Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I have my baby at work with me today. We're gonna put her to work early.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, you are like the nice guy bot. Now that I'm back home and have audio on my computer I watched the coffee review video. I was howling. I'm not sure why either. If I was doing that I would be dieing to curse ... "This f^%&in' thing gets f^%&in' finger prints all over the f^%&in' place. F^%& !!!" :D
:D Did I seem too anal about the fingerprints?

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Ares,

That sucks!:( Sorry to hear. I would defiantly wait until after X-mas to tell the wife.

Try to have a Merry X-mas.:)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
:D Did I seem too anal about the fingerprints?
Thanks for bringing this up again. No, you were just fine with the whole thing. Even the breaks where you lost your train of thought were good as it allows my kind a chance to refocus. I'm sure you put some real effort into that and it's a good review. I would have gone with the more expensive one because:

#1. It looks cool.
#2. You can make up your own k-cup.
#3. Lost my train of thought. :D
#4. $90 is an amount of money that wouldn't kill me to spend and I just like spending money.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks! The breaks were actually there because I couldn't remember everything that I wanted to say in one take. :) I was kinda pleased with myself when I thought of that approach to splitting up the video clips.

The Breville has really grown on me. It's certainly worth it if you like the looks of it better. If you saw that thread that I linked to, the Keurig was offered for over $100 less on QVC with all the same accessories. So, it really was just about aethetics.

The My K-Cup is for the truly inspired, IMO. I'm bordering on too lazy to make a pot of coffee in a drip coffee maker, so having to do the whole process for each cup of coffee is almost herculian for me.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Ares,

That sucks!:( Sorry to hear. I would defiantly wait until after X-mas to tell the wife.

Try to have a Merry X-mas.:)
Please forgive any mistakes I make I'm using the PS3 to write this, lappy went ape s*** on me. Yeah I don't plan on telling the wife until after New Years, don't need to ruin her day as well.

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Sorry to Hear

Well I got a very nice gift this morning from my boss, myself and 15 other guys from my job have been let go, this sucks they could have waited till after Christmas. My boss calls and seemed all happy made small talk and before he hung up he said by the way you won't need to come back from vacation which caught me off guard and I replied why's that his response was oh the company needs to do layoffs don't worry it's not just you. Hell that makes me feel so much better:rolleyes: so after he said that I felt the need to cuss his a** out what's the worse he can do to me fire me:D well what can you do. Sorry guys needed a place to vent, now I have to tell the wife I'll wait till after the Holidays.
Ares,

Sorry to hear you got laid off. Keep a postive attitude and I wish you the best of luck in getting a new job soon.

Peace and Merry Christmas,

Forrest Man

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My neighbor just brought over some cookies that she baked. That was very nice of her!

majorloser

majorloser

Please forgive any mistakes I make I'm using the PS3 to write this, lappy went ape s*** on me. Yeah I don't plan on telling the wife until after New Years, don't need to ruin her day as well.
I wouldn't wait that long. A good marriage is built on honesty. Trying to delay the bad news and sugar coat it later may come off all wrong with you ending up being the brunt of the frustrations.

I've been in your shoes before. Granted, it happened weeks before Christmas and not Christmas Eve. It's not fun. Take advantage of this holiday to get the resume together and get ready to hit the ground running when the new year starts. It seems to me if he laid off others in your department that you'd have some competition. Don't let them beat you to an opportunity!

Just remember the real important gifts you'll receive this Christmas is the love and support from the people around you.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I wouldn't wait that long. A good marriage is built on honesty. Trying to delay the bad news and sugar coat it later may come off all wrong with you ending up being the brunt of the frustrations.

I've been in your shoes before. Granted, it happened weeks before Christmas and not Christmas Eve. It's not fun. Take advantage of this holiday to get the resume together and get ready to hit the ground running when the new year starts. It seems to me if he laid off others in your department that you'd have some competition. Don't let them beat you to an opportunity!

Just remember the real important gifts you'll receive this Christmas is the love and support from the people around you.
Agreed.
She won't take it well if you hold back the news for too long.
It's not your fault for the lay-off, and you are partners in this. Best to tell here ASAP. I can see waiting until after Christmas, but not much more than that.

Easy to say, not being in your shoes, but you need support in this. Alienating her won't help matters.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Well I don't plan on telling her at least till after Christmas day. My wife won't be pissed for one reason alone I planned ahead of time for just such an emergency. I thought about it for awhile and telling after New Years would change the whole vibe of the house for the bad. I talked to my Union rep and he is going to see what's going on because according to our contract I should have been given a week's notice.

majorloser

majorloser

I would also think that as a union employee there should be some considerations for seniority and years of service.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I would think so as well, but this punk kid has family in high places in my company. Me and this kid don't get along at all, It all start at a bar a lot of the guys go to after work with our wives,well this dumb kid started to hit on my wife he wasn't aware that she was my wife.I wasn't worried about it, jealousy isn't an issue with me but he didn't like the fact my wife flatout rejected his advances and told him I'm married. This kid calls my wife the one world that all women hate. I admit when I heard what this kid called my wife I lost my cool and knocked him out. and ever since then there has been bad blood between us.

Last edited:
basspig

basspig

Full Audioholic
That's particularly poor planning on the part of the employer to wait until a major holiday to spring the bad news on you. Not so much because it's a holiday, but also a time of year where the climate increases our costs considerably. December is a month where the second installment of property tax is due in my town, as well. Then there's heating expenses.
Now if you've just gone into debt to buy all your friends and relatives nice presents, that makes it just worse all around.
Good luck finding suitable work and the unlikely chance to use this to advance to a better paid job.
2009 just plain sucked all around. I'm supposed to be retired, but I had to start a business as pension money doesn't begin to cover the taxes around here. But business has been nonexistent since August. It's really starting to hurt. Hopefully you have more money saved up than I did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis