Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I always wondered what the point of writing an Amazon review is. I guess you get free stuff if you do it often?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I always wondered what the point of writing an Amazon review is. I guess you get free stuff if you do it often?
Well, maybe. The free stuff is part of the Amazon Vine program, and membership in the program is by invitation only. I don't know what their criteria are for inviting people, but I imagine that it's based upon how helpful people consider your reviews - as the point of the program is to generate reviews.

I didn't have many reviews at the time that I got invited last year, but I did have 100% positive ratings. All of my unhelpful votes have come from my reviews of Vine products.

I also don't know if the products that get offered to people have anything to do with their reviews or the helpful/unhelpful votes.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'll take a look. :)
That's really good of you. No jokes. I appreciate it. That's all. :)

(oh no, my cycle is early :-0)

Which Tom Tom? My girl is after one. I figure that if I get her the same one you got I can give her your phone number too and never have to mess with it. Can you point me to your review? What was it that you reviewed that I read last ... oh yeah, the coffee toy! :D The eighties ... brutal. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
TomTom XL 325. Awesome for free - I don't know for $130 (it was $90 earlier this month, and I posted a thread on it).

I don't use it for car navigation, though.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
BTW, what info are you wanting to know about the ARS300?

(The laptop battery is almost gone again, so I'll be away for a bit.)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
BTW, what info are you wanting to know about the ARS300?

(The laptop battery is almost gone again, so I'll be away for a bit.)
Well, the speaker level outs ... does the sub's crossover affect that or is it really a low pass filter?
What is the slope?
The A/V switch in the front, what's that about? I think it's a gain of sorts.
What's it weigh? I don't own a scale. I loved carrying it in from the car though. I at least had to reposition my grip. That's a good sign, right? :D

Like, I know that my Infinity PS10 is boomy at 50Hz regardless of room position. I think that Infinity thought that they could easily boom it there and impress the 'not willing to measure' among us. None of us are into PS10's but I figure that AR, Bob Carver and Sunfire carry a little more weight and prestige with our kind so there might be some stuff to read about these.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't actually want one, so somebody else can hopefully enjoy it.
Wow, you are like the nice guy bot. Now that I'm back home and have audio on my computer I watched the coffee review video. I was howling. I'm not sure why either. If I was doing that I would be dieing to curse ... "This f^%&in' thing gets f^%&in' finger prints all over the f^%&in' place. F^%& !!!" :D

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Well I got a very nice gift this morning from my boss, myself and 15 other guys from my job have been let go, this sucks they could have waited till after Christmas. My boss calls and seemed all happy made small talk and before he hung up he said by the way you won't need to come back from vacation which caught me off guard and I replied why's that his response was oh the company needs to do layoffs don't worry it's not just you. Hell that makes me feel so much better:rolleyes: so after he said that I felt the need to cuss his a** out what's the worse he can do to me fire me:D well what can you do. Sorry guys needed a place to vent, now I have to tell the wife I'll wait till after the Holidays.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
That sucks big time. I'm very sorry.

I hope you lit him up good. More for the timing and being happy than anything else.

I truly hope this doesn't put too much of a damper on your Christmas.

My condolences.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Let's just say he wasn't happy after that and some how his mother got involved in the conversation.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
My boss calls and seemed all happy made small talk and before he hung up he said by the way you won't need to come back from vacation ...
What an insufferable prick. I'm glad you got canned there so that you can find someplace worth while to work at. Maybe we can all go to work for JerryLove. He seems to have plenty of money.

I wouldn't bother telling the wife until she asks why you're hanging around the house all day ... every day ... taking the audio equipment apart to dust the insides ... and drinking before noon. You should have some brandy now. :)

I guess I'll be seeing a lot more posts from you. :D

Just trying to cheer you up a little. Of course you have my sympathies and best wishes. ;)

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
What an insufferable prick. I'm glad you got canned there so that you can find someplace worth while to work at. Maybe we can all go to work for JerryLove. He seems to have plenty of money.

I wouldn't bother telling the wife until she asks why you're hanging around the house all day ... every day ... taking the audio equipment apart to dust the insides ... and drinking before noon. You should have some brandy now. :)

I guess I'll be seeing a lot more posts from you. :D

Just trying to cheer you up a little. Of course you have my sympathies and best wishes. ;)
Vodka is my medicine of choice, you got that right I'll post like 20 times a day now. and this one is just for you Alex,
Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.
George Carlin
:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Ares - man, I don't know what to add to what the others have said. That just sucks. There's no cause for that. The timing was horrible. Now, if it turns out that your a mall Santa, then that's different. :D

Best of luck in finding something after the holidays.

...I'll post like 20 times a day now.
Woah, slow down there, slugger. :p

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
MALL SANTA all those damn kids would drive me to drink(more than I do now:D) I guess I can say I was in waste management, we didn't like each other from the beginning so it's no surprise to me that he was happy about laying me off,plus the fact I knocked him out once this happen like 5 years ago when he first started working there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis