Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think that the following satellite images available via Google Maps are simply outstanding: elephants and people/animals in Chad, Africa. The detail of the grass around the elephants just amazes me. [Thanks to a Wikipedia article on Google Maps for the links.]

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
So Adam, how long does your new battery last?

READ: How many hours can you post continuously on AH forums without recharging? :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
So Adam, how long does your new battery last?

READ: How many hours can you post continuously on AH forums without recharging? :p
I don't think the battery has even shipped, yet, so I don't know when I'll get it.

I've got my desktop for when the laptop runs out of juice. :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I don't think the battery has even shipped, yet, so I don't know when I'll get it.

I've got my desktop for when the laptop runs out of juice. :D
Aha, you haven't even got it yet, good to have many PC's...
I can see 4 PC's and a skype phone when I look around in the livingroom :confused:

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Isn't it? I can only imagine the detail that military photos have. My goodness.
Yes, they are probably of much better quality, we're safe here in Norway, coz here it rains all the time so using sattellite images is not possible, unless they use other technologies that can "see through" the clouds :p

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry, my man. They do.

Besides, all they have to do is give Dave a call. He's got you covered. :D
nope, we're wearing tinfoil hats here. so we are 200% safe, these tinfoil hats protect against all technology known to mankind :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'll say it again - I love this new GPS. Here are some snapshots of the best feature, IMO - the ability to overlay images onto the maps.

Here's one with an overall view of the nearby state park (from Google Earth) located over the default solid block of green that comes with the original map:

Here's one showing the parking lot and nearby trails with the unit at full zoom:

I still need to figure out the optimal resolution for the satellite images, but it works great already.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Thats freakin sweet, Adam. Now I want one. Did you post a review on Amazon?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey Adam,

Hook me up with that review business again. My g/f is interested. If you really want to help a brother out tell me again which one is quiet, $100 and stainless. I think she likes lattes too.

This is hard for me because I'm just so down with Maxwell House and counter space. She's still mulling it over but I thought I should at least know something.

Thanks,
Alex

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hey Adam,

Hook me up with that review business again. My g/f is interested. If you really want to help a brother out tell me again which one is quiet, $100 and stainless. I think she likes lattes too.
Are you talking about the Breville BKC700XL? It's quiet and stainless, but it's about $250. As for lattes, hmmm - does that require frothing the milk? That's more of an espresso machine item, isn't it?

As I was cruising the reviews to read what others had to say, it appears that someone handed out unhelpful votes to a number of people that I don't think deserved it, probably just to be a douche. I can't figure out any other reason to do it, as they were all well done.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Man, I just talked to her about it and had her say and spell the name. Now I forgot. Bed Bath and Beyond has them. Tassimo Bosch Single Serve Beverage System. I thought I would check with you because as we all know ... I use the research of others exclusively. My brain is like new ... low mileage. Actually I'm painting with an alcohol base primer. The bathroom is great. Nice confined space for fume maximization. I'm in there tipping over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis