Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamie2112

Banned
Thanks, Jamie. Not to sound bad, but you wouldn't be getting any of them. :eek: First, it would be a local thing because of shipping costs. Second, they were intended for people who otherwise couldn't afford them. It's a holiday charity event to help out those who are having a rough year. Clearly not for those who can't afford clothes or food, but that's handled outside of this forum. I plan on giving away a TV, receiver, DVD player, CD player, and some other stuff.
I knew that brother LOL .............:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I hope lsiberian's wife is just yelling at him as opposed to being run off by Adam's base sense of humor. :p

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I know Alex was speaking of gmichael because I'm not in his trunk.:p

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
I'm a Hickory Man

mesquite is a flavor wood not a fire wood. You use oak, cedar or charcoal as the base and then you add chips of mesquite for beef or pork.

For Chicken it should be pecan IMO. Hickory is my favorite for pork actually.

Smoking takes a long time though and you don't touch the meat. That's the first sign of a bad smoker. If he's turning the meat he's doing it wrong. The meat is supposed to boil and take on the smokey flavor.

You don't need flavor wood necessarily though. Just make sure to marinate in apple juice.
I cook a lot both indoors and out. I especailly like slow smoking wiht indirect heat. I only use Hickory.

I agree normally you never open the lid .. you just let it smoke.

Yesterday --I violated the rules .. I keep lifting the lid andrearranging the meat because I had too much on the grill.

I was cooking a Christmas gift for neighbors -- 14 of them to be exact.
My cooker will comfortably hold 6 whole chickens, but I put them close together and staked 14 of them. Not all of the outer skin was exposed to the smoke all of the time -- so I had to rotate ( soort sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do). After 7 hours of slow cooking they were all done to perfection. I now have 14 very happy neighbors ;)

Peace and Good Sound to All.,

Forest Man

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
My Cooker

I prefer oak myself as the main wood. Are you using a Weber?
This is what I cook on -- This is my second; I bought it 2 years ago. The first one didn't last very long --it gave out after 27 years :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

Hasty-Bake Legacy Model 131/132

Product Code: 131/132

http://www.hastybake.com/index.asp

The original Hasty-Bake design and our most popular model, the Legacy is the perfect size for larger families or anyone who truly enjoys entertaining. This unit offers all the standard Hasty-Bake features, and its 523 square inches of cooking space provide ample room to smoke a ham and a turkey-at the same time!

Specifications

Surface cooking space: 523 square inches
Base dimensions: 30"L x 21"D x 42"H
Stainless steel front work table
Weight: 163 lbs.

Hasty Bake Legacy.

Peace and Good Eating and Good Sound,

Forest Man

P.S.- Hasty Bake is an Oklahoma based company ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I cook a lot both indoors and out. I especailly like slow smoking wiht indirect heat. I only use Hickory.

I agree normally you never open the lid .. you just let it smoke.

Yesterday --I violated the rules .. I keep lifting the lid andrearranging the meat because I had too much on the grill.

I was cooking a Christmas gift for neighbors -- 14 of them to be exact.
My cooker will comfortably hold 6 whole chickens, but I put them close together and staked 14 of them. Not all of the outer skin was exposed to the smoke all of the time -- so I had to rotate ( soort sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do). After 7 hours of slow cooking they were all done to perfection. I now have 14 very happy neighbors ;)

Peace and Good Sound to All.,

Forest Man
There is nothing like slicing off a piece of fresh smoked meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis