Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
My current Amazon shopping cart (on the verge of purchase):
I would skip the aerator. You can just open the bottle, pour it and let it aerate naturally for 5 minutes or so, just give it a good swirl in the glass before letting it sit.

You do have a coffee grinder, right?

Also, the coffee vacuum thing isn't really needed unless you plan long-term storage of beans which isn't ideal anyways. When I order beans online I normally get a little more than I need. Depending on packaging (if it isn't sealed with a check valve). I break down the bag into clean mason jars and use a foodsaver attachment to seal them (many people don't even bother with the foodsaver). Then they go in the back of my freezer, I just take them out the night before use. As long as the coffee is fresh this preserves it well. For coffee that I am currently grinding fresh and drinking, I put it in a dark cool place in a tightly sealed tupperware, no need to suck out the air each time. Just make sure you have a tight seal.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I would skip the aerator. You can just open the bottle, pour it and let it aerate naturally for 5 minutes or so, just give it a good swirl in the glass before letting it sit.
Thanks, I do appreciate that. I don't actually drink much wine. I just think the thing is cool. :eek: :)

You do have a coffee grinder, right?
Nope. I haven't found a suite of benefactors to send me free stuff, yet. :D I typically use K-Cups, but if I get the french press, I'll get ground coffee (which I have some of already). I figured that the vacuum storage would help keep it fresh, per the reviews.

For most of those items, I was in search of things to get for the 4-for-3 promotion. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
A family down the street was very nice and had me over for dinner yesterday. I got to see their home theater set-up, and I offered to help them out with some things. Their running a 42" 1080p off of only SD signals (Directv SD, DVD). I didn't put it down or anything, but there's some stuff that will help out. I think a TV calibration is in order, for sure.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
A couple down the street gave me a container of deserts yesterday morning. I ate some this morning, plus lunch. I'm was feeling very full and figured that I couldn't eat any more.

Then, five minutes ago, they brought by a bag of fudge and a container of Chex mix. The peanut butter fudge is excellent. :D

Jerry, you might need to take out a loan.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Merry Christmas to me. I ordered that stuff from Amazon, substituting the Aeropress for the aerator.

All I need now is a stainless steel salad dryer and some seltzer, and I'll be like a single version of Alex. :D

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
A couple down the street gave me a container of deserts yesterday morning. I ate some this morning, plus lunch. I'm was feeling very full and figured that I couldn't eat any more.

Then, five minutes ago, they brought by a bag of fudge and a container of Chex mix. The peanut butter fudge is excellent. :D

Jerry, you might need to take out a loan.

You were suppose to give the treats to Alex -- to help his diet :D

Peace,

Forest Man

I would be so so happy , if I could only get a grinder pump installed ---it is literally the sh*ts without it :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Somebody in the neighborhood feeds Adam once and now he's gone. We might need to start searching other forums and maybe post a 'LOST' poster over at AVS in case somebody else has spotted him roaming around like a stray. I hope he doesn't get into the mean neighbors garbage ... that'll likely get him shot.

Come back home boy. We'll feed you the high dollar canned food! :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Geese, I go look up an Onkyo manual that I don't have on my MacBook, and the search parties are dispatched.

BTW, which canned food do you have there, my man? :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Time to try making some salsa before the tomatoes go bad (well, worse).

I sure hope my broiler is where I think it is...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
BTW, which canned food do you have there ...
What's with all the questions? What are you, writing a book? Just eat it.

I didn't know what else to do with this picture but I thought it was tres cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis