MTRYCRAFTS reveals the two BOOMBOXES

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Darn. I thought maybe you had pictures of your new power cables or something. :p

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I finally gave in and my pleasure.
Yes, it is a nice place. Built the whole house. Wish I had known more of things to come when I built it back in 1990:D less remodel pulling cables.:eek:
Yes, it is a nice place and nicely crafted to. It is always a pleasure to see nicely fitted equipment and no wires all over the place.

The view is not a Minnesota one. It looks like a Southwestern view to me.

Transmaniacon

Transmaniacon

Audioholic
Yea kicking back to some good tunes as the sun sets would make for an incredibly relaxing afternoon :)

It does look like the SouthWest/West, especially considering the style of the home, my guess is Oregon.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Yes, it is a nice place and nicely crafted to. It is always a pleasure to see nicely fitted equipment and no wires all over the place.

The view is not a Minnesota one. It looks like a Southwestern view to me.
The wires are hidden behind the pull out shelves. Unfortunately the whole cabinet is somewhat of a compromise because of the curved stairs behind it so the access is not easy;):D But then, I only do it when it is really necessary; no wire testing, etc;):D
It took me this long to post pictures, location may be about the same;)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

The wires are hidden behind the pull out shelves. Unfortunately the whole cabinet is somewhat of a compromise because of the curved stairs behind it so the access is not easy;):D But then, I only do it when it is really necessary; no wire testing, etc;):D
It took me this long to post pictures, location may be about the same;)
What to do about wires, and getting service access, is a huge problem in domestic systems. It is a huge pain to confront a big hurdle for maintenance and service, isn't it?

That is why I decided to take enough space in my remodel to have a mechanical chase I could walk into and get behind the equipment. It also serves as a small service and test area. Not a viable solution unless it is new construction or a remodel.

V

Veda

Audiophyte
After 13 years now I know

No wonder he can't hear any difference in cables and CD players. The guy's old and the room is horribly untreated! Forget everything he says, the guy's deaf.

PS: Wow an ad for Kimber Heros. The first "high end" cable I ever bought and I think I gave Mtry some long discussions on that a while back in 1999?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
blast from the past

No wonder he can't hear any difference in cables and CD players. The guy's old and the room is horribly untreated! Forget everything he says, the guy's deaf.

PS: Wow an ad for Kimber Heros. The first "high end" cable I ever bought and I think I gave Mtry some long discussions on that a while back in 1999?
sooooo ... did you join to bomb marty or are you admitting you have another account on audioholics?

anyway, will leave you to marty ... until you do something bannable.

V

Veda

Audiophyte
sooooo ... did you join to bomb marty or are you admitting you have another account on audioholics?
What? Who? Been using the same name since Audioreview days back in the 90's. Just check it out if you don't believe me. The one and only.

So I can't comment on my old buddy mtrycrafts? :D

K

kyrvas

Junior Audioholic
myrycrafts - I was wondering how you accessed the wires; the cabinets being flush to the wall. Very nice and clean theatre setup. Now if I could get my house in order?

Also, thanks for the Welcome to audioholics; being a neophyte, I appreciate it. :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

myrycrafts - I was wondering how you accessed the wires; the cabinets being flush to the wall. Very nice and clean theatre setup. Now if I could get my house in order?

Also, thanks for the Welcome to audioholics; being a neophyte, I appreciate it. :)
Almost missed your post here.
The shelves are on pull out rollers. There is space between the back and the shelf to drop wires to interconnect components.
Then, there is a small crawl space in back of the equipment section with entry from the bar below the countertop. That is where the power is accessed from, speakers are connected from there to an inwall outlet box in that space. The back of that cabinet has 3" holes at shelf level so it is not visible. The top has two holes for venting. Should have put in a few more and fans at the beginning.
I had to do some sheetrock cutting in the room when the HDMI cable superseded the old video cables to snake the HDMI cable to the projector. Lots of preconstruction planning in 1990 but no one knew of the future audio progress and needs.
Now, not long ago, I added 4 cooling fans that was shared by others here; I think it is about 8".
Keeps the 4 heat generators nice and cool. Should have done that sooner.

K

kyrvas

Junior Audioholic
Almost missed your post here.
The shelves are on pull out rollers. There is space between the back and the shelf to drop wires to interconnect components.
Then, there is a small crawl space in back of the equipment section with entry from the bar below the countertop. That is where the power is accessed from, speakers are connected from there to an inwall outlet box in that space. The back of that cabinet has 3" holes at shelf level so it is not visible. The top has two holes for venting. Should have put in a few more and fans at the beginning.
I had to do some sheetrock cutting in the room when the HDMI cable superseded the old video cables to snake the HDMI cable to the projector. Lots of preconstruction planning in 1990 but no one knew of the future audio progress and needs.
Now, not long ago, I added 4 cooling fans that was shared by others here; I think it is about 8".
Keeps the 4 heat generators nice and cool. Should have done that sooner.
mtrycrafts - That was indeed some planning for the day;and yes, technology changes; so the future I hope will be wireless. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis