DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
But it might be tough to get an accurate read from "deep storage". What the hell is that, a cache of speaker parts buried 2000 feet down in the Rockies able to withstand a natural disaster or limited nuclear attack?
ROFL... I about fell out of my chair when I read that. Classic. :D

"Deep storage" is probably a Schifterism for parts sitting in Mr. Pu's warehouse that if Mark were to square things with Mr. Pu financially he could get access to.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I almost feel sorry for Kyle. He knows all the stupid stuff that goes on there and then finds himself having to give the appropriate spin to the public. One comment he made, "Please remember that many, if not most of our designs utilize parts that are custom to us – but can be made by an array of suppliers known by av123." is pretty disturbing at least to me. It suggests that a particular driver can and is made my more than one source. Seeing and reading the stories of drivers that have frozen or developed those problems where you can see the rings in them makes you wonder if one of those array of suppliers isn't quite up to snuff.

But they sure make themselves look to be bigger than they actually are. Parts Department. Quality Control Team. Design and Engineering Department. CUstomer Service Department. Order Department. Inventory Department.

Then to hear Shifty say, "Our company has ALWAYS bent over backwards for everyone that has crossed our door...", well really now! From my perspective, when you consider Mr. Pu, Seaton, Ruben, Santiago, Sean, and each and everyone who contributed to the underfunded raffles, they might be thinking it sould be worded, "Our company has ALWAYS bent anyone over that has crossed our door..."

B

BWG707

Audioholic
Was that really an answer to the "parts" problem? It was nothing but double-speak. I can not believe the "drones" are eating this excuse up. I'm constantly amazed at what people will accept as a solution or answer to some of VA123's problems. Can't people see past the continuing B.S.?

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
I almost feel sorry for Kyle. He knows all the stupid stuff that goes on there and then finds himself having to give the appropriate spin to the public.
I agree. I have talked to Kyle on numerous occasions and I will say the guy seems like a pretty decent guy. I don't hold any of this against him and I understand, unlike MLS, he is in a pickle of his own that he had little control over. I see him as just as much a victim as the rest of us and I won't participate in the victim v victim atmosphere MLS is hoping this turns into. I know where the blame lies.

T

Tex-amp

Senior Audioholic
Why all the backwards av123s? Seems that the regular way would be a more likely way for search engines to bring this thread up for potential buyers to see.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Even a robotic Tiger Woods can own up. As shown today by NOT playing "I am the victim" spin in his press conference. This company shows no shame and spins every issue. There are still people over there enabling their business practices - even thanking them! Wow! :eek:

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Why all the backwards av123s? Seems that the regular way would be a more likely way for search engines to bring this thread up for potential buyers to see.
Some websites block out AV123 because of advertising. Here you can type it in without it being censored.

T

teknopath

Enthusiast
Look on the bright side... av123 has just announced that you will be able to preorder NOW for any spare parts that you might need later. Just buy a Gift Certificate now and av123 will ship you the parts in the future as you need them.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I've taken to typing AV451 or even VA451. The 451 is a reference to the book Fahrenheit 451. As Gonk said somewhat earlier, "AV451: the company at which charitable donations burn."

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Some of the comments that got to me are ones like from this erstwhile and continued supporter who swallowed it so deep, Linda Lovelace would've choked.

Mark.... you've said enough to satisfy even the most concerned person that might now or in the future need a replacement driver. You don't owe any more. You can only do so much. Do your best and then forget about the very few who might want to pick apart the nuances of a particular situation. There will always be some who want to look negatively on a situation no matter how hard you try to make things right.
My god, what has he made right? Not Sean's situation. Not Pu's. Not all the folks who payed to be beta testers. Not that fellow who posted here and bought a speaker from that mysterious friend in California who was getting divorced and had to sell his stuff but never received his speaker (I think Shifty sold it at least twice). I've seen his best. You've all seen his best. It's not very good. I can't imagine Quad is so desperate to cook at another GTG featuring Humbly Bumbly. Disgusting.

Or this one who wrote,
Mark,

Yeah, bring it home baby!

I am very surportive of your move to build here in the US. As wages climb in China and the impending increases in oil prices make the freight costs more of an issue. Your work here today will pay an enormous benefit tommorrow. American Media has already instilled the MTV ehthic into the fabric of Chinese culture. Money for Nuthin. The middle class there all want a big car and lots of grocery money. and they want it all now. Did I mention the "Wild West" business climate. Anything goes. Unauthorized spec changes, little to no quality control and a whole lot of unskilled labour moving into production as the skilled labour is promoted to better and bigger companies. It is getting getting very shady there. My production bosses in China estimate 5 years there will be cost parody as labour, material and frieght close the gap.

Rest up as your next 10 years will be very busy delivering high value audio products built by Americans for Americans.
Money for Nuthin. Indeed. What an uninformed, racist view of things. Once again, Mark is the victim because someone did something he knew nothing about. Incompetent or liar. Take your pick.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
With an army of apologists that have been recruited over the years, there is bound to be a few left. The 123 apologists have always been there to defend their questionable business practices over the years. IMO, I don't see how any informed person/consumer of this company can rationalize the apologist POV.

Last edited:
Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I think Abraham Lincoln said it best. "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

Unfortunately the internet has given MLS access to plenty of those who can be fooled all the time. ;)

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
Built for Americans, by Americans, in the American way.....look up in the sky....is that a bird, no, is that a plane, no.........It's Super Mark!

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Built for Americans, by Americans, in the American way.....look up in the sky....is that a bird, no, is that a plane, no.........It's Super Mark!
Well, we can change a few words around in that old movie classic :D

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether AV451 broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our customers - we did. But you can't hold a whole company responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame every audio company out there? And if the whole audio industry is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, MadPoet - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but I for one am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
Well, we can change a few words around in that old movie classic :D

Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether AV451 broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our customers - we did. But you can't hold a whole company responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame every audio company out there? And if the whole audio industry is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, MadPoet - isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but I for one am not going to stand here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!
I am leaving to get a beer can and crush it on my forehead. So much funnnnnn.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Then to hear Shifty say, "Our company has ALWAYS bent over backwards for everyone that has crossed our door...", well really now! From my perspective, when you consider Mr. Pu, Seaton, Ruben, Santiago, Sean, and each and everyone who contributed to the underfunded raffles, they might be thinking it sould be worded, "Our company has ALWAYS bent anyone over that has crossed our door..."
Sheer brilliance! :eek:

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
I almost feel sorry for Kyle. He knows all the stupid stuff that goes on there and then finds himself having to give the appropriate spin to the public. One comment he made, "Please remember that many, if not most of our designs utilize parts that are custom to us – but can be made by an array of suppliers known by av123." is pretty disturbing at least to me. It suggests that a particular driver can and is made my more than one source. Seeing and reading the stories of drivers that have frozen or developed those problems where you can see the rings in them makes you wonder if one of those array of suppliers isn't quite up to snuff.

But they sure make themselves look to be bigger than they actually are. Parts Department. Quality Control Team. Design and Engineering Department. CUstomer Service Department. Order Department. Inventory Department.

This does appear to be the beginning of the end. I am willing to take side bets that NO new products will be seen from this company in the near future, if ever, the announcements are mere puffery.

I kinda feel bad for Kyle, too. He has always been straight with me and many others, as far as CS is concerned. I wonder what he is told that keeps him around despite the evidence that the sky is falling.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
no replacement parts for out of warranty product? Where is GraphicGuy? I would like his take on this. :)

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
Just seen a B-stock Strata Mini over there. Where did this thing appear from? One of the owner/employees?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
For sale? They probably found it when they were checking on whether MadPoet's replacement driver was somewhere around - in deep storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis