PS3: Gran Turismo 5 in 3D makes an unconvincing demo.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
3D gives me major headache. I would never be able to play for more than 5 minutes.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's pretty much what they said about the Avatar game in 3D.

I read an article last week that said there is a sizeable chunk of the population that either cannot properly see 3D or have issues viewing 3D material (headaches, etc... as mentioned above).

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, there are a lot of interesting thoughts.

For people who have one good eye, with another eye that can't see so well. . . 3D will look like crap.

A more interesting point that was brought up was how long it will take for excellent stereo reproduction. People were saying that when stereo in the audio world first arrived, that it actually took quite a while before they got it down. You know, something better than guitar on one speaker, and voice on the other.

I have to admit, I thought Avatar was going to look more impressive than it did, with all of the hype, if just in terms of 3D at the IMAX.

It was cool, don't get me wrong, but it sure didn't live up to the hype, IMO. Now, if this is as good as it will be for many years . . . well . . .

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Personally the whole 3D gaming is a waste of time alot of people are not going to buy a new set just for 3D gaming,movies,etc. I think it's a gimmick that will backfire I don't want to sit in my home with stupid glasses on to play a game and God forbid if I have friends over, now I have to have extra pairs of glasses so they can enjoy the experience as well. A lot of these companies are in the red and 3D will not help their bottom line, alot of gamers are now just starting to enjoy HD gaming and of course you still have your hold outs.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
I'm totally with you on the gimmick part. Especially since I already wear glasses, I won't be for 3D until we can do it without the glasses.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I'm totally with you on the gimmick part. Especially since I already wear glasses, I won't be for 3D until we can do it without the glasses.
3D gaming should be a option and don't make it to where you have no choice,I'll be cool with that.

Patrick_Wolf

Patrick_Wolf

Audioholic
I have to admit, I thought Avatar was going to look more impressive than it did, with all of the hype, if just in terms of 3D at the IMAX.

It was cool, don't get me wrong, but it sure didn't live up to the hype, IMO. Now, if this is as good as it will be for many years . . . well . . .
The hype with Avatar wasn't about he 3D, but about the director, animations/visuals, and the story. The fact that it's in 3D was just a bonus that makes this particular movie more of an experience than a traditional "viewing".

Oddly the IMAX closest to me used those crappy, rigid, clumsy glasses as opposed to my local cinema which used the cheaper RealD glasses which work better in terms of 3D viewing.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
The hype with Avatar wasn't about he 3D, but about the director, animations/visuals, and the story.
No, I specifically used the term hype in reference to the 3D's effectiveness. I was not making any judgement about its level of hype compared to the director, animation/visuals, or story, but simply the hype of the effectiveness of 3D in this huge budget movie.

So, hopefully having been specific enough here, the IMAX experience for me simply did not live up to the specific 3D hype that I subjectively experienced.

I was making absolutely ZERO reference to the director, animations/visuals, or story.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis