FFXIII, it's almost here

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
While 4-5 years since it's announcement is a long time to wait (I know you feel me on the GT5 fans) only a couple days left til the latest installment comes. Anyone else looking forward to it as much as I am?

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I am going to watch someone else play it for a bit before I buy it. If it's ANYTHING like XII, then I will seriously break the disc in half. That was a terrible game. I got so sick of the whole military deal in it, and the new one promises to have the same thing. That and the whole "We can't park our airship there, we'll have to walk through the desert" THAT was the entire game, literally. Also, there was no inner character struggle or story of finding out who you are. Vaan was a street rat who wanted to be a sky pirate, the end. No mystery there.

FF is supposed to be an RPG where other people join you on a quest to save the world from evil and help you find out who you are on the way, and that you are all connected somehow, a few great mentions:
X: YOU AREN'T REAL! YOU DIED 1,000 YEARS AGO, also, AURON'S DEAD TOO!
IX: You are actually from another planet, and were deserted
VIII: The bad guy was your FOSTER MOTHER, your companions were there.
VII: You are living someone else's life. You never did the things you said you did, and you didn't know they weren't true.
VI: You were being used to channel Espers, and are actually a product created for war.

Then there's XII: You want to be a sky pirate.

Tell me that's not lame.

Also, the whole gambit system was used to keep all your weak party system from dying every 5 freaking seconds. My people were on level 60 and still died ALL THE TIME. Lame. I want my turn based battle system back please.

/rant:mad:

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
How can you have main characters named SNOW and LIGHTING? :D I'm sorry, that's rediculously stupid.

I don't know if anyone followed the actual writers for Final Fantasy, but they moved on and left Square Enix behind. Anyone played Lost Odyssey? That was their game, and it was true to real FF style, a character who doesn't know who he is and rallies with other rag-tag people to destroy an ultimate evil.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I haven't played ff since X. I'm fairly interested in this one. I put money down on it and I just got a call from Game Stop to tell me that it will be available at midnight tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Seriously, anyone that goes to pick up a game at midnight is a total loser.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Only game I ever picked up at midnight was Fable II. No point doing it then, plus, I waited till the next day to play it anyway cause I was tired.:D

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
This game isn't my type, but I sympathize because of waiting for GT5 for sure!

Seriously, anyone that goes to pick up a game at midnight is a total loser.
I've picked up ugly girls at midnight. 'GO UGLY EARLY!'

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I picked up halo 3 at midnight :D
I picked up Halo 2 at midnight. Well, I actually took my best friend's little brother to do it. He was young and his mother wouldn't let him out without adult supervision. Plus I'd go all Dante's-Inferno-destroy-the-devil for my best friend aka his older sister, so taking him to Gamestop at midnight was pretty easy by comparison.

Also, the whole gambit system was used to keep all your weak party system from dying every 5 freaking seconds. My people were on level 60 and still died ALL THE TIME. Lame. I want my turn based battle system back please.
I never died in FFXII. It was stupid easy and the game required almost no reliance on magic. It was mostly a gambit melee fest and it got real annoying real fast. It was an easy game, but so not worth wasting the time on. FFX wasn't so great either, although Auron was a kick tail character.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
I am really debating on holding out on this one and getting Resonance of Fate later this month, cause that game looks excellent...ugh...such a hard decision!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am really debating on holding out on this one and getting Resonance of Fate later this month, cause that game looks excellent...ugh...such a hard decision!
What about Nier? Resonance of Fate looks a LOT like FF to me, but they said it will add some new things that make it different from a traditional JRPG.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
... says the poster on an internet A/V forum. :D
OK that makes sense. What the hell does posting on a forum have to do with being a spaz and not being able to wait a day for a video game? :rolleyes:

Just reserve a copy and then go pick it up at your leisure. That's what I do.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Exactly as expected.
LEt me provide a bit, the battle system has been restored to that of Final Fantasy 10-2, so the battles are actual encounters, you heal after every battle, but the characters don't matter. The battles are better, but the story is still rediculous and doesn't make you care for any of the characters.

SopRage

SopRage

Audioholic
OK that makes sense. What the hell does posting on a forum have to do with being a spaz and not being able to wait a day for a video game? :rolleyes:

Just reserve a copy and then go pick it up at your leisure. That's what I do.
Just pointing out the irony of belittling "losers" on an A/V internet site's forum. Discussing the minutia of tweeter performance and plasma vs LCD advantages doesn't exactly make us the cool kids ourselves in the eyes of the rest of the world...

Nothing to get your feathers ruffled about. :D

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
Played it today. Total garbage. Don't get it. Just like FFXII
How far did you get into it? I like most of it, but I would like to kill "Hope" off, and soon, damn emo whiny punk. Other than that, gameplay is pretty smooth, graphics are of course great, and the story is run of the mill FF so far. Since I haven't really gotten into a game in quite a while, it's something fun to pick up from time to time. Maybe someday they'll realize what they did right in FFVII and do it again, we'll see though.

Mike

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
How far did you get into it? I like most of it, but I would like to kill "Hope" off, and soon, damn emo whiny punk. Other than that, gameplay is pretty smooth, graphics are of course great, and the story is run of the mill FF so far. Since I haven't really gotten into a game in quite a while, it's something fun to pick up from time to time. Maybe someday they'll realize what they did right in FFVII and do it again, we'll see though.

Mike
Is it possible to play the game with Japanese dialogue instead of English?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis