GameStop Offers $200 Trade-In for Any PS3

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
You read the title correctly, GameStop is offering a $200 trade-in for the PS3, so if you want to trade-in that Fat model for the new 120GB Slim if you can still find one due to the shortage all you will need to come up is $99 plus tax or $149 plus tax for the 250GB. This looks like a response to Microsoft's trade-in program that was started with the release of the Xbox 360 Slim.

Get $200 trade-in credit for any PS3 system traded.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer subject to change without notice. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/28/10 - 07/18/10.

[Source]

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I wish they would offer me a bit more, cause I'd seroiusly consider trading in my 40 gig.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I still have my 60G sitting there doing nothing and haven't sent it in yet. This would have been a good deal except that it will be $175 to repair at which point $200 isn't worth it to trade in.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
But a 60 gig is worth quite a bit to some people, but if you send it in now you probably wouldn't get another 60 gig back since it's been out of production for so long... but you may be able to get them to send you back a slim model.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They said they would repair it but it costs more or you can exchange for a slim for less.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
unless you need BC, I'd get a slim, bitstreaming and lower power consumption, plus it runs quieter too...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
unless you need BC, I'd get a slim, bitstreaming and lower power consumption, plus it runs quieter too...
I have a slim :) I can say that it is definitely quieter but not to the point where it can't be heard. I don't have a receiver that has HDMI at this point, so bitstreaming is a moot point. I have been leaning toward another slim.

I thought BC was going to be useful, but it really only was for completing the PS2 games that I was playing when I bought the PS3. Since then, I really never played any other PS2 games on it.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I know GameStop sells a refub 60GB for $350 and if you check Ebay you'll find one from $300-$500(working) and a broken one for $100-$200 just in case you wish to sell that bad boy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
For the price it might be better to exchange it. I don't need the second one right now which is why I haven't done anything about it.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Tempting, but I might miss the SACD ability of my fattie. I hardly ever listen to SACD's but at least I can if I want to.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
You could get the refurb slim, then sell it off for $250 locally and make some money if you don't need it right now.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I'll stick with my fattie (I mean game system) I only use it for two reasons SACD's and the few games I have. I have two outboard blurays players to watch bitstreamed movies. I have the 80GB version, so doesnt make much sense to upgrade, but would if this machine were used as a bluray player.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have 3 SACD players, so that capability isn't useful for me, but I have an attachment to that 60G model (not to mention it cost me $650 when I bought it the first year).

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis