UPDATED: Mark L. Schifter, PLEADS GUILTY to suspicion of charity fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andy_c

Audioholic
The title still says "on suspicion of", which should be "to" I think.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I contacted Dickensheet

and got this as a reply:

Yes, we are hoping to have the catalog up by the end of the day to start bidding. We have some parties that provide shipping services but our firm does not.
I'm curious just how their assets were obtained.

D

Das

Enthusiast
and got this as a reply:

Same here, is it all Schifty trying to generate cash, or was the closure of their business and liquidation at the hand of the prosecutor??? Maybe they have not met some $$$ amount as part of the sentencing/plea deal, would explain the fire-sale. 1 week sale and they don't even have the lots up yet, seems a little forced wouldn't you say.

Will be interesting if the lots have Schifty hype descriptions, honest description of any defects, and if he will start spreading the word about it trying to expand the bidding base.

A

andy_c

Audioholic
Jeez, now you're my sixth grade grammer teacher. :mad:
Oops, sorry! What I should have said, instead of this:

The title still says "on suspicion of", which should be "to" I think.
was that the "PLEADS GUILTY on suspicion of charity fraud" should be "PLEADS GUILTY to charity fraud" to match up with what conrack said, repeated below:

Mark L. Schifter, guilty of Charitable Fraud and Theft.

After all, he did plead guilty! It's no longer a "suspicion."
Sorry for the confusion!

Actually, "PLEADS GUILTY to charity fraud and theft" would be even better (running away! :D).

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
It's probably whatever MLS and his relatives either couldn't fit in their vehicles, was bolted down, was too heavy to lift, or was in such bad shape no one in their right mind would possibly buy it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It's probably whatever MLS and his relatives either couldn't fit in their vehicles, was bolted down, was too heavy to lift, or was in such bad shape no one in their right mind would possibly buy it.
My guess is the highest debtors got first crack at the assets...and there are a LONG list of them. Not unlike a bankruptcy.

I know of one company who was apparently doing distribution for him and he didn't pay them. They kept the products...

R

rotorooter

Audioholic Intern
I guess you would have had to spend a lot of time at AV123 to know that Mark was into kimonos.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
From 2005 We Have This Wonderful Post

where kimono is mentioned figuratively.

Drum Roll Please...

O.K. Ladies and Gentlemen… Here we go… Time to say another Thank You…

You’ll be reading tons soon enough about all of the new goodies and fun we have in stock right now… I started to think about a way to empty the warehouse for the New Year… (About 2M in inventory right now I’ve been told) while at the SAME TIME find a way to say thanks to those that may want some of the new(er) goodies coming --- and (get this) --- offer an even better deal on the stuff you all have on Back Order with us… (read, The Mini, more UFW-12’s, EMO UL, etc.)… Tall Order…

I have a solution that serves everyone --- If you want to jump on this “idea” you can… or you can hold out and wait your turn and pay the price you negotiated for… Up to YOU… and of course we are here for you in every way…

I guess I need to open up the Kimono again and say “this much”… We have already made our year in a BIG WAY… Suzanne reported to me today that we are up just over 49% from last year… I want the cherry on the sundae (I only wish)… I want it all (a serious diet will do that to you) while doing something cool for everyone… I have a plan…

O.K. how do I do this… SIMPLE…

We will once again offer Gift Certificates --- but this time with a twist…

For those of you that want to buy these Gift Certs for their current, or future purchases you may do so (even for products coming “soon” or that are B/O and set to deliver soon --- REGARDLESS OF BOOKED PRICE) as follows:

Buy any denomination of GC up to $2499 and get 5% off the price…

Buy any denomination of GC from $2500 to $4999 and get 10% off the price…

Buy any denomination of GC from $5000 to $9999 and get 12.5% off…

AND ANYTHING OVER THIS… 15% OFF…

FUN!!!

So… as an example --- you want to purchase a $5000 dollar GC --- you pay us $4500 dollars… etc. etc.

I actually had no idea I was going to do this until 10AM today when Suzanne delivered the “report to end all reports” --- I was floored at where we are, and just how far we have progressed as a business…

I then took the next three hours to plead my case… They agreed that this is a wonderful way to deal with the whole “Santa Schifter Thing” this year… (By the way… you haven’t seen all of our specials yet to come)… but again, you get to use your GC’s after our VERY BEST PRICE… so, anyone buying in… ENJOY…

What do you think… does this make it all work? I’m excited…

Remember… regardless of the price you booked… you get to enjoy the additional discounts that these GC’s offer…

I would rather give this to all of you than a certain “Uncle” we all know and love…

Cool…

Thank you all so very much for your kindness throughout the year… You have all been so generous… so kind… so giving… From everyone at av123 --- we thank YOU!

All the best…

(and enjoy)…

mls

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
They've updated the auction listing

and now they've got pictures and descriptions. As to what state anything is in even if it says it works, who knows. S&H are unknown. Maybe Mark can bid on it and start a new business.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am going to watch this auction just to see all the douche bags purchase AV123 speakers for more than they were sold when they weren't a defunct company.
Those guys must be the ones contracted with liquidating and the results will be tallied up and paid out to those who were owed, which of course will not be everything they were due I am sure.

This says it all I think:

I want the cherry on the sundae (I only wish)… I want it all… I have a plan…

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
and now they've got pictures and descriptions. As to what state anything is in even if it says it works, who knows. S&H are unknown. Maybe Mark can bid on it and start a new business.
I guess VA321 wasn't joking when they said they deep caches of parts.

And exactly who wrote the descriptions for these?
Lot # 49
Emotiva side panels for Big Dogs - approx. 20

R

rotorooter

Audioholic Intern
For Richiedog,

figuratively-

1. of the nature of or involving a figure of speech, esp. a metaphor; metaphorical; not literal: a figurative expression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis