Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Doug, you're going down.

[Not so much a threat as simply a play-by-play announcement. :D]
I can't really come here to take a two minute break anymore because you kids' homorerotic/beastiality banter is the least repelling of the other threads in the steam vent, which is really sad. :p;)

I also don't want to post in the other threads because I don't want to help a newbie right now - maybe if they were helping me...

However, I think the thread that made me want to just kill myself the most was the mom having the cop taze the kid, and the subsequent examples everyone else had to give of worse parents killing their children things. These are the reasons I don't watch the news, people - keep them out of our steam vent. I just want to pretend the world isn't a horrible place... :rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just want to pretend the world isn't a horrible place... :rolleyes:
It isn't a horrible place, man. It just has some horrible stuff happen in it. Just remember, one can't truly appreciate what's good without experiencing what's bad.

How much do you have left on your thesis? Weren't you planning on having the abstract done by last Wednesday? Did you make it?

strube

strube

It isn't a horrible place, man. It just has some horrible stuff happen in it. Just remember, one can't truly appreciate what's good without experiencing what's bad.
Perhaps. I think I am just effing stressed and depressed right now.

How much do you have left on your thesis? Weren't you planning on having the abstract done by last Wednesday? Did you make it?
I submitted my abstract late - yesterday after my all-nighter. I don't know if that means I am screwed for graduating this semester or not.

I really don't have a good feeling for how close I am on the thesis. I want to say I am close - I have a complete draft, but obviously some things need removed, some things need added, and a lot of things need corrected...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
When does your new job start?

I might have mentioned this before, but one of my advisors told me over the phone on the night before the thesis deadline that my thesis needed "just a couple of more days" of work. So, I didn't graduate when I expected, but I finished the thesis, started my job, and graduated a couple of months later.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I accomplished more between 5am and 7:30am than I have the rest of the day.

strube

strube

When does your new job start?

I might have mentioned this before, but one of my advisors told me over the phone on the night before the thesis deadline that my thesis needed "just a couple of more days" of work. So, I didn't graduate when I expected, but I finished the thesis, started my job, and graduated a couple of months later.
The start date for the job isn't set until they have final transcripts.

Your scenario could happen to me as well, but it just makes life more difficult - I would have to pay for another semester of credit, my graduation fee would be forfeit and I would have to pay another one (bastards), and I would have to get a letter from the Dean to send to the job saying that I completed all the requirements for my masters degree but can't actually graduate until the spring, and hope that they were cool with that (they seem kind of uptight about this stuff, more than most employers - must be a government thing). I would like to avoid all of that if possible...

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I can't really come here to take a two minute break anymore because you kids' homorerotic/beastiality banter is the least repelling of the other threads in the steam vent, which is really sad. :p;)

I also don't want to post in the other threads because I don't want to help a newbie right now - maybe if they were helping me...

However, I think the thread that made me want to just kill myself the most was the mom having the cop taze the kid, and the subsequent examples everyone else had to give of worse parents killing their children things. These are the reasons I don't watch the news, people - keep them out of our steam vent. I just want to pretend the world isn't a horrible place... :rolleyes:

This forum needs more A/V threads. :) You should start some. :D

but get you're work done first!!!:eek::p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The start date for the job isn't set until they have final transcripts.

Your scenario could happen to me as well, but it just makes life more difficult - I would have to pay for another semester of credit, my graduation fee would be forfeit and I would have to pay another one (bastards), and I would have to get a letter from the Dean to send to the job saying that I completed all the requirements for my masters degree but can't actually graduate until the spring, and hope that they were cool with that (they seem kind of uptight about this stuff, more than most employers - must be a government thing). I would like to avoid all of that if possible...
Given all that...get to work!!! :D

Seriously, two days of complete and utter pain are probably better than six more months of mild aggravation.

strube

strube

In other news, the Fusion is the Motor Trend car of the year.

When are you getting yours, Adam? :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
In other news, the Fusion is the Motor Trend car of the year.

When are you getting yours, Adam? :D
I decided that I don't like the looks of them. I've seen a number of them in person now, and it's just not my style.

BAM. Saved myself over $30k. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
edit: you all should thank me for not putting that pic in this thread.
Yeah, but you knew we were going to click on that link. :p

Uggg. There's not enough alcohol in the world to block that memory, but I'm going to have to try...

J

jamie2112

Banned
Yeah, but you knew we were going to click on that link. :p

Uggg. There's not enough alcohol in the world to block that memory, but I'm going to have to try...
Now if there was a woman around that wouldn't be an issue..........:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I unpacked and set up the new coffee maker. The top lid could open, which surprised me. To my delight, it contains a My K-Cup and measuring scoop in the lid. I had no idea that those were included. It didn't come with the 18-cup sample pack, though. Oh, well - I already have the coffee that I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis