Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
majorloser

majorloser

I just looked up what a salad spinner is used for.

Huh. Drying salad. I never would have guessed that. I resorted to buying bagged lettuce a few years ago (I fought doing that for years because it seemed like a waste of money, but I succumbed), and it's already washed. I guess the extra money I spend on bagged salads just saved me $50. :D

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
I must stop eating this cheese cake. No f^%&ing wonder I am 270 lbs.

I lost over 10 lbs since my check up earlier this year but with the holidays approaching ... it ain't lookin' good.
Actually, I think is more attributed to your exercise program ... Moving a mouse and typing on Audioholics forums all day does not burn that many calories.

Peace and Good Sound!

Forest Man

P.S. - I checkd today and they put a brass cap on you den toilet hole :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Moving a mouse and typing on Audioholics forums all day does not burn that many calories.
True, but he burns a few extra calories when he moves his other "mouse." Plus, his Twister sessions are equivalent to running a marathon. I bet Rick has to carbo load for days.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The Mr. Coffee Frappe maker that I got today has yet to impress me, but I'll try it out for a while. I think that it's a novelty item that they'll make some money on during the holiday season, and then it will fade away.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, yeah! How the Grinch Stole Christmas! is on TV! I love that show.

BTW, the cartoon - not the movie.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Just click the picture. :)
My g/f caught me watching the video. :rolleyes:

Who knew it rhymed with crap? I thought it was like frap-aye. There are many words that I have never heard pronounced.
... and living in RI there are many more words that I have not heard pronounced correctly for years.

Regarding Jamie's comment about running on instinct:
That just leads to sex, drugs and rock & roll for me.
My audio habit is less expensive than that.
... which reminds me that I may as well bring that subwoofer in from the car
... and now that the girl is in bed I can get the salad spinner too.

... which reminds me of stupid x-mas gifts of years gone by.
She got me a relatively nice fleece type zippered jacket and
said it was like blue but I'm telling you it was purple.
Made me look like f^%&ing Barney. :mad:

She's not allowed to buy tools, electronics and now that I think about it, clothes for me.
Now that I think about it, I am a little on the difficult side.

5 more days until I have been off of smokes for a year.
I haven't been banned here and I still have the girl.
That, my friends, is amazing. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Darn it. I started watching Obama on PBS and forgot that The Grinch... was on. Shoot.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It is like frap-aye. That's what the mark above the "e" is for.
Well then they are mispronouncing it in the video! :mad:

Put some tequila in that thing and then it won't matter.
Coffee flavored Marga-rrrritas (roll the 'r'). :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well then they are mispronouncing it in the video! :mad:
Huh. Me thinks that I was mistaken.

Amazon put a mark above the "e", but Mr. Coffee doesn't. Sorry, man. You were right.

Then again, it's in my kitchen. I'll call it anything that I want to! :) I'll start calling it Cafe Crap if it doesn't get any better.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Huh. Me thinks that I was mistaken. Sorry, man.
No harm. It's not like I mispronounced it ... in pubic ... on an open forum ... that at least 3 other geeks might read. :D

Then again, it's in my kitchen. I'll call it anything that I want to! :) I'll start calling it Cafe Crap if it doesn't get any better.
Send it back. It's not even stainless! :D :p

At the Williams-Sonoma I saw a $200 burr grinding, water filtering coffee maker. If it's anything like the salad spinner, the price should be the same as Amazon. I like getting out. I know it's not like seeing friends but they're still people and you know what? A certain percentage of them are women. Not that I'm looking but I like looking. :rolleyes: :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, it was free, so I might just live with it. :D
You're no better than me ... :p
Sell it to Jerry for an even grand. :eek: :D

Seriously, what all did you get for free? It's a few things already, isn't it?

On an unrelated audio side note: The sub is an ARS300. AR was owned by Recoton at the time. The amp on it is Sunfire Technology under license from Bob Carver and Sunfire Corp.

My searching has yielded little more than a few sites erroneously saying that the driver is 15" while it's only a 12". I'd like a manual that I could get this guy I know to read ... :D. No, seriously, I'm obviously interested in this thing.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Seriously, what all did you get for free? It's a few things already, isn't it?
Prior to last month, I typically would get about $10 worth of stuff a month. No complaints at all, but just to give perspective. Last month was a HUGE difference for me. I got the Breville coffee maker, the Breville panini press, and the TomTom GPS. Just utterly unbelievably lucky, IMO. This month, I got the Mr. Coffee Frappe and a tool set that is probably worth about $10. I saw a wireless keyboard and mouse set yesterday, but I hesitated and missed out. I don't feel bad, as I don't actually want one, so somebody else can hopefully enjoy it. I very much expect that next month, I'll be back to picking a single juice box or snack bar. Again, no complaints, as most people don't even get that.

I'd like a manual that I could get this guy I know to read ... :D. No, seriously, I'm obviously interested in this thing.
I'll take a look. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis