DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
I don't think MLS typed that. Might be his words, but it's missing.... one.... important.... aspect of his.... tell.... tail typing style.

Can... you... guess... what... it... is?
Someone could be "proofing" his work before it gets posted.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
In the thread, RSL II info? (http://forums.av123.com/showthread.php?t=36871), the following people besides Chris posted that sounded like they might also be beta testers.

cujobob
Emac
decibob
NewDaddy
etcarroll
Ettepet
sean_w_smith
tx_outlaw

In the thread RSL II Beta Update (http://forums.av123.com/showthread.php?t=15543) started by good old Humbly Bumbly himself, it seemed that the following folks were either mentioned as being on the list or it seemed that they were. BTW, it's interesting that a post there by an AudioFanKJ makes that the new bulletin board no longer pulls up the term RSL II! Must be a feature, huh? MLS also says that they've got an RSL II in Colorado, but I've spoken with people that were there then and they said there was never an RSL there. He also said he was in two weeks in St. Maartens working on his tan although we don't know if he went with his wife or one of his bimbos.

thequietman
Ettepet
AudioFanKJ (sent his check in on 11/6/06!!!)
NewDaddy
audionut101
Craigsub
Adam_Reiter

Now what I found of particular interest was the last page of the thread above when the following posts were made.

Jim Harris said:
But, Mark you promoted this speaker more than a year ago on this AV123 site that resulted in the more than patient Beta testers (if you recall you personally met three of us at the Houston GTG last summer). Therefore, I reason that this site is still an appropriate venue for in-progress information.
Raphael said:
Not necessarily true. This site was a means of introduction of his new company, since Mark has established his loyal customers and believers here. Think of it as as product promoting.
Jim Harris said:
Hum, a written bill of sale from AV123 (made by Sean) does not qualify this thread?
If I'm reading that correctly, this isn't just Mark Schifter that can be gone after. It's AV451 too!

So again people, if any of you know where the above folks are, give them a heads-up about the whole cancelled check thing and give them some damned hope! Also, does anyone know, or did Craig Chase ever say if he received his money back and if so when? This keeping stuff quiet and not sharing information is counter-productive. It's the way Shifty operates when he wants to talk to you instead of something coming out on open forum. It's part of his divide and conquer approach wherebye he keeps people in the dark.

Also, who is this person Chris that MLS refers to with respect to the Act 3 website from time to time?

I tell you, what I wouldn't give to be able to talk to Basom King and Arnie Nudell.

J

Jackass

Audiophyte
Also, who is this person Chris that MLS refers to with respect to the Act 3 website from time to time?

I tell you, what I wouldn't give to be able to talk to Basom King and Arnie Nudell.[/QUOTE]

Not sure who you are referring to here Chu but Walter Leiderman at Underwood HiFi was one of Marks partners on the RLS. I had considered naming him along with everyone else MLS mentioned as a partner in a lawsuit but never proceeded.

I have been in touch with 3 other "Beta testers" over the years, of those three I'm the only one that received checks I believe. One of the others was promised another set of speakers and some amps not manufactured by av321but last I heard no one would front this equipment on Marks word and they never received the money promised to them. Sound familiar?

I'm really not a big forum guy so I'm not a real contributer to other forums. If anyone wants to pm me, individuals or authorities, I'm more than willing to share.

Chu, what picture are you referring to?

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
You know, just reading that thread makes me wonder how people can defend Mark. Ok, so maybe a true idiot can somehow pretend the raffles were a mistake, but how on earth can ANYBODY defend how Mark would just play people like he did in that thread? And that thread is just one of probably hundreds over the last 4 years where Mark continued to purposely mislead and lie and lie and lie and lie.

You people who defend Mark deserve a special place in hell.

Last edited:
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai

I tell you, what I wouldn't give to be able to talk to Basom King and Arnie Nudell.
Not sure who you are referring to here Chu but Walter Leiderman at Underwood HiFi was one of Marks partners on the RLS. I had considered naming him along with everyone else MLS mentioned as a partner in a lawsuit but never proceeded.
I'm not sure either Chris (Jackass) but it's someone MLS has mentioned from time to time as either being responsible for the Act3 website or even some product development. While he shares your first name, I've never found out just who this person is. As to Liederman, I was emailed once by someone who'd contacted him inquiring about his involvement with Act3. The reply was something along the lines that he no longer had a financial interest.

I have been in touch with 3 other "Beta testers" over the years, of those three I'm the only one that received checks I believe. One of the others was promised another set of speakers and some amps not manufactured by av321but last I heard no one would front this equipment on Marks word and they never received the money promised to them. Sound familiar?
It sure does sound familiar. However, if you could keep that list of folks in mind and if you or for that matter, anyone else runs across them ask them if they got any bounced checks. In the end, who would've thought it was the bounced checks that saved your arse, huh?

I'm really not a big forum guy so I'm not a real contributer to other forums. If anyone wants to pm me, individuals or authorities, I'm more than willing to share.

Chu, what picture are you referring to?
Well anything you can do, even via PM to them would be helpful. If you get results (positive or negative), would you be so kind as to drop me a PM?
As to the picture, I'm referring to this one.

Allegedly there were more made (9 pairs seems to stick in my mind) but for unknown reasons (I think they were unstable) they were said to be destroyed. Could you imagine them trying to veneer that? What would that be? Z stock?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
You know, just reading that thread makes me wonder how people can defend Mark. Ok, so maybe a true idiot can somehow pretend the raffles were a mistake, but how on earth can ANYBODY defend how Mark would just play people like he did in that thread? And that thread is just one of probably hundreds over the last 4 years where Mark continued to purposely mislead and lie and lie and lie and lie.

Is there anybody out there now that is actually defending Mark or rationalizing his actions?

B

bunnyma357

Audioholic Intern
I believe Uncle Paul received bounced checks from MLS, there were some quickly deleted threads a long time ago about it.

Jim C

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I believe Uncle Paul received bounced checks from MLS, there were some quickly deleted threads a long time ago about it.

Jim C
My understanding is that Uncle Paul is already doing something about this. But if you know of others who got bounced checks, I think if they begin by posting about this they might get some inquiries from the MLS legal defense team.

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
Is there anybody out there now that is actually defending Mark or rationalizing his actions?
I would say a couple people come to mind. Maybe they aren't defending him vocally anymore, but sometimes actions speak louder than words.

T

tonygeno

Junior Audioholic

That thread is truly unbelievable. Weekly bump, monthly bump, yearly bump, "Chris is putting the finishing touches on the website", "This is going to make you smile", "Humbly and with my best foot forward"...

How does this guy look himself in the mirror?

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
Their latest advertising for the LS speakers confuses me.

They say LS4 "Cabinets are being started now" and then "We have a limited amount for sale right away." Which is it? How can they be for sale "right away" if you're just now starting on the cabinets?

Same thing with the other LS models, they say "available now" but then "ready for shipment in 3-6 weeks." Which is it, now, or in 6 weeks?

Are they taking prepays for these?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
There are a couple of apologists atleast. There a few that were "close" atleast in the publics eye regarding AV123/MLS as well as defending them over the years - shutting down or downplaying individuals with complaints or 123/MLS motives that have stayed very quiet and have not denounced this companies actions atleast publically.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
Their latest advertising for the LS speakers confuses me.

They say LS4 "Cabinets are being started now" and then "We have a limited amount for sale right away." Which is it? How can they be for sale "right away" if you're just now starting on the cabinets?

Same thing with the other LS models, they say "available now" but then "ready for shipment in 3-6 weeks." Which is it, now, or in 6 weeks?

Are they taking prepays for these?
It's a familiar story, really. Tease with vague delivery dates that sound very close at hand, even though they are likely longer, and then simply stall a lot later. Mark's been doing it for years with announcements just like this one.

Frankly, the combination of "cabinets are being started now" and "ready for delivery in a few weeks" strikes me as unrealistic. Ask the LS-9 folks how fast their speakers went from the start of cabinet construction to shipping to the customer? Even just reading farther into the email proves this, as the LS-6 and LS-9 offerings are completed cabinets that just need to be built out - and they are three to six weeks away from shipping. Built the LS-4 cabinets, finish them (no veneers, just satin black and sparkly satin black), and build them out in less time than it takes to load drivers and crossovers into completed cabinets? That math doesn't work out for me.

As for pre-pays, it's a good question. They don't seem to be requiring it, at least, but the situation could always be different when you pick up the phone and call.

T

tonygeno

Junior Audioholic
I love this exchange from the now banned WJE:

Originally Posted by elmalloc View Post
This man is a role model.
Very true. However, even though he bends over backwards and jumps through hoops of fire for his customers, some feel that it's still not enough.
I don't think the hoop jumper was the one that got burned in all of this.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
I love this exchange from the now banned WJE:

I don't think the hoop jumper was the one that got burned in all of this.
Tony,

Thanks for pointing this out. There was a time when I was heavily addicted to the VA321 Kool-Aid. Not only drinking it, but snorting it, too.

Fortunately, though, I found ways to wean myself off of the Kool-Aid. I'm not sure if it was as tough as coming off of Heroin (I've never tried it), but I started slowly. I did plenty of reading of material from other sites regarding VA321 to see their "true" colors. Then, I started to slowly sell off my gear until I didn't own any VA321 gear. Now, rejoice! I'm a changed man. Free of the Kool-Aid. Free of VA321. And, banned for Life !!! Yahoo !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis