DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

silverbullet

Audioholic Intern
Last time I checked on this thread was several months ago lurking deciding if I wanted to gamble on the MFW or not. Now, I'm registered, subscribed, and watching closely with interest.....

J

JoshK

Junior Audioholic
I would imagine you could contact the Longmont PD, or the DA in Colorado. One of the two should be able to point you in the right direction.

I take it he owes you four digits?

J

JoshK

Junior Audioholic
Last time I checked on this thread was several months ago lurking deciding if I wanted to gamble on the MFW or not. Now, I'm registered, subscribed, and watching closely with interest.....
I think it's safe to say you can kiss any chance of a warranty on your subs goodbye.

Don't hold out hope for any other company to take them over, nobody in their right mind will ever touch that name/company, too much of a stigma attached.

Harmon

Audioholic Intern
You don't want to gives us your legal take? Are you still with the AG or DA up there?

BTW- OU sucks! HOOK'EM!!!!!!!
Haha, well I became a temporary Alabama fan a couple of months ago. ;)

I am still with the DA's office now prosecuting sex crimes, child abuse, and murders. Had a trial this past week where a retired police officer molested his grand-daughters. If you think financial crimes rip families and friends apart, you should see what intra-family sex crimes do.

I have no desire to become the resident legal analyst, but perhaps I'll post some thoughts when I have time to gather them.

Hope all is well in Austin ... love that town (but hate UT). :)

woofersus

woofersus

Audioholic
Yes, there are four digits in the number....unfortunately, that's not all.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Oh my. You are not alone, but I'm sure that does'nt really help. You should immediately contact the longmont PD and state officials as mentioned above, but I would also file suit immediately. Time is running short.

T

Tex-amp

Senior Audioholic
Someone started a new thread at VA321 on the fraud indictment.

I guess folks could re-post it every time it is deleted until they shut the site down again.

T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
Schifter Raffle

Maybe we should raffle off some vaporware for the Mark Schifter Legal defense fund? I have my eye on a new lexus for my summer home in China.

Matt34

Matt34

If you have recently purchased anything from AV123 and have not received it yet I would immediately get the order canceled and/or get your credit card involved in a charge back.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
If you have recently purchased anything from AV123 and have not received it yet I would immediately get the order canceled and/or get your credit card involved in a charge back.
I know someone that is waiting on the arrival of their order. Can you elaborate on this a bit? Can the CC company recoup the shipping costs as well? Thanks.

J

JoshK

Junior Audioholic
So, is anyone going to ask CC about his stance last year when the charity fraud came to light regarding him saying people had gotten things wrong, he knew the truth, and that there was lots of misinformation being put out by certain parties?
Ouch, I had not been aware of that.

Matt34

Matt34

I know someone that is waiting on the arrival of their order. Can you elaborate on this a bit? Can the CC company recoup the shipping costs as well? Thanks.
Has the order shipped yet? If it has they should be good, if it has not but the CC has been charged I would be emailing Kyle to cancel the order(if you can get ahold of anyone come Monday) and contacting the credit card company.

Matt34

Matt34

So, is anyone going to ask CC about his stance last year when the charity fraud came to light regarding him saying people had gotten things wrong, he knew the truth, and that there was lots of misinformation being put out by certain parties?
He probably knew the MLS version of the" truth".

m-fine

m-fine

Audioholic
I would guess Craig believed he "knew the truth" because he had a frank first hand conversation with a friend he trusted. There was some information that I am sure Craig was "in the loop" for on who Chu supposedly is and why he had an axe to grind against Mark. I never heard the story on Chu, and don't know if I would believe it or not believe it, but it is certainly reasonable to assume Craig believed what Mark told him about the raffle, and that Craig believed Chu and others may have had ill motives to smear Mark. In other words, he probably sincerely believed what he was saying at the time.

In the end I think Craig is on Mark's victim list much more than he is in any way an accomplice. He also allowed some measure of discussion on TCA that offered a contrasting opinion to his support of MLS and AV123 such that anyone who followed the TCA forum should have in no way been uninformed or caught off guard like the latest converts on AV123's site.

There are others who I have less sympathy for. If I was one of the new AV123 members caught off guard, I would likely go after the forum mods over there who worked so diligently to cover up the crimes and other issues, and who directly contributed to a new generation of fans who got fleeced. What they did is a far cry from a statement like Craig's, and they should be held financially accountable for their role in the fraud.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
Has the order shipped yet? If it has they should be good, if it has not but the CC has been charged I would be emailing Kyle to cancel the order(if you can get ahold of anyone come Monday) and contacting the credit card company.
It is my understanding that the order is enroute, but that doesn't mean it has actually left the "showroom". I don't see them online ATM, so I cannot ask at this time.

J

JoshK

Junior Audioholic
He can also refuse delivery, and in that case it goes back to the sender.

T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
You might even contact your credit card company first. If memory serves when you contact your credit card company they will tell you that the company has a month from the time of the charge to return your funds.

In any case it takes a little while for the credit card company to do their thing, and you can always contact the credit card company later if av123 cancels the order..... Also depending on how long ago the order was placed this might be time sensitive. Finally letting av123 know that you have contacted your credit card company (or are considering it) will put a little fire under them, canceled credit charges means that they need to pay higher rates on new charges going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis