Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I have only eaten at one place in KC: Arthur Bryants. Delicious, but not Italian.

I am with you on everything but PF Changs, which I enjoy simply because there are no authentic Chinese restaurants in the Rockies that I have found that you can eat at safely without dying of some sort of food poisoning. Actually, I kind of felt the same way when I was actually in China, but I guess I survived. I am all about authentic food from other places though...

Who's hungry? :D
You have mountains and cool looking scenery. Not flat land with no features. :)

What I really miss is the candy in Europe. They have chocolate covered cherries that will make you smile. :D

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I'm with you on that one. Olive Garden is to Italian how Taco Bell is to Mexican how Pf Chang's is to Chinese.

They all can suck it.

Here are the best Italian places I've ate in KC. By no means is this a comprehensive list, but you'd do well to visit these fine establishments. Just mind your manners at a couple of these places.

http://www.jasperskc.com/

http://www.garozzos.com/

http://www.kansascitymenus.com/pauloandbill/

Whats crazy is Springfield, MO is the birthplace of some modern "chinese" dishes. We started frying chicken and dumping sauce on it. Not authentic but whatever.

garozzos is filthy in a good way. Thats some of the best food I've ever had. I also really enjoyed Magiannos (sp) in Boston. I love family style Italian.

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I also really enjoyed Magiannos (sp) in Boston. I love family style Italian.
You say this now? I just got back from Boston and wasn't too impressed with anywhere we ate, and we didn't have any insider information on where to go...

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
The 4310 is here. They didn't package it so hot, despite the double box, but I won't know if that is an issue until I get it unpacked.

I should get to writing now, but the thing is just sitting there in the box, taunting me...
Just take it out and hook it up (and post pics:)). You know you want to.:D This way once you get it going you can get back to work without the distractions.

strube

strube

Just take it out and hook it up (and post pics:)). You know you want to.:D This way once you get it going you can get back to work without the distractions.
You know the little red devil that appears on Tom Hulce's shoulder in Animal House during the toga party and recommends that he do certain things to a passed out girl? Yeah. That is you. :p

The thing is, you're absolutely right. :D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
My middle name is procrastination. I can also rationalize most actions that will promote and allow further procrastination. In my earlier years if I would have put as much time into work as I did trying to get out of the work I would have 2 PhD’s right now.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
You say this now? I just got back from Boston and wasn't too impressed with anywhere we ate, and we didn't have any insider information on where to go...
I would expect the seafood especially northern Atlantic fish to be amazing.

If you want Italian we had some amazing food on mulberry street in Manhattan on our honeymoon. Spaghetti and Meatball special and the meat just melted in your mouth. Not as good as Europe, but hey it's as good as I've had in the States.

strube

strube

I would expect the seafood especially northern Atlantic fish to be amazing.

If you want Italian we had some amazing food on mulberry street in Manhattan on our honeymoon. Spaghetti and Meatball special and the meat just melted in your mouth. Not as good as Europe, but hey it's as good as I've had in the States.
Sounds wonderful, but I highly doubt I will be returning to the east coast for quite a while. I will have to stick to food in Denver, and eventually the greater LA area...

The 4310 is all set up and is currently getting a healthy dose of firmware update. After that it will be calibration time. I will post pictures in my theater thread, but it pretty much functions exactly the same as the old one. As far as looks and connectivity, about the only difference is some extra HDMI ports (6 in/2 out, up from 4 in/1 out in the 3808), which may come in handy in the future.

I did realize, however, that because of the superior Anchor Bay VP system it has vs the 3808, that I will likely be to the point where my HD DVD player only sees use with the very few HD DVDs we have, and I will use the Denon to do any upscaling. From what I have read, it is better than the BD player and about the same as the HD DVD player.

I would love to try out Audyssey DSX and add some width channels, but I really don't see that happening 'till after the new year.

I just realized I will probably end up copy-pasting this post when I post pics, but everyone will survive, I am sure. :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Sounds wonderful, but I highly doubt I will be returning to the east coast for quite a while. I will have to stick to food in Denver, and eventually the greater LA area...

The 4310 is all set up and is currently getting a healthy dose of firmware update. After that it will be calibration time. I will post pictures in my theater thread, but it pretty much functions exactly the same as the old one. As far as looks and connectivity, about the only difference is some extra HDMI ports (6 in/2 out, up from 4 in/1 out in the 3808), which may come in handy in the future.

I did realize, however, that because of the superior Anchor Bay VP system it has vs the 3808, that I will likely be to the point where my HD DVD player only sees use with the very few HD DVDs we have, and I will use the Denon to do any upscaling. From what I have read, it is better than the BD player and about the same as the HD DVD player.

I would love to try out Audyssey DSX and add some width channels, but I really don't see that happening 'till after the new year.

I just realized I will probably end up copy-pasting this post when I post pics, but everyone will survive, I am sure. :D
LA was very nice when I was there. Seemed to be more laid back than New York for sure. I'm a very laid back person so I guess that's more to my liking anyway.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I just ordered the BD-60. It's hard to step out of the PS3. I'm crying inside as an old gamer. It's really hard to let this go. I know I haven't played a game in like 8 weeks and the IR will make life easier. I plan to add a Roku or WD(if they add netflix).

strube

strube

Wasnt it a 4910?
Oh yeah. That is what I meant.

For some reason it has the same connections as the 4310, which is sad, as I was hoping it would have the same connections as the 4810. Honestly though, I am sure it will serve me very well for a long time.

I just ordered the BD-60. It's hard to step out of the PS3. I'm crying inside as an old gamer. It's really hard to let this go. I know I haven't played a game in like 8 weeks and the IR will make life easier. I plan to add a Roku or WD(if they add netflix).
You will soon realize the glory of a standalone player. I hope WD gets netflix, because they are so much more capable in many other ways than the Roku, but we will have to see if that ever happens. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I just got back from Boston and wasn't too impressed with anywhere we ate ...
The entire North End has world class Italian eateries. Anybody could have told you that. Did you have trouble finding booze too? :D

Yeah, so what if it takes another semester to finish school because you listened to Craig? :p

I was going to take a nap with the pooch ...
Oh no ... :eek:

I just ate a whole store bought rotisserie chicken except for some of the breast.
The girl likes that part. ;)

strube

strube

The entire North End has world class Italian eateries. Anybody could have told you that.
Yeah, except my brother, who pretends to live there. :p

Did you have trouble finding booze too? :D
Since I don't do the booze thing, it wasn't too much of a concern to me, but if I needed some booze, I would have been fine. :)

I wanted some really good Irish food, but the quick Google search I did resulted in going to the Landsdowne Pub right next to Fenway Park and the House of Blues where we were going to immediately after, and I wasn't terribly impressed. I am sure there were far better places to go, but as I said, my brother wasn't too much help with that...

Next time I am out to the east, I am freaking calling you. No more relying on Google or family to tell me about reasonably tasty establishments, only for that to fail! :mad::D

Yeah, so what if it takes another semester to finish school because you listened to Craig? :p
It gets harder every day to focus, and that AVR sure doesn't help the situation, regardless of what Craig says. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Seems like I left Mr. Gitterdone out on the road back from Oklahoma. I've been sleeping since Friday. Yesterday was a morning and an afternoon nap. My car isn't even unloaded and the bag of clothes I brought in on Friday night still isn't unpacked. My bed is real comfy. I'm going back for more. :p :D
It's like I'm looking in a mirror. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis