Mass Effect 2 Discussion Thread

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just finished my first run on casual. I destroyed the collectors base and pissed off the illusive man :)
Will start second run/dlc is net

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
This time through I'm trying to take most of the renegade choices. I will definitely go for the renegade ending. Last time I did the paragon ending.

Jim

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I love ME2, it was a wonderful sequel, I'm going through my second playthrough right now.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I'm playing an Adept on Hardcore. Adept is not as powerful in ME2 but I'm managing to not get killed too often.

Jim

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Not much activity on this game anymore, but I've been playing it on the PC for awhile now. I've tried both male and female Shepards. I'm on the 6th time through as a veteran Adept and am finding it challenging enough that I'll probably put a cap on it there. Slept with everybody but Garrus and Morinth, good guy, bad guy, neutral guy and I'm still finding stuff that changes with each playthrough depending on when you recruit, when you do the loyalty missions, etc. It's a very enjoyable experience. Great voice acting and character customization (create your face/looks) that really match well.

Kudos to Bioware.

Matt34

Matt34

Bump, finally broke down and picked this up off Amazon for $15. I want to try a Bioware game out before Star Wars: The Old Republic drops early next year. I'll leave my impressions when it gets here.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
You're in for a real treat Matt34. Personally one of my favorite games thus far still. What are you playing it on PC or 360?

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
You know...I think I'm going to get this game. I beat the 1st one and really liked it.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
You know...I think I'm going to get this game. I beat the 1st one and really liked it.
Oh, if you liked the first one you will love #2. The game play and controls are much improved especially the shooting aspect. BioWare games while amazing are known for glitches/bugs but ME2 is VERY polished. I was really impressed with the job they did.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
Oh, if you liked the first one you will love #2. The game play and controls are much improved especially the shooting aspect. BioWare games while amazing are known for glitches/bugs but ME2 is VERY polished. I was really impressed with the job they did.
Thanks, that's a good thing to know. ME2 will have to be after I beat Fallout New Vegas, the glitch infested fun game.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks, that's a good thing to know. ME2 will have to be after I beat Fallout New Vegas, the glitch infested fun game.
I haven't played New Vegas yet, but I have heard there are some noticeable glitches that pop up. Obsidian is the developer. I remember when Knights of The Old Republic came out for the Xbox, it was a sick game but there were a lot of glitches with that one too (BioWare).

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
I haven't played New Vegas yet, but I have heard there are some noticeable glitches that pop up. Obsidian is the developer. I remember when Knights of The Old Republic came out for the Xbox, it was a sick game but there were a lot of glitches with that one too (BioWare).
I totally understand what you mean. Fallout New Vegas is an awesome game. So far I'm having a blast playing it...even with the glitches its still really good. Knights of the Old Republic was an awesome game. I wish they would bring another one to the xbox...or any console. Great game.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Interestingly, Knights of the Old Republic 2 was done by Obsidian and unfortunately rushed out the door before it was finished.

I'm a bigger fan of Bioware, the first KOTOR game was better than the second. I also loved Jade Empire. I didn't like the combat in Dragon Age: Origins so never finished that one.

I did like Morrowind and Oblivion. I still haven't gotten into Fallout 3. I played it a little but it wasn't my cup of tea.

Jim

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
I still haven't gotten into Fallout 3. I played it a little but it wasn't my cup of tea.
Fallout is kind of slow in the beginning, but once you build your character it becomes very fun.

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
I actually bought the 1st Mass Effect sometime last summer and just beat it a few weeks ago after over 50 hrs of gameplay. I got lucky and happenned upon a deal for Mass Effect 2 a few weeks ago and have been playing it ever since. Finally have all the team members except the one from the DLC. I have to say, I played Fallout and never really got into it the way i'm hooked into Mass Effect. It's really been monopolizing all my time...keeping me from going to sleep at a decent time.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
Mass Effect is pretty fast paced at times, and its always fun taking on a bunch of guys all by yourself. It's a great game.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
Mass Effect is pretty fast paced at times, and its always fun taking on a bunch of guys all by yourself. It's a great game.
ME2 trims down the dialog and increases the complexity of combat. Based on what Bioware is saying about the data they've gathered on user behavior: they may trim the conversation even more in ME3

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
ME2 trims down the dialog and increases the complexity of combat. Based on what Bioware is saying about the data they've gathered on user behavior: they may trim the conversation even more in ME3
Thats what I hear. I'm looking forward to playing it.

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
I'm not sure I want them to trim it down too much. If it's still included, how will that effect the Renegade/Paragon aspect? Also, I thought the dialogue and all the choices of what to say were well places. I could see someone actually having those types of conversations. Kind of brings you more into the story when you feel like the character is saying things that you feel might actually come out of your mouth.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis