Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I made the salsa. More work than the guacamole, but not as satisfying. I think that I'll stick with guac for the time being, unless I can find a better salsa recipe.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I made the salsa. More work than the guacamole, but not as satisfying. I think that I'll stick with guac for the time being, unless I can find a better salsa recipe.
What recipe did you follow and how did you use it?

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I made this one, and I ate it with tortilla chips.
I see some problems. When you roasted the tomatoes were their skins completely charred? They should be. The recipe gives you a time, but that may not be long enough or could be too long.

Also, this isn't really tomato season meaning their acidity will change so the amount of lime juice needed to properly balance the dish changes. Think of the recipe as a guide, not as set in stone and use your senses to get the most out of the seasoning. A good way to do this is mix the primary ingredients then take a small amount and add your acid, salt and other seasonings gradually tasting the change until you have too much. Now you know what too little, too much and just right taste like. Season the whole batch accordingly.

Here are some good salsa recipes by Rick Bayless: http://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/category?categoryID=7

Also, I think this recipe is a more interesting version of what you did. Adjust as needed to use your molcajete.

Lastly, remember salsa means sauce in Spanish so the variety is large. Some are perfect for chips others are meant for so much more :).

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I have never actually seen a Twister game but my g/f says she had one as a kid. It sounds like a good time but watching little kids wrestle around is kinda off ... Adam. :D :eek: :p

This, however unlikely is much more appealing ... :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for the salsa info, guys! Andrew, I actually did adjust the seasoning a bit. It's just that roasting the tomatoes, peppers, and garlic took longer, and the tomatoes are messy. Tomato juice is like kryponite to me because I hate the thought of it staining something. Plus, I can buy salsa that good. Fresh guacamole, on the other hand, is worth the effort. :)

Bayless is the man when it comes to Mexican cooking...
Have you ever been to either of his restaurants?

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I got a refund from Amazon for my Snakes and Arrows debacle.

Looks like I even get to keep the CD.

Amazon rocks!!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm done with the Mr. Coffee Cafe Crappe maker. The drinks aren't that good, and the blender scares Niki. Back in the box it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis