DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Papajin

Papajin

Audiophyte
Would have been nice to see all that new product up close and personal and report back to everyone here that, yes, indeed, the shelves are stocked with product.
I'm sure when they said the G2's are "here", they just meant they're on the website for pre-order. Payment up-front, of course.

Last edited:
droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Heck, rent a Ford Crown Victoria with tinted windows and drive up unannounced. It would be fun to see ol' Shifty sh!t his pants thinking it was the feds paying him a visit. :D
Somebody has seriously got to do this. Step out of the Crown Vic in dress pants and a short sleeve white shirt with a cheap tie. But you have to have someone rolling video of the whole thing.

washburn

washburn

Audioholic
Damn this company is an absolute embarrasment - I am so glad that none of my speakers have those ridiculous "av123" badges with Bumbly's signature on them !

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Damn this company is an absolute embarrasment - I am so glad that none of my speakers have those ridiculous "av123" badges with Bumbly's signature on them !
You can't forget the "All the best". More appropriately, it should say on the back of their speakers "All the worst". Considering how they treated the customer base that supported them.

L

Loudness

Audiophyte
Doing a Google search of the email address (v3rubicon@live.com) used by Mark Schifter for the sale of his Saab on craigslist yields some other interesting sales:

A children's sandboat for $100
Link: boulder.craigslist.org/bab/1814067442.html
Er, I mean "beautiful REDWOOD sandboat"

A Louis the XV Antique Bed for $1400
Link: denver.craigslist.org/fuo/1814078551.html
I'm guessing this will be replaced by a nice steelframe bunk unit, courtesy of the CO taxpayers.

A 25" color TV/VHS unit for $20
Link: fortcollins.craigslist.org/ele/1767195397.html
Better jump on this, it's "super nice"

And, of course, the good stuff:
Line Source 6-6 (aka Epiphany 6-6) for $3495
Link: www.stor1.com/ads/speakers/51_UHF
"We have plenty of spare parts – and the original shipping crates that came with these magnificent speakers. We are ready to ship these with just two weeks notice." - Now if he could just locate everyone else's speakers that have already been paid for...

That last entry lists as owned by "rubicon" which shows the last name "Schifter".
Link: www.stor1.com/ads/user/1819326267

* Apologies for not including clickable links, I'm new here and need to reach 5 posts to use those :p

M

mhawker

Audioholic
Somebody has seriously got to do this. Step out of the Crown Vic in dress pants and a short sleeve white shirt with a cheap tie. But you have to have someone rolling video of the whole thing.
If I had more time, I'd grab 10-12 of my friends and relatives out here and we'd all show up at their office.

We'd each go in one at a time.

"Hi can I help you?"

"Yes, I'm Mike Hawker"

"Oh, I'm sorry, you're not allowed here".

next person

"Hi can I help you?"

"Yes, 'I' am Mike Hawker"

"Uh... well, umm. You're not allowed here"

Rinse and repeat.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Well, the fans are something I think that might've been used in the warehouse but if there isn't much going on in the warehouse anymore, well then I guess you don't need them. And the selling off of cubicle partiions and desks, well that sounds to me like either they're closing up shop or prepaing for a move to smaller quarters. Also, as near as I can make out, those pics of the Gatorade speakers are all CAD renderings.
If they sell those powerful warehouse fans, what will they use to remove that foul stench at VA321?

M

mhawker

Audioholic
But now you can get that great new AV123 logo.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
If you go to their website

it says the speakers will be shipping late July or maybe early August. Yet, if you choose some large number, say 100, when looking to place an order, the website says 30 are in stock. Maybe some people aren't aware of it, but advertising that you've got some number of whatever available and they're not, is a violation of consumer protection laws. The BBB, which still has not fixed their ratings of AV451 to reflect past issues, does have a section where you can complain about deceptive advertising. So does the CO AG's office. Now, I'm going to ask both areas to look into this and see if they'll take any action. Can I look forward to some of you also lodging a complaint?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
On this day, the 4th of July,

it's good to reflect upon just what this day means to all of us. It's also good to see what this day meant to Mark L. Schifter back in 2007 - a scant 3 years ago. So, please re-read his words, presented below, and try and understand just what this holiday meant to him. Bask in the selflessness and his personal committment to those whose lives are interwoven with tragedy. May his generosity prove to be a blueprint that each of us can study. There is no question in my mind, nor should there be in yours, that Mark truly had a profound understanding of the word giving.

July 4th Raffle and a Personal Message from mls

Good Morning… and Happy 4th to all of you. Wish I could be home basking in the joy and happiness that we all share in on this day.

I’m still here in Cali – but thinking about all of you in a very real and most wonderful way. I’ve decided today that I would start a Raffle in celebration of our joy – and the wonderful goodness our people can bring to those in GREAT NEED and despair. Only in America where we are truly The Land of Plenty can we do these things… I’m proud of you – and so very proud of our country. Also, there is some sorrow that I'm sharing today (see below) and I would like each of us to do what we can to help...

Today I’ve decided to Raffle two systems. They are the following…

RS1K ~ RSC 200 ~ RSS300 in our sensational Rosewood

This system we will raffle off at 150 tickets @ $50 each. This will be called Raffle #9…

As well, we will start a second Raffle for the 4th of July with the following…

RS760 ~ RSC 200 ~ RSS300 - also in our beautiful Rosewood

This system we will raffle off at 150 tickets @ $35 dollars each. This will be called Raffle #10…

We can easily track your contributions based on the amount of tickets you purchase (multiples of $50 dollars or $35 dollars) so please do not worry… Sean can and will take care of all of this…

In order to make your contributions - please first go to PayPal

www.paypal.com

To make your contributions - just enter my e-mail address in the Send Money area

mlsav123@mac.com

That's it... follow the instructions from there... VERY EASY and SAFE...

Now for the personal part of this message…

This industry is filled with really remarkable people – people of great strength and conviction – and people that flat out CARE. I have a dear friend that I have grown to really respect and admire that happens to be the President of a competing company.

As many of you have read before – David Fabrikant is a man whose products I most sincerely respect – but more than that – I flat out love this guy. Sure we compete each and every day – but more than that – we have learned to live with one another in a way only GREAT Competitors can. David is my friend, and I know that he is aching more than a little bit about a very personal situation that has pervaded his life…

Cancer is ugly… Cancer is horrible… and Cancer affects lives in a very real way… IF David chooses to say more here he can – but David is also a very private and honestly soft-spoken man. I mentioned to him that we would do this Raffle for his family member that has been stricken with Cancer – and should he decide to say more here he will – but if not – PLEASE respect his privacy. PLEASE… do this for me…

Therefore… I will take the proceeds of these Raffles and deliver 50% to The Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in David’s family’s name – and the other 50% I would like to continue our work in Khabarovsk, Russia for the Orphan’s. These monies will be used directly for medicines that are desperately needed…

The Sloan Kettering information can be found here

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/65977.cfm

As well… the winners of these Raffles will be treated to an MFW-15 subwoofer once shipments begin in September. In each case we will donate $1000 dollars to the same Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in David’s family’s name.

Long Live The United States of America – and to our friends – long live the lives of the ones we love the most…

To my dear friend David Fabrikant… May you and yours have peace and comfort on this day – and may you enjoy the lives of your dear ones no matter the pain and suffering you are feeling watching this Cancer hurt the ones you love…

With deepest respect,

Mark

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
I wonder how Mark would feel if somebody paraded his dying mom (who died of cancer) out for the world to see only so they can cheat her and her family.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I wonder how Mark would feel if somebody paraded his dying mom (who died of cancer) out for the world to see only so they can cheat her and her family.
He would take serious umbrage. However, Mark did invoke her name when running raffle scams and even borrowed monies from his late step-father in and around the time of his mother's passing which he never repaid until compelled by the probating of the will, or so I'm told.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I don't even want to quote that because it is so disgusting. Exploiting patriotism, friendships, the sick and dying, legitimate charities as well as the trust of customer base all in one day.

Anyone that has ever had to deal with this disease be it directly or with a close family member this just makes you want to hurl.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
MLS said:
VERY EASY and SAFE...
Oh so easy... Like taking candy from a baby... But not so safe when the attorney general realizes you're committing fraud and slaps you with a felony indictment!

Oh! - he was trying to say that it was very easy and safe to use PayPal to contribute to a charity. B_stard...

B

BWG707

Audioholic
It is spooky the way that MLS states "Please... do this for me". As if he is giving orders to his brainwashed followers. It was a very "cultish" forum that got way out of hand and ended up hurting many people, it was quite a shame. MLS deserves all the punishment that the courts can dish out.

G

GOSU1

Enthusiast
MLS deserves all the punishment that the courts can dish out.
With his court case progressing, his reputation destroyed, his finances ruined and the knowledge that the IRS will inevitably investigate whether he reported the underfunded raffle money as taxable income, this must be a contemplative time for Schifty as he reflects on his life and considers momentous questions such as: "what went wrong?", "how did I get into this mess?" and "do I wanna be the husband or do I wanna be the wife?". :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis