Xbox 360 USB 16GB Flash Drive Priced at $70

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Xbox 360 USB 16GB Flash Drive Priced at $70

By Mike Sharkey | Mar 30, 2010

The excessive storage pricing continues. Thankfully, there are now other options.

Microsoft confirmed on Friday USB flash drive storage is coming to the Xbox 360 via a system update on April 6, a significant shift in the company's previous strategy to control all of the console's storage options. But the more storage things change, the more they stay over-priced. Microsoft branded USB drives from SanDisk cost an arm and a leg.

SanDisk's 8GB and 16GB Xbox 360 USB flash drives are now listed on GameStop for $39.99 and $69.99, respectively. Conversely, you can now purchase a new, non-360 branded 16GB SanDisk USB flash drive on Amazon.com for $26.00. The 8GB model, unsurprisingly, can be yours for just over $13.

According to the GameStop product listing, the 360-branded USBs come pre-configured and with a 1 month Xbox Live Gold membership. SanDisk's 360 USBs ship on April 6.

Source: GameSpy

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Don't really see this as much of a big deal, unless you have an arcade version and want a cheap way to store game saves and dlc... but since I have an elite with a 120 gig drive I could care less... still a nice feature I guess.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
This update is good news for 360 owners and a bonus at least you don't have to buy the 360 branded USBs. $40 for an 8GB and $70 for a 16GB :eek:

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
$70 for 16 gigs... wow, they sort of went backwards with that. If anything, they should offer 360 users at least a 60gig stick or something for $70. I can get a 250 gig USB drive for that much, but I guess the 360 wasn't really meant for storing movies and games, more than it's just to store your saved games.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
That would have been nice but the update only allows 16GB max, also it would have been nice if they allowed 360 owners to use an external HDD.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That would have been nice but the update only allows 16GB max, also it would have been nice if they allowed 360 owners to use an external HDD.
I read you can use an external HDD, but it has to be partitioned to 16G :eek: Great job Microsoft. I am sure there is a reason why they did that, but I can't imagine what it might be.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis