Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The second biggest problem is the paper filters, I hate them, but as of now the only alternatives are DIY.
In for a penny in for a pound.
Would you be kind enough to tell us how the DIY filter work for the Aeropress?

I so think Jamie should get one of these:

Throw that sexy b!tch into a curve and hang on ... :D
0-60 ... YES !!! :)

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
It is very complicated: take a quality metal filter and cut it to size for the Aeropress :). It is best to fold over the edges to prevent fraying of the cut mesh. I never bothered, hoping someone will release one. The inventor of the AP won't do it, something about a bunk study on coffee oils (paper absorbs the oils) and cholesterol levels.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think that I'll watch Get Smart tonight. I've seen it, but this will be the first time on blu-ray.

Like they say, once you go blu, you never go...wait, that doesn't rhyme...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
"You frothin' my milk? You frothin' my milk? You frothin' my milk? Then who the h**l else's milk are you frothing... you frothing my milk? Well I'm the only one here. Who the f**k's milk do you think you're frothing? Oh yeah? OK."

Alex from Audioholics...is...The Barista. Summer 2010.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Getting ready to have the killer turkey dinner with some close friends.I even have a bottle of Baileys I am drinkin.........

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Well I told the wife, she said she already knew because she talked to a friend of hers who works in HR for the same company I work for and when her friend said that she was sorry to hear about your husband losing his job,she just said thanks. When I told her she said no worries S*** happens that surprised me thought she would be a little upset about the situation but I was wrong. So Christmas didn't turn out to bad except for me losing my job. My wife could have act like this nut here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvX8GHJLQIU

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Well I told the wife, she said she already knew because she talked to a friend of hers who works in HR for the same company I work for and when her friend said that she was sorry to hear about your husband losing his job,she just said thanks. When I told her she said no worries S*** happens that surprised me thought she would be a little upset about the situation but I was wrong. So Christmas didn't turn out to bad except for me losing my job. My wife could have act like this nut here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvX8GHJLQIU

An understanding wife is a wonderful thing.:)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Stupid Amazon. From last night into this morning, they increased the price of that Aerolatte frother by $3. I should have pulled the trigger. :mad: :D

Alex - how do you like that frother?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just frothed some milk with an electric hand mixer. Can't say if it's what frothed milk is supposed to be like (I don't think that I've ever had it), but it's...well...frothy. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Stupid Amazon. From last night into this morning, they increased the price of that Aerolatte frother by $3. I should have pulled the trigger. :mad: :D

Alex - how do you like that frother?
The frother is soogin'.
My girl came with a really nice set of pots :D which I heat the milk up in first. :eek: :D

resists urge to post pic of jlh

I don't really know anything about all this like Dave and Andrew but I tried the organic skim/no fat and whole so far. The whole milk is better. I'm not sure that I want to go with Dave's suggestion of adding cream to that. I'm not sure about cream but I know that I dislike half and half.

The frother stand makes that thing uber cool.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So, what does frothed milk add that regular unfrothed milk doesn't?
Heated milk has a different flavor and it doesn't kill the coffee's heat. There is a creaminess that Dave mentioned that whole has over the skim and there is still a froth left on top after you stir most of it in that adds a level of sophistication ... and my girl likes it. :)

... and you get to use the cool looking stainless frother toy.
That's worth something, right? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis