DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonygeno

Junior Audioholic
It looks like they're taking payment for the LS-4. I wonder what it all means?

Wasn't today another court date?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I don't know anything about the design/parameters of that speaker but common sense tells me that you just can't take a different replacement midrange driver out of deep storage, swap it in and call it a day. Wouldn't you think there would need to be some tweaks to the crossover network atleast?

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai

Mark Schifter was last seen in the backseat of the vehicle below, photographed by police helicopter, holding a stack of raffle tickets to his head and threatening to hold just one more raffle to benefit the children of Khabarovsk. The vehicle is believed to be headed towards Mexico and is being driven by AJ Cowlings.

Further information may be forthcoming later, like tomorrow.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I bet that driver is a leftover from when AV123 used to sell Swans.

...Parody

It sure does. I would imagine that would need to be retrieved in deep, deep storage in the bunker below 321. :rolleyes: :D

Employees find their way to the bunker by following the trail of the smell of faulty burning electronics and are greeted with wall to wall of defective MFW-15 amps. :rolleyes:

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic

Mark needs money, quick, is what I'm guessing.

When they started taking beta money for the RSL-IIs didn't they say it was only 4-8 weeks away or something? Or was that preorders for the LS-9?

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
The RSL-II betas were something like 60 to 90 days away from delivery back in spring 2007, I think. I don't know what delivery schedule was promised for the LS-9's, but they are at least infinitely closer to being accurate (since a big number - years - divided by a smaller number - maybe six months - is still a lot better than infinity divided by 90 days).

S

SlushPuppy

Audioholic Intern
What, no napkin sketch or "Engineering Drawing"?

Rocket Volta
Introducing The Rocket Volta

A worthy successor to our famed Strata Mini – the Rocket Volta IS our “next step”.

The Volta uses two 7” brand new aluminum cone woofers coupled to their own 350 watt amplifier that has been specifically designed to Drive – Protect and Deliver incredible and unexpected low end. The marriage of THIS amp to THESE drivers delivers incredible bass response – and seamlessly hands off to the new BG NEO:10 Midrange Panel.

Above the new BG NEO:10 you’ll find the BG NEO:3 tweeter. These two drivers work in incredible harmony to produce a flawless 500Hz to 25kHz open window on the world. Octave to octave – you’ll be amazed at how these two Planar Magnetic drivers integrate – and how beautifully they marry to the powered – twin 7” Balanced Drive Woofers.

Under 42 inches in total height – this system can easily work in 2-channel as well as Home Theatre applications – together with the planned Center and Surrounds that are on the way.

Easy on the eye – and super easy on the pocketbook, we KNOW that the new Rocket Volta will be a product that will amaze in every conceivable way. This is our Next Generation answer to the wonderful and universally loved Strata Mini…

Price and finish details to follow.

Thank you,

The av123 Sales Team

O

obie_fl

Enthusiast
My feeling is the more he lives in fear the better. He has plenty to think to about, plenty to feel guilty for, and plenty to be afraid of. I also think that the problem doesn't begin and end with mark... The unfortunate reality is that they are still trying to salvage this company. These are the same people who enabled mark, who rationalized his misdeeds, who brought in the next sucker, and who helped defraud costumers. They are running this business now.
It's easy to put all the blame on schifter, but I'm begining to think the reality is there was a team of people enabling him, coaching him, advising him, and benifiting from the dishonest behavior. They knew what was going on and they helped rationalize it, explain it, and sucker in more people.
In some ways mark might be the fall guy here... Not that he doesn't deserve everything he gets.
I agree with your sentiments. However I'm am not a conspiracy theory kind of guy. Besides his wife and Suzanne I really doubt there are any other "enablers" involved. If there are others they have managed to stay in the shadows all these years.

Now if I was a conspiracy theory kind of guy I say it was the Russian Mafia behind it all. He has bragged about having dealings with some unsavory Russians in the past.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I'm not so sure about that. Field Marshall Kyle has to be well into enabler status with his forum policing these days.

O

obie_fl

Enthusiast
I think it is more like Kyle the foot soldier doing it for the money and self preservation. Hopefully he is getting paid.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not so sure about that. Field Marshall Kyle has to be well into enabler status with his forum policing these days.
Alternate job prospects must not be too attractive for Field Marshall Steidle.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
A worthy successor to our famed Strata Mini – the Rocket Volta IS our “next step”.
A new Rocket? Is this the first product in the "Rocket II" family that was discussed several years ago? Or is this the "Strata Max" that was discussed several years ago and again a few months ago? Or is it some new product idea to add to the ever-growing list of products they've announced and not gotten around to finishing?
Under 42 inches in total height – this system can easily work in 2-channel as well as Home Theatre applications – together with the planned Center and Surrounds that are on the way.
And I'm sure the matching center and surround will arrive in as timely a fashion as the Mini's matching center and surround arrived...

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
There might be some employment opportunities with Commandant Chase. I hear they might be looking for a Field Marshal to fill their staff.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Update on MLS legal proceedings

The status meeting was held yesterday, April 13, 2010. The status meeting has been continued and is next scheduled for May 7. No further information is available at this time and the online information has not been updated as of this post, but Carol is working on it.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Your Guide to Bail Bonds in Colorado

Information for those interested in how this works in Colorado can be found here.

S

SlushPuppy

Audioholic Intern
A new Rocket? Is this the first product in the "Rocket II" family that was discussed several years ago? Or is this the "Strata Max" that was discussed several years ago and again a few months ago? Or is it some new product idea to add to the ever-growing list of products they've announced and not gotten around to finishing?

And I'm sure the matching center and surround will arrive in as timely a fashion as the Mini's matching center and surround arrived...
Here's a "sneak peek" for you:

They also mentioned that RSL-II updates would come "soon".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis