone else!

Keep it coming.
okay.

Only a sucker pays $400 for car brakes
What about those of us who choose to drive a finer class of automobile than a Honda Civic? :)

EDIT: I didn't mean to put down Civics. They get good gas mileage and have low emissions, that saves turtles, and turtles are man's best friend.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Why would you want to bend your rims?
You don't want to, but it's the result of having these brakes, and when you are on your back tire, full power into your pedals and want to do a pedal kick, this is what you want. Might want to youtube pedal kick.

I use clipless pedals, so therefor so should everyone else!
You don't have the freedom to adjust your feet with clipless pedals. When you're balancing you throw your legs around to keep steady, and a clip or basket will impede that.

okay. What about those of us who choose to drive a finer class of automobile than a Honda Civic? :)
Finer class? IE: it cost more money? It's clear you're a moron. There is lots of nice cars out there. I used to work for Lexus, the LS460s are in for valve spring replacements because they ****ed up a batch of springs. So are the IS350s, GS350s, GS450Hs, and GH460s. Still think it's, "higher class"? These cars were bricking engines. I can put up photos if you want of a 40000 dollar engine reduced to rubble. I know cars, I am a fleet service technician for a fleet of 250 cars, I know what's worth money, and not. Again, brilliant try.

EDIT: I didn't mean to put down Civics. They get good gas mileage and have low emissions, that saves turtles, and turtles are man's best friend.
I know you didn't, you really can't. They are more expensive then american counterparts, but they aren't counterparts to begin with. They hold their value, last forever, have low emissions, and offer good performance (especially if you go for an Si). Not saying I'd turn down a fast car, but if I had to pick something to live with every day, it's on the top 5 list for sure.

Really though, if performance is all you want, get a ****ing bike.

SheepStar

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Ha, my brakes were $400 chochy.

SheepStar
Brakes slow you down...I took mine off...:D

I think your type of riding is cool, not my thing but cool.

I also think that it is cool that so many Audioholics are into bikes, I never thought they would be.

I don't care what kind of car anyone drives, just drive what makes sense for your life.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Brakes slow you down...I took mine off...:D

I think your type of riding is cool, not my thing but cool.

I also think that it is cool that so many Audioholics are into bikes, I never thought they would be.

I don't care what kind of car anyone drives, just drive what makes sense for your life.
Why you gotta rain on my parade Dawg? Inciting defensive anger is hilariousand you know it!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Keep it coming.
I use them also. They are excellent brakes :)

EDIT: Only a sucker pays $400 for car brakes.
$400 is just the 4 piston front calipers for my car. :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis