Greatest Moment in Gaming

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
This would be a fun thread. For all the avid AH gamers...

What is/are your greatest moment/s in your gaming history?

I'll share a few that come to mind in chronological order.

1. Beating Super Mario Bros 3 for NES in under 7 minutes!
2. Beating Contra for NES with ONE LIFE!
3. Getting all golds in every Gran Turismo license class!
4. Winning a 4-player Risk II PC match against the 3 hardest AI generals.

If anyone has funny/cool/crazy stories to go with their moments, please share!

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
My top greatest moments in gaming.

1)Battletoads NES passing this bad boy without the help of a Game Genie
2)Ghouls and Ghosts NES taking weeks of playing to finally beat this one.
3)Shinobi on the PS2

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Though I have a few fun video gaming experiences, my greatest claims come with chess! :D

Beating an International Grandmaster in a game of bullet chess.

Beating the 7-time Montenegro champion (Yugoslavia) at blitz, once.

Beating the B class champion of the LA Open at blitz, once, when I had lesser skills.

btw, after I beat the above players, they were really POd, and then they really let me have it, lol. :p

I hardly play anymore. :(

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
1. Getting a Silver in the Gt3 driving classes, those were nearly impossible since my driving style is mostly on the grass to cut out all the corners.

2. Beating the mission in COD4 on veteran where you had to rescue McMillan by the Ferris wheel. So many days spent crying, and yelling, and breaking things.

3. Getting to the top of the final bracket in Mortal Kombat 3...

4. Beating Sk8 or Die on the NES

5. Beating Ninja Turtles, Turtles in Time for Sega without any friends helping.

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
I have had so many that i cant even count. Some of the moments could have been just beating a boss(pun intended) on any game or just finishing a game. So i can say my greatest moments in gaming are........the times i get to play them:cool:

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja

• Beating Mike Tyson for the first time in punchout (NES)

• Continously beating Super Mario Bro's over and over (NES)

• Playing Zelda N64 (N64)

• Binging on games like the Grand Theft Auto series with a bunch of people and passing off the controller after dying or completing a mission (PS2)

• Watching a buddy in Counter-Strike pwn with a AK to the point of being accused off wall hacking :cool: (PC)

• Having serious battles in EA NHL(year) (xbox/xbox360/PS2/PC)

• The Mile High Achievment In COD4 on Veteran with a Pistol :eek: :cool:(Xbox 360)

• Playing the first 4 installments of the Tony Hawk Franchise (especially the first 2 games that introduced "manual" (PS2/PC/Xbox)

• Warthog jumping in Halo: Combat Evolved :cool: (Xbox)

Last edited:
Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
Without a doubt, downing pre nerf Lady Vashj in World of Warcraft.

G

gixx0r

Enthusiast
competing professionally in Quake 3 Arena and showing Carmen Electra around for a day at Universal Studios after winning money

ChrisFox

ChrisFox

Audioholic Intern
Just a few I can remember

Beating Pool of Radiance on the C64. The first game I played all the way though. Took forever

Soloing Baldur's Gate 2 as a sorcerer.

Beating Ghostbusters game on the NES. Has to be one of the worst games ever made but as a 12 year old, it was the only game I had at the time.

My son throwing his controller into the front of my friend's Sharp LCD TV... oh, wait, that was the WORST gaming experience I've encountered...

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Having a computer resign against me in a game of chess(I retired for good after that)

Beating both of my friends in Madden the first time we played after one of them talked trash to me.

Coming back on to beat a guy at my cousin's birthday party in madden after taking over being down 24 points. He was so mad.

Beating the Beserker in Gears of War. That is about the best mob in and FPS ever except for Having an arch vile res a Cyberdemon in Doom 2. We didn't know there was an arch vile in the level lol.

Maxing out my Alcohol Tolerance in EQ(I was a dwarf)

Being in my first dragon fight in EQ.

My first beat down from a hill giant in EQ(I was level 1)

Getting a Girlfriend(much better than games). :D

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I don't know if anyone else played Mortal Kombat religiously when it hit consoles, but I just remembered the greatest gaming moment I ever had was throwing my friend on a coffee table and breaking the legs off of it after throwing the controller at the system, and then accusing him of being a "****** cheater" and then he hit me in the eye with his controller so hard that I had a black eye. It was awesome, then we laughed about it and my father became angry later as we could not fix the coffee table before he got home.

All this over him doing that stupid sub zero move where he slides, then he dropped sweeped me in the corner over and over till he won. Totally cheating.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There are a few, but many are old school.

Defeating Dragon's Lair in one session for the first time ($.50)

Actually dying on Asteroids after playing so long that we both got tired and gave up after a score of something ridiculous like 9 million. Yes, there were two of us and we would switch off over the hours that it took us to do it so the other could take a break :eek:

Playing Resident Evil 4 with the one-shot-kill weapon. Fun, but got boring fast.

dkane360

dkane360

I beat the codmw2 spec ops level where u have to kill 15 juggernauts by myself on the first try. I was pretty proud of myself lol.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I beat the codmw2 spec ops level where u have to kill 15 juggernauts by myself on the first try. I was pretty proud of myself lol.
Thats impressive! Me and my bro had some trouble with this until we figured out one stays at the initial starting position, other player attracts the juggernaut one at a time and runs back to the starting postition. Plant mines on the stairs and snipe them while they are going down the stairs. We can't beat the 10 juggernaut spec opp mission were you are just given the thumper and rocket launcher. Do you have any advice? We are playing on veteran.

dkane360

dkane360

Thats impressive! Me and my bro had some trouble with this until we figured out one stays at the initial starting position, other player attracts the juggernaut one at a time and runs back to the starting postition. Plant mines on the stairs and snipe them while they are going down the stairs. We can't beat the 10 juggernaut spec opp mission were you are just given the thumper and rocket launcher. Do you have any advice? We are playing on veteran.
My tactic with the 15 juggernauts was to use the 50cal and go through the level until u get to the very top, then wait on the helipad for the juggernauts to walk through the door. with the 10 juggernauts and thumper level, make sure u stay far away from your partner. use flashbangs and thumpers on them. after youve killed a few, you can run around to the other side where there is another ammo refill. one can distract while the other refills on flashbangs.

SopRage

SopRage

Audioholic
1) 75 kills in 10 minutes on Goldeneye multiplayer
2) Going to the "Minus World" in Super Mario Brothers
3) Achieving zen-like one-ness with F-Zero GX on Gamecube and effortless smoking the computer in any ship, any difficulty, on any track

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
1) 75 kills in 10 minutes on Goldeneye multiplayer
2) Going to the "Minus World" in Super Mario Brothers
3) Achieving zen-like one-ness with F-Zero GX on Gamecube and effortless smoking the computer in any ship, any difficulty, on any track
I loved F-Zero

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
I once went on a killing spree at a friend's house on MK2 for the SNES. Played for like 4 hours against everyone in the house. I'd pick a player at random (I seem to remember there was a button combo for that) and would preform all the fatalities. After it was over, I overheard people bragging about the 1 round they beat me. Not game mind you, round.

There have been a couple of games I could beat with my eyes closed, Rygar (NES), Resident Evil 2 (PS1), and there was a flying arcade game back in the day that I could beat with 2 quarters max.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis