DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bunnyma357

Audioholic Intern
I'm pretty sure they had at least several working prototypes of the X-Plosive Sub, so it was closer to "real" than a lot of the vaporware. I think they had them in both of the X-Statik rooms, and I think one was out in the hallway at RMAF.

The clear passive radiator with all the stuffing looked weird, though.

http://blog.stereophile.com/rmaf2007/101407schifter/

Jim C

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
So he'll have an empty X-Plosive cabinet? Yippee for him - since Mark Seaton never finished the design, I'm curious to know how fabulous a sub that's going to be when klipschhead goes out and buys a plate amp, driver, and passive radiator to build out the empty cab. Those are kind of important components to the overall operation of the sub.

T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
Cool - they aren't listed on the GR site and I'd heard that GR had quit offering them.

So an LS-6 kit and cabinets will set you back $2,594 plus shipping and an LS-9 kit and cabinets will set you back $3,494 plus shipping. That's a fairly strong $2,500 savings on the LS-9, but only a $405 savings on LS-6's (actually less since separate shipping on the cabinets and parts will likely end up being more than shipping on assembled speakers).
Sounds like av123 credit has run out over at gr research.
Pretty much the final nail in the coffin. I don't think they are going to be around too much longer. Then again they have survived longer than I thought was possible. I'm reminded of montie python "i'm not dead yet" .

T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
Sounds like av123 credit has run out over at gr research.
Pretty much the final nail in the coffin. I don't think they are going to be around too much longer. Then again they have survived longer than I thought was possible. I'm reminded of montie python "i'm not dead yet" .
Interesting quote on audiocircle from danny:
"
I was allowing AV123 to sell them as fully assembled pairs, and you can see info on their web site from the link above. AV123 sold them for $4,400 apair for LS-6's and $6,000 a pair for LS-9's.
"
Notice the past tense.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
At this stage of the game, I'd think it's very much a cash up front + give me some of what you owe me type business over there.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Interesting quote on audiocircle from danny:
"
I was allowing AV123 to sell them as fully assembled pairs, and you can see info on their web site from the link above. AV123 sold them for $4,400 apair for LS-6's and $6,000 a pair for LS-9's.
"
Notice the past tense.
Ironically, VA321 is now selling empty LS-6 and LS-9 cabinets. What's next?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Ironically, VA321 is now selling empty LS-6 and LS-9 cabinets. What's next?
With all this talk of them selling LS-6 and LS-9 cabinets, have they meet all pre-existing orders of these speakers, some whom have been waiting years in which they paid up front for?

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
With all this talk of them selling LS-6 and LS-9 cabinets, have they meet all pre-existing orders of these speakers, some who have been waiting years in which they paid up front for?
Apparently, it's been mentioned in a few posts (or pages back) that there are still some people waiting on the LS speaker orders.

I'm not sure if VA321 is just selling off some cabinets in finishes that are least desired - or, if they're just trying to round up a few bucks to keep the lights on in the warehouse. :cool:

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Apparently, it's been mentioned in a few posts (or pages back) that there are still some people waiting on the LS speaker orders.

I'm not sure if VA321 is just selling off some cabinets in finishes that are least desired - or, if they're just trying to round up a few bucks to keep the lights on in the warehouse. :cool:
That is just awful and disgusting.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Despicable! I am surprised they are still able to legally operate in the State of Colorado.
Perhaps if everyone here that is owed product or money takes it upon themselves to contact the CO Secretary of State, they'll revoke his license to operate a business. Maybe if they inform the SOS that he's been indicted it might count for something. Maybe after the matter has been settled, possibly on June 29th, depending upon the nature of the settlement, we can all write as individuals as well as a group, to the SOS and see if they'll take away his license. Maybe if everyone who is owed something takes either the lawsuit approach and/or one that involves the BBB that'll enlist their aid too.

Now, I've already sent an email to the BBB informing them that there is indeed legal action being taken against MLS, the President of AV451, and provided them the link to the indictment. In their evaluation of AV451 they said they did not know of any legal action. Well, I provided it to them. So can you too inform them. You see, there is strength in numbers and Mark knew this. That's a big reason why he looked to handle individual issues off-line. It kept the rest of the public ignorant. Well, unless we as individuals look to also act as a group then it will be like Lincoln said, "A house divided against itself cannot stand." We have to act in concert with a plan in mind.

A

audionut101

Enthusiast
Well, I have the small claims case against Mark set for end of the month. Since I live out of state, I am trying the case VIA TELEPHONE, so I don't even need to be there!

What is everyone else waiting for??? There are no excuses not to file a small claims case now.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Well, I have the small claims case against Mark set for end of the month. Since I live out of state, I am trying the case VIA TELEPHONE, so I don't even need to be there!

What is everyone else waiting for??? There are no excuses not to file a small claims case now.
We spoke about this on the phone. Can you take some time and let everyone know just how this works, who they have to contact, etc.? This is a tremendous aid for people who like you, are out of state.

A

audionut101

Enthusiast
We spoke about this on the phone. Can you take some time and let everyone know just how this works, who they have to contact, etc.? This is a tremendous aid for people who like you, are out of state.
I posted this right after we talked, but it got buried during the laker talk. either way, here are the steps-

1. download the small claims form here- http://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/Forms_List.cfm/Form_Type_ID/9 fill it out and pay the necessary fees.

2. you will be contacted by the court with your court date. You will need to contact the boulder county sheriff to have mark served. It cost around $25.

3. Once you get your date, send another letter stating that you live out of the state and would like to be able to call in via the telephone for your case.

If you do not understand any of the above steps or have more questions, feel free to contact the clerk directly- her name is Anita at 303-441-4749.

As long as you are suing for damages less than $8k, you can sue in small claims court.

No need to fly. Simply point, click and call to get some justice!! If people can't do that, maybe they really don't need or want their $$$ back.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I posted this right after we talked, but it got buried during the laker talk. either way, here are the steps-

1. download the small claims form here- http://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/Forms_List.cfm/Form_Type_ID/9 fill it out and pay the necessary fees.

2. you will be contacted by the court with your court date. You will need to contact the boulder county sheriff to have mark served. It cost around $25.

3. Once you get your date, send another letter stating that you live out of the state and would like to be able to call in via the telephone for your case.

If you do not understand any of the above steps or have more questions, feel free to contact the clerk directly- her name is Anita at 303-441-4749.

As long as you are suing for damages less than $8k, you can sue in small claims court.

No need to fly. Simply point, click and call to get some justice!! If people can't do that, maybe they really don't need or want their $$$ back.
Here's a question for you. How does one handle the paperwork including any email correspondence you have that substantiates your claim? Is that sent and if so to whom? Also, with respect to having the papers served on Mark, just what did you use for an address? Home, job, both?

Good job audionut!!! Damned good. I guess with all of this, Mark will be on a first name basis with the Sheriff's department.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Do let us know of the outcome later this month Audionut.

Good luck sir! You have paved an excellent path for individuals and may you be rewarded.

T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic

Personally I woudn't take the chance. Eventually they will be keeping the lights on an empty warehouse. Failure to deliver a product when they are liquidating their current supply through sales, and selling off the cabinets needed to fullfilll their existing backlog is a pretty clear sign in my oppinion. File today, get your money back, and if you really want a ls9 buy the damn cabinet and get the parts from gr research.

In any case it seems like they are no longer able to produce the speaker that people ordered, a change of cabinet is a major change. Even if the orders are fullfilled the speaker provided will not be the speaker ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis