Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Haaspac

Audioholic
I wonder how Rosetta's debut album "The Galilean Satellites" would sound on his speakers. Keep in mind you need to play both cd's at the same time. If they are transportation devices then they will transport you directly into deep space. :)

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=11608

Last edited:
WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
I wonder how Rosetta's debut album "The Galilean Satellites" would sound on his speakers. Keep in mind you need to play both cd's at the same time. If they are transportation devices then they will transport you directly into deep space. :)

http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=11608
Interesting album concept. Unfortunately, I only have a 2 channel stereo set up in the main listening system, thus making it impossible for me to play this album as intended (1 front system and a rear one playing simultaneously?), in which it seems that 4 channels are required.

-Chris

H

Haaspac

Audioholic
Interesting album concept. Unfortunately, I only have a 2 channel stereo set up in the main listening system, thus making it impossible for me to play this album as intended (1 front system and a rear one playing simultaneously?), in which it seems that 4 channels are required.

-Chris
I play this album on my computer setup by playing the first cd on winamp and the second on WMP simultaneously. works just fine, but then again its mp3 and not cd quality, but still its an amazing rush.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
So does that mean the November road trip is off?:(:)
I was even getting test CD's ready.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So does that mean the November road trip is off?
No it doesn't. It could easily happen in November. There wasn't that much to do on them. God as my witness the last I heard it was going to be 3 or 4 more hours of work.

While I'm here let me say that I wanted the original crossovers and tweeters that came with the Primus 362's. I understand that they might have been thrown away but just in case they weren't ... :)

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
No it doesn't. It could easily happen in November. There wasn't that much to do on them. God as my witness the last I heard it was going to be 3 or 4 more hours of work.

While I'm here let me say that I wanted the original crossovers and tweeters that came with the Primus 362's. I understand that they might have been thrown away but just in case they weren't ... :)
I just noticed that you stole something. I thought it was Isiberian posting the last 4 threads. Amazing how pictures can blind us to the truth.

DJ

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Blessing in Disguise

While I was listening to various pieces of music on Chris' omni polar rig I wanted to play something that I had listened to on the road from ParadigmDawg's place in Ft. Worth to OKC. I had reached into my CD storage thing and grabbed a CD in the dark and really liked it. I mistakenly thought it was Tori Amos. Well, at Chris' place no amount of searching my Tori Amos CD would produce the song Crazy Baby by Joan Osborne.

I just went to see if I could figure out what the problem was. The good news is that the Joan Osborne tracks that I like didn't get forever ruined by hearing them on Chris' system. The best I have ever heard them sound is on MY system ... so there!:eek:

Thank God he wasn't able to play my Beethoven DVD-A. I played it at ParadigmDawg's and it's not as good to me on my system but it's still alright. I haven't really felt any warm fuzzies about Brothers in Arms since I heard it on gear worth probably 10-100 times more than mine. (Edit: That covers Chris' gear and the gear in the high end shop in Ft. Worth.)

The next time I go to audition nice gear it will be with Barry Manilow's Greatest Hits ...
... at Swerd's. :D

Last edited:
WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Speakers completely assembled, grill off and on. I am still trying to track down a an air leak that is breaching the mid-chamber - then I will start programming.

-Chris

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
4 binding posts? how many DCX's are needed? 2496 + 2310?

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
4 binding posts? how many DCX's are needed? 2496 + 2310?

This is a 4 way active system. The DCX will send out to: -> tweeter amp -> mid amp -> midbass + bass signal sent to a CX2310: 2310 ->mid-bass amp ->bass amp.

400Hz high-pass is used on LF out from DCX. This 400Hz on down will be split to mid-bass and bass amp. by the CX2310 DCX will still allow control over both mid-bass and bass driver - the only function that is farmed out is the xover point between mid-bass and bass drivers.

I did consider using a passive xover circuit so that the mid and tweeter could be on the same amplifier. However, I feel this would compromise too much performance. Ultimately, the best response will be obtained by using a fully active system.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis