UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Weber seems to have the upper hand right now on his younger teammate. Very quick pole time! I was surprised to see them get below the 1.14.00 mark.

Schumacher is still having issues with the short wheelbase car too as Rosberg out qualified him again.

It was a shame to see Alonso crash in third practice. I have a feeling he would have been on Pole. He was quick all weekend. It will be interesting to see if he will be able to get into the points this weekend. He will need to do a well planned 1 stopper starting with harder tires and then going for the softs.

I think Alonso will make the points as long as he doesn't wreck at the start blowing other cars at the start.

As far as Schumacher is concerned I think next year will be much better. he'll get the car sorted out by then.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
FIA needs to bring back testing. A test ban only means that the team that's quickest at the season start will end up running away with the championship. Boring!

Might not be F1, but I'll be at that Baltimore race for sure!

majorloser

majorloser

FIA needs to bring back testing. A test ban only means that the team that's quickest at the season start will end up running away with the championship. Boring!

Might not be F1, but I'll be at that Baltimore race for sure!
True, but testing really benefits the well financed teams better. Most of the new teams can't afford continuous upgrades, let alone a totally new car every year.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
True, but testing really benefits the well financed teams better. Most of the new teams can't afford continuous upgrades, let alone a totally new car every year.
Kinda true, but for sure all the new teams are suffering even more because of the test ban. I'm sure if they were allowed to test they wouldn't be so far off. Maybe set the amount of testing allowed on a scale based on where you finish in the championship.

New teams get the most, Brawn gets the least.

annunaki

annunaki

Kinda true, but for sure all the new teams are suffering even more because of the test ban. I'm sure if they were allowed to test they wouldn't be so far off. Maybe set the amount of testing allowed on a scale based on where you finish in the championship.

New teams get the most, Brawn gets the least.
They went through this type of issue in '93. They "dumbed" everything down so that the small time guys could compete, etc when everyone was going with full active systems. It is Formula 1 for god's sake. What the FIA should do is freeze the stinking rules for 4-5 yrs. at a time. Even 3 for that matter.

However, they would need to open some things back up a little bit, such as engine configuration and ECUs, etc if they did a rules freeze.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I hate the way the rules get changed on a yearly basis!:mad:

annunaki

annunaki

I will attend in Texas as well.

What about you strongbad & major? Ragged is in.

It would be planned well in advance we could all meet up?

My brother & good friend have both committed to go with me already.

Hopefully the track ends up being well done. Elevation changes, perhaps Spa like without the trees?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I will attend in Texas as well.

What about you strongbad & major? Ragged is in.

It would be planned well in advance we could all meet up?

My brother & good friend have both committed to go with me already.

Hopefully the track ends up being well done. Elevation changes, perhaps Spa like without the trees?
I would love too but I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow...:D As soon as a date is set we will defiantly have to seriously talk about a GTG.:cool:

majorloser

majorloser

Sure, I'll throw my hat into the ring. Even the wife is up for an F1 race.

majorloser

majorloser

US Grand Prix

I went ahead and contacted the Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau about the event and to get myself on the mailing list:
http://www.austintexas.org/

They also gave me the official website for the event:
http://www.fullthrottleproductionslp.com/

I told them both we had a large group of race fans from all over the USA and Canada that are interested in a group package to the event (okay, so I lied).

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Well, that was quite a race. Finally Maclaren seems to have just as much pace as Red Bull, even though it may be the F-duct on the long straights. Hamilton is the best over taker out there. He got right back at Vettel at the start and the same with Button.

I don't blame Vettel for the crash with Webber. He put a great fake on Webber, faking going outside then diving inside. Webber didn't move and Vettel lost it on the marbles. Racing incident, end of story.

I'm definitely in for Texas.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Vettel should have known that Webber doesn't give an inch...ever. He made his own luck. Good result for McLaren but Vettel handed them two positions each. They were conserving fuel. They were no threat. Dumb IMO and I like Vettel.:)

Good race though. (for the current rules:))

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
I dunno, I would have gone for the pass too, well at least in my dreams :D

annunaki

annunaki

I dunno, I would have gone for the pass too, well at least in my dreams :D

With as much speed as he had coming up on Webber I too would have went for that pass. I would like to see the steering input telemetry for that whole interaction to get an accurate view of what really went on.

From the on board shots Vettel was clearly past him and Mark gave no room at that point.

Oh well...

McLaren will most likely be tough in Canada with the long straights and the clear top speed advantage.

Hopefully there will be some surprises!

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, I hope Kubica lands on the podium. Still waiting waiting for him to have a real title challenge.

A

ArthurPE

Banned
good practice sessions today...

I love the sounds and smells of the sport...
sitting at the hairpin entrance, turn 10, 1st row right behind the track marshals perch...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis