DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Well Mark never showed up, so I won the case, I didn't expect any other outcome. Now I have to file some paper work to get his banking information as well has put a lien on his home.

The magistrate was very professional and actually remembered Mark from another case.

But I think the more important thing to do is file a fraud case with the Boulder Police or sheriff's department. That way, it can be considered a criminal case! I am following up on that matter and will let everyone know how that goes as well.

Now that was not hard.

Congratulations to audionut and everyone that helped in this process!!!!!

So does audionut qualify for a personalized bumper sticker? :D

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Good for you, audionut101! The case was certainly clear-cut, but it is good to have it official.

I wonder when the statute of limitations starts for fraud cases like the RSL-II? If the product is purchased on April 1 with a promise of delivery within 90 days (July 1) and nothing arrives, I could see an argument being made for starting the clock on July 1, but the law may start on the day of the original contract.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Well Mark never showed up, so I won the case, I didn't expect any other outcome. Now I have to file some paper work to get his banking information as well has put a lien on his home.

The magistrate was very professional and actually remembered Mark from another case.

But I think the more important thing for everyone else to do is file a fraud case with the Boulder Police or sheriff's department. That way, it can be considered a criminal case! but the statue of limitations on fraud is 3 years.
Congratulations! When you had the papers served, did you get a notification that they'd been signed for? I tell you, it's a lot harder to kill a vampire in real life than it is in the movies.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Now that was not hard.

Congratulations to audionut and everyone that helped in this process!!!!!

So does audionut qualify for a personalized bumper sticker? :D
I'd be happy to send him one. He can PM me the contact details and anything he wants said on it.

M

Mark Seaton

Junior Audioholic
Does anyone here know what screen name Tbomb uses on another forum? He logged in here and took the time to register under "Tbomb" here to let me know that he had the mod, but hasn't logged back in again since. Unfortunately I just missed him last time and send him a PM after he logged back out.

I have all the parts, but can't put the UFW-10 together with the Dayton sub without knowing what mod to make on it first... and my local audio buddy who wants it moves in on Saturday to his new place.

If anybody knows other contact information for Tbomb, could you please PM me?

thanks,
..dane
Hi Dane,

Did you see this:
http://www.parts-express.com/pdf/300-804boost.pdf

Anyone with the replacement amps could take a picture for you to see the values on their amp. Since I doubt all that much time was put into the mod by AV123, I expect you'd be just fine rolling your own and I'll even give you an educated suggestion based on what I do know of the amp and the sub.

Try the chart values for 4dB of gain at 27.5Hz (6.2kR & 270kR). Then tell your friend to always set the on-board XO below 100Hz which smooths the top end a lot and should fit a +0/-6dB window to 30-25Hz depending on the low pass setting.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I'm reminded of the line from the movie, Independence Day.

Get on the wire, tell them how to bring those sons of b!tches down.

wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
I wonder when the statute of limitations starts for fraud cases like the RSL-II? If the product is purchased on April 1 with a promise of delivery within 90 days (July 1) and nothing arrives, I could see an argument being made for starting the clock on July 1, but the law may start on the day of the original contract.
I suppose it can vary from state to state, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the representations from Mark extended the running of the limitations period.

wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
I said representations. I guess that should have been "misrepresentations."

D

dane

Audioholic Intern
Hi Dane,

Did you see this:
http://www.parts-express.com/pdf/300-804boost.pdf

Anyone with the replacement amps could take a picture for you to see the values on their amp. Since I doubt all that much time was put into the mod by AV123, I expect you'd be just fine rolling your own and I'll even give you an educated suggestion based on what I do know of the amp and the sub.

Try the chart values for 4dB of gain at 27.5Hz (6.2kR & 270kR). Then tell your friend to always set the on-board XO below 100Hz which smooths the top end a lot and should fit a +0/-6dB window to 30-25Hz depending on the low pass setting.
Yes, I've seen that. And I have assumed it would be a boost around the 30Hz mark. But I want to be sure is all.. I am grateful for your post, Mark-- thank you so much. I will give it just a little while longer before I just go for a shot in the dark. I just don't want to open the box up more than I have to... :)

thanks again,
..dane

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
This is cool, Dane and Mark. Glad to see someone helping out those stuck with dead subs.

Way to hang in there in regards to this thread, Dane. Keep it real. :D

D

dane

Audioholic Intern
This is cool, Dane and Mark. Glad to see someone helping out those stuck with dead subs.

Way to hang in there in regards to this thread, Dane. Keep it real. :D
I have no problem with the thread-- just with people disrespecting me without knowing anything about me or my perspectives. It was sad (to me) that I had to share as much as I did, but I think since then people have realized I'm not their enemy.

I'm waiting to hear back from Kyle, TBomb, Doug G. (if my email didn't go straight to his spam folder), and others. Unfortunately now it's the weekend, so some of my contacts won't be getting back to me until next week. Wished I could have had it all done this week (buddy moves into his new home this Saturday and will still be sub-less. :( ), but I'm doing the best I can.

If I don't hear back from anyone, then I'll use the values Seaton recommend and run some RoomEQWizard sweeps on it and compare to my existing UFW-10's. At least I have two solid performers (original original amps) to compare against.

In the mean time, my wife's out of town (her sister just had their first baby-- a little girl), and I've got this second Audire Forte power amp to finish restoring.. :)

cheers,
..dane

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
I understand, Dane. You were really piled on in here. I hope you took the useful bits to heart, though. I understood your position as well, I am glad you came in here to clear up a few things. That took some balls and helped to change my perception of you.

Kudos for keeping your chin up.

Last edited:
Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic

Congrats on winning the case. Pardon the potentially stupid question, but what does the pending foreclosure on MLS's house do for your ability to collect on the lien?

R

rotorooter

Audioholic Intern

But I think the more important thing for everyone else to do is file a fraud case with the Boulder Police or sheriff's department. That way, it can be considered a criminal case! but the statue of limitations on fraud is 3 years.
Nobody loves you when you're down and out Mark. Blow the man down boy, oh blow the man down..

A

audionut101

Enthusiast
Good for you, audionut101! The case was certainly clear-cut, but it is good to have it official.

The clock starts the day you sent him the $$$. You have 3 years to file a criminal case. The good thing about a criminal case is that it sticks even AFTER bankruptcy.

A

audionut101

Enthusiast
Congrats on winning the case. Pardon the potentially stupid question, but what does the pending foreclosure on MLS's house do for your ability to collect on the lien?
of course my lien would be below the mortgage. For me this was a learning experience more than anything else. It was more about principal. It took me less than 2 hours to do the whole thing. I feel better that I took a stand. If I don't get any financial reward out of it,so be it.

A

audionut101

Enthusiast
Congratulations! When you had the papers served, did you get a notification that they'd been signed for? I tell you, it's a lot harder to kill a vampire in real life than it is in the movies.
I paid Boulder County's finest to serve him. It cost me $45 to do so.

Funny thing was that the Boulder county court needed to get a hold of him due to a scheduling issue. I told the clerk she would not hear from him because I have been trying to get a hold of him for years..... BUT she was able to get a hold of him in 1 day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis