E3 2010: 500GB PS3 Move Bundle Coming

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
E3 2010: 500GB PS3 Move bundle coming

Monday 14-Jun-2010 3:05 AM
Sony to reveal two new PS3 SKUs bundled with Move controller this week

CVG has learned that Sony is set to reveal two new PS3 SKUs this week (also known as Mental E3 Week) which will come bundled with the Move motion controller.

Sony plans to release 500GB and 250GB versions of its slimline powerhouse bundled with the new motion controller later this year, according to our industry source in Los Angeles.

We were also told that the new PS3s will come with new faster internal Wi-Fi cards (802.11n, for those of you who know what that means). Current PS3s come with the slower 802.11 b/g standard Wi-Fi. Basically, that means new PS3's connection to PSN and the internet will be faster if you have an 802.11n-compatible router.

"I don't know about prices, but their strategy is quite smart," our source told us. "With a super high-end and a less high-end approach, Move could almost become a success by stealth."

Sony previously revealed that Move will be available in three different bundles: standalone for those who already have the PS Eye camera; with the camera and a PS3; or with the camera and a game (the latter of which Sony notes will cost under $100).

Source: CVG

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, maybe I will have to trade in my 60G and pick up a 250 with 802.11N since my router supports it.

N

Nugu

Audioholic
Wonder what the prices will be, probably 350$ for the 250gb move bundle and 400$ for the 500gb? I imagine they'll make the 250gb non-bundle 300$?

Basically, that means new PS3's connection to PSN and the internet will be faster if you have an 802.11n-compatible router.
That quote makes me want to sucker punch the moron who wrote it.

Edit: I was reading the comments on that article and it looks like I'm not the only one annoyed by his misinformation.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What I understood is N supports over 100mbps while G is only up to 54mbps. I only get 54 right now because the PS3 is G.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
What I understood is N supports over 100mbps while G is only up to 54mbps. I only get 54 right now because the PS3 is G.
Some wireless G supports up to 108mbps, not sure what the max for N is though. At least the PS3 has a gigabit ethernet port... I really wish they put a gigabit ethernet port on the new xbox 360 slim... well maybe they did and just aren't talking about it, but I doubt it.

majorloser

majorloser

Speed is related to distance and signal strength from router. You may not get anywhere near that speed if you're located on either ends of the house.

I wonder if it will be able to run on the 5 Ghz band of a dual band router. :rolleyes:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am on the opposite end of the house and I get a full 54mbps with a signal strength of "excllent" the majority of the time because there is really only one room or 2 walls between where the PS3 is and the router.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis