Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Well I don't plan on telling her at least till after Christmas day. My wife won't be pissed for one reason alone I planned ahead of time for just such an emergency. I thought about it for awhile and telling after New Years would change the whole vibe of the house for the bad. I talked to my Union rep and he is going to see what's going on because according to our contract I should have been given a week's notice.
I'm sorry to hear about this, Ares. I hate the way companies screw employees over at Christmas. I've lost a few jobs in December in the course of my life and it always sucked. Even last year, I got a layoff notice in the mail on Dec. 23. I don't know why companies do this to people.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I have saved enough to kept our selves out of debt for a least 2yrs, who will ever understand why companies do what they do to employees, The think that kills me most why wait till I was on vacation to tell me should have told me before hand,what can do.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
This kid calls my wife the one world that all women hate. I admit when I heard what this kid called my wife I lost my cool and knocked him out. and ever since then there has been bad blood between us.
...why wait till I was on vacation to tell me should have told me before hand...
That dude has no honor, IMO. I can't stand people who can't admit that they did something wrong, take their lumps, and move on. If a real man lost his cool and said that to a woman, he'd get decked, get pissed, realize that he was out of line, apologize, and wipe the slate clean. Only tool bags think that they didn't deserve it and try to get revenge.

Telling you over the phone is just another sign of being weak and without honor.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I have saved enough to kept our selves out of debt for a least 2yrs...
Good for you! Not everyone has the foresight and/or fortune to get themselves into that position. That is awesome.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Merry Christmas, citizens of the boredem! I doubt I'll be on, and too lazy to post in the "Merry Christmas to AH'ers" thread.

Hope everyone gets what they want/need/can resell.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, time for me to turn in.

Merry Christmas Eve to the rest of the folks at least as west as me, and Merry Christmas to the rest of you!

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Good for you! Not everyone has the foresight and/or fortune to get themselves into that position. That is awesome.
This isn't something I thought of, I credit my dad for this he always told me plan for the worse,don't just live for today worry about tomorrow. I will be getting in contact with my Rep after the holidays and find out what the hell is going on. till then gents.thanks for allowing me to vent and giving me encouragement through this BS so Merry Christmas to all of you and may all your audio dreams come true.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Man, you just haven't lived until you have frothed your own latte.

Organic whole milk and freshly ground Columbian ...

Does this color look okay with my eye make-up? :eek:

majorloser

majorloser

Man, you just haven't lived until you have frothed your own latte.

Organic whole milk and freshly ground Columbian ...

Does this color look okay with my eye make-up? :eek:
Try adding just a little organic cream to your milk before frothing. It will bring the fat content over 4% (+5%) making for a more stable, thicker froth.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Try adding just a little organic cream to your milk before frothing. It will bring the fat content over 4% (+5%) making for a more stable, thicker froth.
Higher fat content is actually harder to froth than a lower fat content.

majorloser

majorloser

Higher fat content is actually harder to froth than a lower fat content.
Not true. 4% (whole milk) is the hardest to froth. Above and below that percentage point it gets easier. It has more to do with a foam that is stable, keep the volume. Same reason whipping cream, which is very high fat content, is very easy to form a foam that will last a long time. Skim milk will also form large volumes of foam, but it won't have the nice creamy taste.

http://coffeegeek.com/guides/frothingguide/milk

Funny thing is, I would have thought half-and-half would have a higher fat content than whole milk, but it's usually lower around 3.5%. It just has a higher content of lactose, so it's sweeter in drinks. It mixes well with skim milk to add back the flavor and sweetness without excess fat. If you can get some heavy whipping cream it's usually around 6%. Just make sure there is no sugars or thickeners/stiffeners added.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks. The girl is mighty impressed with my newfound obsession. If I wasn't currently disassembling a 'pocket' subwoofer, I would be giving myself a ball check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis